Libre sensor keeps coming off in hot temperatures!

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

This is the first time I’ve had the freestyle libre sensors in the hot summer, and the last two sensors have really struggled to stay on. This evening it has completely come off three days before the end of the 14 days (I even tried to partially stick it with superglue!). I think it’s because of the really hot temperatures we’re having right now.

I wondered if anyone has any tips or suggestions for making sure they stay on and don’t lose their stickiness? Sorry if this has been posted before.

Thanks in advance,
Jessica

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

This is the first time I’ve had the freestyle libre sensors in the hot summer, and the last two sensors have really struggled to stay on. This evening it has completely come off three days before the end of the 14 days (I even tried to partially stick it with superglue!). I think it’s because of the really hot temperatures we’re having right now.

I wondered if anyone has any tips or suggestions for making sure they stay on and don’t lose their stickiness? Sorry if this has been posted before.

Thanks in advance,
Jessica

Hi,

Is the sensor coming away from the double sided sticky round tape or is the tape comming away from the skin?
Do you use a spray on deodorant? A localised roll on could stop any "over spay" one gets from the chemical reaction with a deodorant??

I have to admit, I work in some pretty hot environments of late. & had no issue..

But oddly, my boss's son has recently started using libres & his wife asked me the same thing today regarding them coming unstuck..

There are plenty of other ideas. But basically, I exfoliate the area to the site whilst bathing then clean with an alcahol wipe before planting a new one..?

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Thanks in advance,
Jessica
Phone Abbott’s, I had this issue, I don’t think it’s the weather as the replacement is fine. Not letting the alcohol wipe area dry properly sometimes can contribute apparently.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I always use a patch of hypafix over the sensor. The patch often stays on for the whole 2 weeks, sometimes I need to use a new patch in the second week.

126143_hypafix-10cm-x-10m-1-stuk_nl-thumb-1_350x350.webp

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thats great, thanks everyone for your help. I don’t actually use alcohol wipes but maybe I should get some and those patch things look good too. Best wishes, Jessica

Reactions: Antje77