Anorexia and pre-diabetes

andromache

Thank you for your feedback, indeed I see lot of similarities between what you experienced and what is happening to me.
I have an history of anorexia at teen age as well. Same for vegetarian, I have stopped to eat meat since my 13 years old.
So I guess we have the same way to deal with food.
I also feel that carbs is what will make me gain back the weigh, rather than fatty food that when I eat too much of it I have diarrhea.

My normal natural bmi is around 21 /22 so yes definitively something is going wrong I know.
I will cooperate with my ED provider to see what we can do.
Indeed it sounds as though you and I share some defining experiences in terms of food and our health. We share an understanding that would be hard to explain to others, perhaps! I bless each day in which I can enjoy giving my body the fuel it needs , feeling well and strong and living free of the iron grip of disordered eating. If I can do that, so can you. Good luck,

Reactions: Elenas

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I recently came across this book, borrowed it from the library, and after reading just a few pages liked it so much I bought my own copy.
upload_2021-7-27_17-52-30.jpeg

I have never suffered from anorexia, but I now feel I understand much better what it is like to be anorexic. This book is about more than anorexia. It is also heart-warming for the author's honesty, and the wonderful glimpses of English literature she evokes. She has inspired me to go back to many an old favourite, and to buy/borrow some new. A delight!

Attachments

• upload_2021-7-27_17-46-46.jpeg
    upload_2021-7-27_17-46-46.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 128