In hospital nerve problems.

• Thread starter Deleted member 538891
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

I went for my orthopedic appointment about my fractured/wrist the doctor was asking about my thumb and hand numbness and my lack of grip.

He checked my reflexes and said they are not good & i have upper & lower weakness in my body asked what i was doing today i said looking after my granchildren.
I was asked to pack a bag and go to the ward i was being sent too.

I have been in since wednesday night & last night i was give 18 units of insulin after tea i went for a walk & came back had my blood sugar tested was 3.7 then was given glucose to drink along with feeling dizzy and weak so hope it dosnt happen tonight the same.
I have to see the consultant on monday
been referred to sheffield to neurologist
next week.

Sparklebright62.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi,
I had to go for tests last week and been diagnosed with Essential Tremor syndrome.
Ask them why you were giving you insulin after food, then a glucose drink.

I ask because that is not good for blood glucose levels, the insulin would definitely give you the 3.7 reading, so as a precaution they gave you glucose.
Your blood levels will be bouncing around like a rollercoaster ride.
This is why you are getting those symptoms.

Have they got a clue, which type you are?
What did you have to eat before the insulin and glucose?
Why didn't they do a reading at least an hour after the glucose?

Because of the diabetes and possibly some lack of vitamins deficiency has brought you to the point where you will require help to strengthen your bones.

Why the neurologist? Have they found that your nervous system isn't quite right?
Don't panic, at least you are getting hopefully some answers.

Keep safe

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hoping you get some answers but more importantly you are less stressed now too. Thinking of you. :) :) :)

Reactions: jjraak
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

I think i am more stressed because i am in hospital and dont know all the answers i now have spinal narrowing after mri scan for servre back pain and loss of numbness in hands and keep dropping things need to see a neurologist.

Sparklebright62.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi to all,

I think i am more stressed because i am in hospital and dont know all the answers i now have spinal narrowing after mri scan for servre back pain and loss of numbness in hands and keep dropping things need to see a neurologist.

Sparklebright62.
Have they checked for Cauda Equina syndrome? Are your waterworks etc functioning in tandem with your muscles? I'm being checked via MRI once radiology answer their answering machine, that is. At A&E a few weeks ago I was told I'd have my MRI within 2wks. I'll chase mine up or return to A&E like I was instructed if I get pins and needles or numbness in legs. My saddle is numb etc... I'll be watching your post closely. Thinking of how your feeling. I know seems scary but I take heart as a relative had hers sorted straight out on diagnosis. :)

Reactions: EllieM and Lamont D
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

I am now home came home after waiting ages for meds and insulin yesterday just had more insulin as blood sugar 18.4 i had 16 units last night of insulin didnt work.
Home at last been told not to do much but cannot not do anything cant live in messy bungalow so still have to clean up lol.
Just hope i dont do too much.

Sparklebright62.