What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The duchess is not very happy this am, there was a small frog in the downstairs toilet!

They are obviously breeding in our septic tank across the road in such quantities they are coming up the sewage outflow pipe from the house. I saw two in the toilet one morning and could not do any other than flush them back down the pipe.
Life in the country is full of these little pleasures.;)
Cant do much atm I am still on light duties after cataract surgery!
It would better to flush before the lid is lifted if one is squeamish! :)
Was it called Emanuel? Another cunning plan by those frogs, last time it was riding horses into battle when everyone knew you got off and formed a line of interlocking shields.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.4
Remembering to take my meds.

Yesterday the chiller cabinet where I had seen that soft malleable (melting) cheddar cheese some days earlier, now only had canned drinks filling the chiller cabinet. All the spoiled food had gone,

In another shop yesterday, a designated freezer type shop, I was wondering if it would be safe to buy some food from their chiller cabinet. I didn't get the cheese because I wasn't sure after seeing all those melting chiller and freezer cabinets (not this particular shop) the week before with the hot weather. So, I picked up a nice (pack of two) wild blueberry and lemon cheesecake for a treat. It had cardboard round it.

But it wasn't until I opened it yesterday afternoon (it had gone straight into my fridge, which is the correct temperature, 20 minutes after buying it), that when I took the cardboard off, I realised the silver foil on top of the glass dish it was in, was blown. I opened it, and it was very off. Disappointed. Looks like all the shops last week who had problems with their chillers had just left the chilled food in them even though the temperatures fell below safe levels. I have gone off food again.

And I will not be buying any chilled meats or cheese or anything like that until September, because surely by that time all those chiller foods will have been replaced.

It's packets and tins and glass jars and dried food for me until then. So now now to figure out what I can eat, because I was very dependent on fresh/chilled foods (cheese and cooked meats etc.).

I know where I can get yellowfin tuna (responsibly sourced etc) in olive oil, so another shopping expedition in a few days. And I can get some ((expensive) powdered cheese to mix with my scrambled egg. So, a rethink...

Last night, as usual, Popeye sits or lies wide awake (right under my chin) guarding me all through the night. I used night sight on my phone camera to capture this. Or I can open my eyes in the night, and Popeye has gone into upright sitting mode and is staring into my closed eyes. Very spooky to open your eyes, and have eyes staring back into your eyes.

Now I am awake, Popeye is lying totally chilled out, relaxed and floppy and his eyes closed...

What invisible demons is that cat guarding me against in the night...
08DD15F4-00C4-4F98-8527-B4AF410B892C.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh @gennepher

a day of mixed emotions
Frustration at the stores
And delights in the garden

As for weather apps

Best I found was dark skies.
Very on point and accurate.
Stolen by Apple for a kings ransom

So no longer available on droid

Working with AccuWeather now
( Not a patch on dark skies for a biker .
Dark skies, rain in 3,2,1, minutes accuracy, and show wind speeds much more clearly then accu does :rolleyes: )

But it's the best of the rest so far.

Not too sure how far you'd go, but battery pack/ chargers I have for starting car has a host of cable/connectors to fit most appliance and USB ports.

A couple of hours to recharge, but would do several nights easily I would have thought ?

mine was circa £40, but no longer on amazon.
Bought back in 2018

still working and charged several different cars at one time or other.

View attachment 50620 View attachment 50621
They do sell them in Halfords JJ, my brother has one with a USB multiport connector - very handy @gennepher

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening, national bin day and a busy one or several thrown into today.

A 7.1 this morening, must stop snacking on cheese.......

Sorry but must now depart and start chasing around like a blue bottomed fly.
Have a great day all.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh @gennepher

a day of mixed emotions
Frustration at the stores
And delights in the garden

As for weather apps

Best I found was dark skies.
Very on point and accurate.
Stolen by Apple for a kings ransom

So no longer available on droid

Working with AccuWeather now
( Not a patch on dark skies for a biker .
Dark skies, rain in 3,2,1, minutes accuracy, and show wind speeds much more clearly then accu does :rolleyes: )

But it's the best of the rest so far.

Not too sure how far you'd go, but battery pack/ chargers I have for starting car has a host of cable/connectors to fit most appliance and USB ports.

A couple of hours to recharge, but would do several nights easily I would have thought ?

mine was circa £40, but no longer on amazon.
Bought back in 2018

still working and charged several different cars at one time or other.

View attachment 50620 View attachment 50621
Thanks @jjraak
So Dark Skies is on Apple now?
I do have my iPad...as well as Android...
I do not like AccuWeather at all.
There is none I am really happy with now...

Ah, a host of cable/connectors to fit most appliances and USB ports?
That looks a very good back up plan.
Where I live often has power cuts but it is usually in the winter, not the summer (but this year is a bit different).
It is not available any more :(

But @dunelm has come up with something so I am going over to his post to have a peek...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The duchess is not very happy this am, there was a small frog in the downstairs toilet!

They are obviously breeding in our septic tank across the road in such quantities they are coming up the sewage outflow pipe from the house. I saw two in the toilet one morning and could not do any other than flush them back down the pipe.
Life in the country is full of these little pleasures.;)
Cant do much atm I am still on light duties after cataract surgery!
It would better to flush before the lid is lifted if one is squeamish! :)
Life in the countryside is very entertaining @lindisfel
t157122.gif

lindisfel

Expert
Morening, national bin day and a busy one or several thrown into today.

A 7.1 this morening, must stop snacking on cheese.......

Sorry but must now depart and start chasing around like a blue bottomed fly.
Have a great day all.
I see you've turned over a new leaf, Alf!;) :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from our little house on the prairie here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken in mango and coconut with a big portion of mushrooms in a garlic sauce rocked in at 5.5 this am.

Girl in the bubble delivered safely home to her primary carers and then over the moors to our little house on the prairie. Youngest son and wife arrives tomorrow with Little Miss Pamplemouse and the Ninky Nonks for a few days of fun and frolicks and then back to the house for a few days for trips to the beach.

I have been asked to produce a Willow tree for a tattoo. Good grief. I don’t have any issues for a bit of skin ink - I have one myself, just the one. I have done a few and may need to do more before I am happy. Still. Here is one. Hope that everyone has a magnificent time watching the parade of the bin lorry - whenever it passes your way. Must make some koffy.

View attachment 50626
Brilliant willow tree @dunelm

It would drive me demented working out a tattoo design....

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to Wednesday from a damp Forest Heath. Swipey was very 4.7ish today. Too close to 5 on Swipey for my liking but the right side of 5. I'm unconvinced about the wider benefits of LC despite recent bloods being normal and making things work for six years. @Krystyna23040 good news on staying local today. I don';t think thunderstorms have made it this far along the A11. I have promised Julie we will visit Norwich, I haven't been for decades, not even Carrow Road. She has only been to the UEA. We are in charge of the cutest granddaughter today:) KBO crew - it is what it is.
Recent bloods being normal sounds good. Met office still think that we will have thunderstorms - although no sign of them yet.

Hope you have a good day with your oldest granddaughter. I hope Julie enjoys her visit to Norwich (when she does visit Norwich). I think that although there are nice parts of Norwich - Cambridge wins hands down.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
when I took the cardboard off, I realised the silver foil on top of the glass dish it was in, was blown. I opened it, and it was very off.
That is really bad of the shop to sell food that has gone off - and very disappointing when you were looking forward to a lovely cheesecake.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that although there are nice parts of Norwich - Cambridge wins hands down.
I'm biased as I was born in Cambridge and the maternal side of my family are Cantabridgians. We have stayed out of the major parts of Cambridge since Feb 2020. Too long. I quite like Bury St Edmunds and Ely which have a similar "feel" on a smaller scale.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Was surprised as I had a delivery of Montezuma 100% chocolate yesterday and when I got back from classes I couldn't resist a couple of squares of the one with orange oil. It's my favourite and when I last ordered in February it was out of stock so I had really missed it. Then I spied the cashew nuts.

In the past this would have resulted in much higher fbs.