What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Bizarre Covid details from Cumbria, was 843 per 100,000 last week now well below 400 per 100,000.
Will have to see what direction it's going in.

I see deaths per day are pushing up towards 100, hope to see that coming down and would be much better news.

News from other parts of the world very sad.

Some are convinced Ivermectin is a therapeutic answer but drug companies appear to want to create another wheel so we have to pay up and Ivermectin is being blanked. Or so it appears?

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Popeye was guarding me all night as usual.
I left him on my bed while I went to make a cuppa tea and mug of coffee.
When I came back he was lying in a very strange position. He'd had another heatstroke/fit. He had involuntarily wet himself. Fortunately it was on my sheepskin. At least I didn't have a complete bed to change and wash.

He was overheating and his temperature was rising, and he was breathing too fast. So rubbed him with a damp towel, then wrapped him in damp towel and put him over my heart for a bit. He looks like his breathing is near normal, and his temperature has gone down. I have a fan on him, the window is also wide open.

So, this morning's photo is the Jade-like cat. The Jade-like cat sleeps on my wooden swing overnight. He/she, it looks a she to me, appears to live in my garden now. The swing accommodation is comfortable, with a base of foam cushion topped by some pure wool old jumpers of mine, and a 100% feather cushion.

I could see her from my bed when she was waking up, having a good stretch, so I took a photo. Her eyes are asking for breakfast...
Yesterday she had an adventure in my garden. She was on the garden path eyeing the sparrows feeding, when along came a heffalump (wood pigeon) who crash landed on top of her. Talk about breakfast handed to you on a plate. She recovered and reacted quicker than the pigeon who was dazed wondering what the heck happened. I rushed out grabbed the wood pigeon which appeared only to be minus half a dozen largish feathers, and slung him back in the air. The pigeon promptly crash landed into my willow tree, tumbled a bit, Jade-like cat was rushing up the willow tree. Wood pigeon managed to grab its few remaining brain cells, and managed to take off. Jade-like cat was disappointed. I gave Jade-like cat some cat food and promptly explained that she does NOT catch birds in my garden. I am not sure she was listening, but I told her she could hunt mice, and the larger version on a mouse, whereupon a very well fed mouse ran across the path, Jade-like cat abandoned the breakfast I gave her and pounced...I left her to it...

Popeye doesn't want me to post the photo of him wrapped in a wet towel.

So, here is Jade-like cat just woken up this morning. She looks under a year old to me. And by the way about a quarter to one third of the residents in this road have not returned to their bungalows yet, after they all left their bungalows for a few nights when it was intolerably hot in these bungalows. Did Jade-like cat belong to one of them and was an indoors cat? Because I have never seen this pretty cat before. If she stays, she is welcome to stay and I will sort her out (I am not having kittens). There are no notices on Facebook or other online sites to say missing cat.

Here she is, the light is not very good, it was only 6am on a grey rainy morning.

And I need a nap...

82863DA1-CD39-460C-9418-72E1BB14EC1E.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome everyone except Evert which can do one sharpish. How are we all? Whatever happened to Rag, Tag and Bobtail? Swipey announced "Today, Matthew, I shall be Justin. Here's a 4.9." Not quite as welcome as a rattlesnake in a lucky dip - are bran tubs illegal now? haven't we taken back enough control for a revival? Task one is to ferry The Woman in the Boot (magically goes away Monday) to Newmarket to see a physio; then the dogs go to kennels (££s), feed ourselves, have a brief sleep and drive (£££s) unto Southampton and sleep in a hotel Saturday (£££S. risk). A ludicrous experiment to see if after 20 months we can catch covid whilst hissing away ££££s. I'm ecstatic at the opportunity:angelic: Maybe not the most apt meme for me today @karen8967. Fun day ahead @dunelm best fuel up with corffee and back pain relief. Wonderful account of life in Genworld @gennepher. @Krystyna23040 Norwich can wait since local news reports it is a covid hotspot. This condemned man will eat a hearty salmon salad later. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits -

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are not chasing around the countryside on their motorcycles today.

An unsurprising 7.2 this morning.

A day of domestication today, but yesterday was much more fun riding around the white horses of Wiltshire and the beautiful countryside only did 147 miles, me and me's swear we drank more koffy than fuel used. Some very nice farm shops and very nice pub gardens. If you want a list of the Wiltshire white horses pm me.

Stay safe if you can, I'm about to wake Mrs J, probably the most dangerous thing me and me's will do today.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.45am FBG 5.9
Weight 51.7kg
Am finding it impossible to be sensible about food at the moment. So too many biscuits, loads of icecream, far too much cheese and wine.
Spirit Healthcare have changed their ordering system and although I have made multiple attempts over several days, still have not managed to order more test strips. Gave up this morning and phoned for the third time... they will call me back.... sometime....
Update.
Might have to get them delivered from Germany, Spirit Healthcare no longer send to Europe.
@gennepher How is Popeye now?
the jade like cat looks happy in your garden, liked the tale of the foolish woodpigeon. What a lucky escape it had.
Errant has recently started showing an interest in birds, in so far as he now watches them, I don't think he would actually attempt to catch one though.
Feeling very anxious and a bit tearful for no real reason this morning. Who left a tissue and a mask in their pocket? They dont do well in the washing machine. Need to pull myself together again.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are not chasing around the countryside on their motorcycles today.

An unsurprising 7.2 this morning.

A day of domestication today, but yesterday was much more fun riding around the white horses of Wiltshire and the beautiful countryside only did 147 miles, me and me's swear we drank more koffy than fuel used. Some very nice farm shops and very nice pub gardens. If you want a list of the Wiltshire white horses pm me.

Stay safe if you can, I'm about to wake Mrs J, probably the most dangerous thing me and me's will do today.
A brilliant day @alf_Josiah

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
30.07 Feeling very anxious and a bit tearful for no real reason this morning. Who left a tissue and a mask in their pocket? They dont do well in the washing machine. Need to pull myself together again.
From a distance that seems excessively harsh on yourself. More stress factors than one can shake a stick towards. Shout, shout, let it all out.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.45am FBG 5.9
Weight 51.7kg
Am finding it impossible to be sensible about food at the moment. So too many biscuits, loads of icecream, far too much cheese and wine.
Spirit Healthcare have changed their ordering system and although I have made multiple attempts over several days, still have not managed to order more test strips. Gave up this morning and phoned for the third time... they will call me back.... sometime....
Update.
Might have to get them delivered from Germany, Spirit Healthcare no longer send to Europe.
@gennepher How is Popeye now?
the jade like cat looks happy in your garden, liked the tale of the foolish woodpigeon. What a lucky escape it had.
Errant has recently started showing an interest in birds, in so far as he now watches them, I don't think he would actually attempt to catch one though.
Feeling very anxious and a bit tearful for no real reason this morning. Who left a tissue and a mask in their pocket? They dont do well in the washing machine. Need to pull myself together again.
Popeye is recovering nicely thanks @SlimLizzy but not himself yet. He is sleeping.
I have some high calorific nutritious paste I now give him, Popeye could do with weight on. And that seemed to help revive him.

That is a nuisance about the test strips, I hope you get some soon.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Popeye is recovering nicely thanks @SlimLizzy but not himself yet. He is sleeping.
I have some high calorific nutritious paste I now give him, Popeye could do with weight on. And that seemed to help revive him.

That is a nuisance about the test strips, I hope you get some soon.
Glad to read Popeye is recovering.
The situation with test strips is more than a nuisance. It seems the Tee2 is not used in Europe, Someone at Spirit Healthcare is looking into alternative shipping arrangements from the UK. Will see if she is able to sort something out for me. I might have to get yet another meter. Already have a Accucheck but strips were so expensive that i had to abandon it.

lindisfel

Expert
Not the Olympics but grandson pleased. He has played mens table tennis since 13 in the local league. His team won 9:0 last night so they are in the semi finals.
At fifteen his dad and uncle can no longer stand up to his speed. I encouraged him to let his dad win from time to time and he just grins at me.

Nice to find a tray of 30 eggs at the front door this am. Julie the horse woman who exercises her mare and stallion every day past the house (on separate occasions of course) does this kind act now and again.

Last sunday when Henny Penny of the Sky falling in, fame, was seen in the garden again after visiting often, from the free range field down the road, I carefully looked and found a nest with 8 eggs. She must have been thinking to sit soon?

Anyway I told the lady next door and apparently the Fox injured their cockerel and it died a few weeks later, so there's no future in it for Henny Penny

They said we could have the eggs but it was hot last week, so her hubby is giving them to the dogs...but we obviously have not lost out!

Wet and cool here today I think we are switching back to a more normal August at 14 deg C at 1100.
D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad to read Popeye is recovering.
The situation with test strips is more than a nuisance. It seems the Tee2 is not used in Europe, Someone at Spirit Healthcare is looking into alternative shipping arrangements from the UK. Will see if she is able to sort something out for me. I might have to get yet another meter. Already have a Accucheck but strips were so expensive that i had to abandon it.
That is a blow @SlimLizzy
I hope the lady can work something out for you.
Best of luck.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not the Olympics but grandson pleased. He has played mens table tennis since 13 in the local league. His team won 9:0 last night so they are in the semi finals.
At fifteen his dad and uncle can no longer stand up to his speed. I encouraged him to let his dad win from time to time and he just grins at me.

Nice to find a tray of 30 eggs at the front door this am. Julie the horse woman who exercises her mare and stallion every day past the house (on separate occasions of course) does this kind act now and again.

Last sunday when Henny Penny of the Sky falling in, fame, was seen in the garden again after visiting often, from the free range field down the road, I carefully looked and found a nest with 8 eggs. She must have been thinking to sit soon?

Anyway I told the lady next door and apparently the Fox injured their cockerel and it died a few weeks later, so there's no future in it for Henny Penny

They said we could have the eggs but it was hot last week, so her hubby is giving them to the dogs...but we obviously have not lost out!

Wet and cool here today I think we are switching back to a more normal August at 14 deg C at 1100.
D.
Great news about the tray of eggs - brings back memories as do the horses. My dad used to find eggs and pheasants on the doorstep and horses regularly passed our front window. The countryside is a whole other country. This is a "market town" but driving past just now the market seems to have all but disappeared. Absent the USAF this town would currently not be viable. A huge and expensive new facility recently opened and the secondary Academy relocated so I assume that vacant area will become housing and shops as it is near the A11: 23 miles to Cambridge, 29 mins to Bury St Edmunds, 26 mins to Thetford and 20 mins to Newmarket. Good access to 3 counties and way cheaper property than Cambridge. Yay for Grandson.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
.and dealing with the till...and I saw two people walk out without paying for their goods as far as I could see and they walked past both self service till and manned till. I looked at the guy at the manned till, and he just shrugged his shoulders and looked away...

I think the Apocalypse is much nearer than we realise...

Now to check out Amazon...

I did read that was a massive problem ..probably still cheaper the paying staff instead of using smart tills

My local one, pretty sure that's a regular occurrence, despite security guard .

Good to hear Popeye's feeling better.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did read that was a massive problem ..probably still cheaper the paying staff instead of using smart tills

My local one, pretty sure that's a regular occurrence, despite security guard .

Good to hear Popeye's feeling better.
Thank you @jjraak
Popeye has slept since this morning...
Presumably that was why the security guard was there when it was fully staffed, so it will be even worse now.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Finally the temperature has dropped inside and out. The rain all day yesterday helped. I did have just a mains operated fan in the kitchen last night, but it was turned off this morning which means there was a power cut in the night. It won't just turn back on when power is restored as a safety measure. So, checked alarm clock, and that was flashing and tells me from time display power cut was just after midnight.

Popeye would like you to know he slept all day yesterday so was able to guard me all night as usual.

Here he is waiting for me to get back in bed with my cuppa.

He certainly looks very much improved on yesterday.

4D5AD165-E830-456C-82AF-311159BE8C86.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a damp and dreary start here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of chicken parmesan came in at 5.8 this am.

A day of stomping around in the damp yesterday wearing waterproof clothing and welly boots. By early afternoon, we had all had enough and took shelter to crowd round the dining room table with paper, pencils, scissors and glue to make all manner or things. Little Miss Pamplemouse decided that you can’t here a Pteradactyl in the bathrooom because it has a silent ‘P’ - contact her for other tips about chortles - I know not if she fully understands the joke, her being only six years old but you never know.

Art bit - another country scene, have a great day if you can, I shall now make koffy.

upload_2021-7-31_6-31-14.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Dull here. Yes, both myself and the weather. 4.5 via Swipey. Longish drive to Southampton soon for a party in the park - No 3 granddaughter. Pit stop in a hotel - worrying if I'm honest - then home Sunday in time for No 2 grandson, all God willing obviously. Little Miss Pamplemouse sounds like a superstar in the making @dunelm and another fine piece of art from you. Popeye the guard cat is looking remarkably spry @gennepher. I'm glad your bungalow, or bungle as No 1 son called them, is cooler. I'm off to deliver two gazebos to a place called Netley Park, eat a couple of Heck sausages, smile sweetly, sleep as well as possible and rentrer chez nous asap. Will I find somewhere to watch the rugby? Y'all take care now, I absolutely insist.

Last edited: