Insulin arrived 2 late

• Thread starter Deleted member 538891
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

My insulin should have arrived yesterday
but didnt arrive till 12 luchtime so i missed my dose for this morning so had 18 units at 12 luchtime do i still need 16 units @t bedtime.
The chemist said yes but isnt that too much too close together wont it knock out my morning dose in the morning.
Very confusing to say the least they never give you any info just expect you to get on with it.
Should give you a chart of when to take and what to do if you cannot take at the time you are supposed too.

Sparklebright62.

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
If you can post the type of insulin you are taking, and how long you have been taking it for, someone can possible give an opinion.

I've been on humulin 1 for several years now and have confidence in adapting the dose for myself, and for me, yes, I would start afresh in the morning.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Personally I would just miss a dose and suffer a higher bg for a while, rather than hypo all day, for example, I was night fishing Wednesday night and forgot my humalin I, next day I average 11-13, *shrug*

but I’m neither a doctor or a good role model :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What insulin and at what time do you go to bed?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi to all,

My insulin should have arrived yesterday
but didnt arrive till 12 luchtime so i missed my dose for this morning so had 18 units at 12 luchtime do i still need 16 units @t bedtime.
The chemist said yes but isnt that too much too close together wont it knock out my morning dose in the morning.
Very confusing to say the least they never give you any info just expect you to get on with it.
Should give you a chart of when to take and what to do if you cannot take at the time you are supposed too.

Sparklebright62.

Hi Sparklebright,

Knowing what insulin you are prescribed & when you were advised by your doctor to take it would help with the appropriate advice given from experienced members..

With regards to ordering a repeat prescription; I personally allow a few more days "grace" on the usual process. Just incase there is some sort of delay either with the admin, chemist, supply or logistics? :)

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
With regards to ordering a repeat prescription; I personally allow a few more days "grace" on the usual process. Just incase there is some sort of delay either with the admin, chemist, supply or logistics? :)
I second this.
There are usually 5 cartridges or pens in a packet. I always put in my repeat request when I take the penultimate one out of the packet so I have more than one cartridge/pen spare for delays or if there are any damages.

D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all ,

I am on novomix 30 i have been on the same one on & off for ages to be taken morning&evening hopefully taking till my bs goes down hope that wont be long then perhaps i can go locarb and loose more weight
that is my Aim.

I have to loose more weight as i am having nerve compression hopefully if i loose more weight i will prevent it getting worse.

Sparklebright62

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi to all ,

I am on novomix 30 i have been on the same one on & off for ages to be taken morning&evening hopefully taking till my bs goes down hope that wont be long then perhaps i can go locarb and loose more weight
that is my Aim.

I have to loose more weight as i am having nerve compression hopefully if i loose more weight i will prevent it getting worse.

Sparklebright62

Hi,

What time in the evening where you advised to take the second dose of Novomix 30?