Cinnamon

Julie Wykes

Hello, I'm new to all This! I'm pre diabetic so making changes to my diet and trying to exercise more. Has anyone tried cinnamon tea after a Meal? I've read that it controls blood sugar. Just interested if anyone has actually tried This?
Thanks in Advance!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I put cinnamon in my morning coffee along with a little salt - I do not use salt when cooking, but I do so because I like it. As my blood glucose levels are controlled by my diet in general I do not have data on the cinnamon effect, or not - though there are definitely different grades or types of cinnamon. I can smell the difference between brands and even batches - or I could when I was younger, so it might be as well to research the various options for the best effect.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I do, only for the taste. It did not make a measurable difference. Neither did ACV or berberine. Cutting carbs absolutely worked

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
An ex colleague of mine said it helped his T2 diabetes, but he was just going by his HbA1C results (which could be influenced by many other things) rather than doing BG finger-prick tests specifically for the same carbs with and without added cinnamon.

Even if somebody does get a lower initial BG from addition of cinnamon, it may be that it just causes a delay such as Fat or alcohol would cause.

Emile_the_rat

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
No, cinnamon do not reduce blood sugar or help with blood sugar. Sorry, but that’s just dumb.

It’s an old myth, made by new age and people believing in the big pharma conspiracy. So easy and short answere, cinnamon does not affect blood sugar at all, not even the slightest.