Your longest period without testing & why ?

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think possibly 3 months without testing as a type 1 that's quite a long time but that was 50 years ago when you could only test with urine tests,

jenfoolery

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I was diagnosed in 2008 but spent years and years in denial about it. I FELT just fine. My doctor would scold me and I'd promise to do better, but I didn't. Totally delusional, but I honestly went on for years like that. I did stick with the metformin and glipizide, but that was it. I didn't test, didn't eat right, and was generally non-compliant. It was just March of this year that I decided to finally just grow up and start taking it seriously. I don't know exactly what happened that made it the right time, but it was. I'm currently using a Libre2 CGM and plan to keep using it for a few more months. At some point I'll probably stop once I'm more confident in what is OK and not OK for me.

Reactions: lucylocket61

LeftPeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Like many in this thread, I haven't tested in ages. I've been in diabetic denial for a while thanks to Covid and some personal issues. I have my A1C test at the end of this month and I'm expecting to be back at diagnosis levels (103) or higher and hopefully it'll help jolt me back into being sensible again.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've a big confession to make.
I haven't pricked a finger since I started this tread 10 weeks ago.

Tonight I've been active on the forums enough to remember why I advocate "eat to your meter".
I can't be a hypocrite since suddenly an Endo tries to remove my diagnosis.
I cant be a cheerleader for life after T2 without bonafides, so I tested.

Test.jpg

So no sign of progressive chronic there, happy out.
Night everyone

Reactions: Speedbird