Good diabetes data logging app for Windows?

Sugar High

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Can anyone recommend a good software application for recording information about diabetes such as blood sugar levels and when medication is taken and food eaten?

Thanks

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just use a spreadsheet. Completely customisable to your needs.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I actually for windows like sidiary as it supports most meters but also many more devices too

Reactions: Sugar High

Sugar High

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
I actually for windows like sidiary as it supports most meters but also many more devices too

That looks like it might work. I'll give the free version a try. Thanks

PS: I just discovered that it claims to support about a million meters, but not mine: OneTouch Verio Flex. I had no idea there were that many meter!

Last edited:

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Most of the meters available now are bluetooth capable, so you can get the data on your phone / tablet. Then you can export the data as a csv file to your windows computer, where you can open it in a office program such as Libre Office etc.

There would not be much need of fiddling about in a basic spreadsheet once set up.

Sugar High

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Most of the meters available now are bluetooth capable, so you can get the data on your phone / tablet. Then you can export the data as a csv file to your windows computer, where you can open it in a office program such as Libre Office etc.

There would not be much need of fiddling about in a basic spreadsheet once set up.

I don't know if mine is bluetooth or not. It does have a small port on the side, smaller than USB. My "smartphone" is so old that I doubt it would work anyway. :( I don't mind entering the data manually.

Thanks

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I don't know if mine is bluetooth or not. It does have a small port on the side, smaller than USB. My "smartphone" is so old that I doubt it would work anyway. :( I don't mind entering the data manually.

Thanks

Your meter is Bluetooth but sidiary uses the cable(I think)

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So do it, but I keep tinkering with it, which takes up a lot of time.
I use Open Office (Excel) which works for me. I log my food intake, my meds, and I do parallel testing (two meters, one drop of blood) and the spreadsheet tracks the differences between the two meters (useful for detecting duff or fake test strips or misreads) and I get averages worked out for me. I also have a section that records significant events like meds change, vaccination etc, and it gives me a weekly average before the event, and then after the event so I can adjust my medication to suit.

I used to draw graphs in color for my GP which helped in the early days, but that was fiddly, so I don't bother now. A quick column scan will show me if I am trending in any direction.

Blackers183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Commercial television
It's your health isn't it worth some time?

Agree however we all have busy lives and it’s worth having tools that are easy to use, a good resource to better manage BGL and not take a lot of time.

Jfb123

I find mySugr quite handy. Lots of flexibility and easy to read reports. Worth a try. I had the free version for a while, then bought the year subscription because u get more out of it. But free version is fine.