What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from a hotel room in Southampton. No idea of the weather. Fbg was 4.6, sleep score 90 and resting pulse 59 so I have escaped so far. Toodle Pip

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
finding it a bit of a challenge to get comfortable with going anywhere you haven't been for a while
@geefull and @gennepher I am also finding it a challenge to get comfortable with going anywhere I haven't been for a while.

There is a lovely pub I used to go to for a coffee and sometimes lovely food when I had a break between Norwich classes. I just haven't felt like going back there.

Probably a lot of other customers felt the same because it has now been taken over by someone else and apparently now has awful food, lots of slot machines and TV screens and is not the relaxing place frequented by oldies like me and young families with children.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. We are hoping it doesn't rain as we are off to Gooderstone water gardens this morning. BBC weather says no rain. Met office says rain. Hopefully the BBC is right.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a not so quiet start today here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of some Thai deliciousness cooked by my daughter in law came in at 5.2 this am

Lots of rain yesterday but managed to dodge quite a bit of it. We did take waterproof coats so no big deal. RNLI surf watch not very busy as hardly anyone on the beach. Today looks better so we will all traipse down there later this morning. Son and family leaving this afternoon to visit maternal grandmother further up into the northern wasteland of Durham.

Art bit - go tell it on the mountain. Have a wonderful day if you can. Double koffy on the brew.

View attachment 50660
Beautiful mono painting @dunelm
I like this style very much.
Thanks for posting these.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

Another pain and lack of sleep induced reading of 7.6 this morning. It's amazing how much small things can upset our readings, but what works for one might not work for another, we are all different. How people that are in constant pain cope I know not. Hats off to you.

My plans for today are on hold and tomorrow's motorcycle ride is going to be cancelled, riding motorbikes and also bicycles relies on you constantly looking around, mirrors just are not good enough. If you can't move your head best stay away from riding.

Have a great day fellow posters, painters and gamers. Stay apart.
I am really sorry you are having to cancel your motorcycle rides @alf_Josiah
I know how uplifting for the soul they must be.
It is unfortunate your neck/head is so stiff.
Hopefully it sorts itself quickly as possible...
Take care Alf

Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@geefull and @gennepher I am also finding it a challenge to get comfortable with going anywhere I haven't been for a while.

There is a lovely pub I used to go to for a coffee and sometimes lovely food when I had a break between Norwich classes. I just haven't felt like going back there.

Probably a lot of other customers felt the same because it has now been taken over by someone else and apparently now has awful food, lots of slot machines and TV screens and is not the relaxing place frequented by oldies like me and young families with children.
So much is changing @Krystyna23040
And it is happening so fast, it is dispiriting...
I like change, but I need some stuff to stay the same...but things seem to be getting worse...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 8.1

Popeye is doing very well now.

I had a bad sleepless night.

And we had another electric power cut last night

My fibromyalgia kicked off to new heights last night and no meds worked, and my skin was itchy as heck. My itchy skin has been really bad this year, and doesn't let up.
Popeye has been the best carer last night. He's been attentive, hasn't left my side. He's followed me to the bathroom and sat and waited then walked back to bedroom with me, then waited until I got back in bed before he jumped back on and then settled on my left side. And got up and came with me each time I tried a med, got a cuppa, put cream on etc etc. For some reason he settled on my left side all night, like he knows something I don't.

And this is a cat who has had several serious heatstrokes this summer, and one a couple of days ago, yet he has enough nowse/nouse (how to spell this?)/empathy to fully understand I am in distress.

My food choices yesterday were good/perfect, so it's not that.

I need to turn this around today, now. But how?

Sun is out. Garden is beautiful and very active. Hundreds of sparrows quarrelling at the feeders (they appear to be flying in flocks with all this year's babies) and these teenage babies are learning social skills starting with squabbling and fighting for attention. Sparrow parents appear to have decided my garden is the nursery, mid school, and high school learning ground. And I appear be in parental locus, along with the goldfinches who also appear to be the security guards as well giving out alarm calls of approaching predators which includes magpies and ravens as well as cats. If the young sparrows can survive the cats, heffalump pigeons, marauding birds, which they have so far, then my garden is an Academy of Excellence.

This photo was taken with my phone from my bed through the open window so I cannot get close enough.

Going out to replace those suet balls.

Take care.

EF26CC58-17D3-4382-B28B-1248CB33838D.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 8.1

Popeye is doing very well now.

I had a bad sleepless night.

And we had another electric power cut last night

My fibromyalgia kicked off to new heights last night and no meds worked, and my skin was itchy as heck. My itchy skin has been really bad this year, and doesn't let up.
Popeye has been the best carer last night. He's been attentive, hasn't left my side. He's followed me to the bathroom and sat and waited then walked back to bedroom with me, then waited until I got back in bed before he jumped back on and then settled on my left side. And got up and came with me each time I tried a med, got a cuppa, put cream on etc etc. For some reason he settled on my left side all night, like he knows something I don't.

And this is a cat who has had several serious heatstrokes this summer, and one a couple of days ago, yet he has enough nowse/nouse (how to spell this?)/empathy to fully understand I am in distress.

My food choices yesterday were good/perfect, so it's not that.

I need to turn this around today, now. But how?

Sun is out. Garden is beautiful and very active. Hundreds of sparrows quarrelling at the feeders (they appear to be flying in flocks with all this year's babies) and these teenage babies are learning social skills starting with squabbling and fighting for attention. Sparrow parents appear to have decided my garden is the nursery, mid school, and high school learning ground. And I appear be in parental locus, along with the goldfinches who also appear to be the security guards as well giving out alarm calls of approaching predators which includes magpies and ravens as well as cats. If the young sparrows can survive the cats, heffalump pigeons, marauding birds, which they have so far, then my garden is an Academy of Excellence.

This photo was taken with my phone from my bed through the open window so I cannot get close enough.

Going out to replace those suet balls.

Take care.

View attachment 50661
Winner for the photo and Popeye hug for the fibromyalgia . As for change, hotels are "challenging" especially lifts and clownshoes at tea/coffee machines. Croissant and latte spook Swipey but still taste so good, so good. Swerved the bagel and salmon - no cream cheese made it much easier. Very, very tempting as the bagels looked different class.

Reactions: jjraak and geefull

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Winner for the photo and Popeye hug for the fibromyalgia . As for change, hotels are "challenging" especially lifts and clownshoes at tea/coffee machines. Croissant and latte spook Swipey but still taste so good, so good. Swerved the bagel and salmon - no cream cheese made it much easier. Very, very tempting as the bagels looked different class.
Thanks @ianpspurs
I would be tempted with a cappuccino, and half a bagel with scrambled eggs and wild salmon on top...and to heck with Swipey....

lindisfel

Expert
John Campbell is trying to get some donated equipment to Africa and he is helping to sponsor a guy who is going round the villages on a bike helping where there are no doctors, with diabetes and high bp etc.
In a recent video there is a young boy, he looks about 6 and is a type one with no glucometer. He has given them a meter that has been donated and is showing them how to use it plus donated insulin etc.
The little boy was over 17 on the meter so his mum was being shown what could be done with Insulin and food.
Its hard to think about all the neglect in the world when young children who have had no life need help like this, when it just happens over here in the Western World.
You can call me a big softie, but I find it quite upsetting.
D

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 today

usual Sunday meal with mum then a village walk afterwards :)

Sausage casserole with lashings of veg :D Lowish carb fruit crumble and my home made custard for mr gee and his mum for afters (crumble - 1 piece of my lc spice cake crumbled together with a small amount of SR flour, some ground almonds and butter, sweetened with truvia/erythritol baked over some garden fruit, - rasps, rhubarb and gooseberries ). Usual lc sponge and greek yoghurt with a few rasps for me :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - splendid mountains, they have real weight in their landscape :) I do enjoy these

@alf_Josiah - shame about the ride but I hope that your neck pain recedes soon and it's only postponed for a short while :)

@gennepher - sending a gentle hug for your fybromyalgia and hope you feel more settled soon, it's good that Popeye is coping better :)

art bit - thank you for your kind comments on my art, I often find the concentration calming :)

upload_2021-8-1_19-43-39.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 today

usual Sunday meal with mum then a village walk afterwards :)

Sausage casserole with lashings of veg :D Lowish carb fruit crumble and my home made custard for mr gee and his mum for afters (crumble - 1 piece of my lc spice cake crumbled together with a small amount of SR flour, some ground almonds and butter, sweetened with truvia/erythritol baked over some garden fruit, - rasps, rhubarb and gooseberries ). Usual lc sponge and greek yoghurt with a few rasps for me :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - splendid mountains, they have real weight in their landscape :) I do enjoy these

@alf_Josiah - shame about the ride but I hope that your neck pain recedes soon and it's only postponed for a short while :)

@gennepher - sending a gentle hug for your fybromyalgia and hope you feel more settled soon, it's good that Popeye is coping better :)

art bit - thank you for your kind comments on my art, I often find the concentration calming :)

View attachment 50671
Thank you @geefull and yes, I also find the concentration calming. A splendid viewpoint from the tree over the inlet from you today. Your Sunday meal sounds lush (as they say down Bristol way).

Reactions: alf_Josiah

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a blissfully quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of roasted pork belly and mountains of sautéed cabbage with some of last years apple sauce mixed through came home at 5.0 this am.

Beach yesterday - buckets and spades, nets and welly boots. High tide was at about 1030 so we headed down to where we knew a bit of beach would still be accessible and played can you outrun the waves, digging holes and fetching water in a bucket, castle stomping and all manner of sand and water related games on a blustery morning. Kids loved it and we left more beach than we found - as the Ninky Nonks explained to each other:
“all the beach was hiding under the water.”
“It’s all wet now, the sun will dry it out.”
“And the birds will be able to walk on it.”
“And dogs.”
“Yes, and dogs, and crocodiles.” (And on it went).

Art bit - Roseberry Topping - a sort of Matterhorn for a model village. Hope anyone with aches and pains have an easier day today. I shall mainly drink koffy.

upload_2021-8-2_7-0-20.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. We didn't in the end go to Gooderstone Water Gardens as it was raining in the morning so we caught up on jobs we had to do.

It is such a lovely feeling to be up to date with the admin and other stuff. It was end of year at end of July and I have only got a couple of hours more work to do to finish my bit of the end of year accounts.

today have got exactly a one hour break in the whole day - from 9am to 9.30pm. When will I ever learn to say the words 'I am sorry there are no available slots'. Hopefully someone will cancel.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What's occurring John? Lifelong memories of beach adventures for @dunelm, Mrs Miggins and the Ninky Nonks :woot:; Admin, years end accounts and being far too kind for @Krystyna23040; hopefully relief from fibromyalgia for @gennepher ; spiffing meme from @karen8967; calming art and good LC food from @geefull. Here in Forest Heath we await No2 Grandson, relief for DIL and ceremonial removal of The Boot. I really CBA to install a sensor last night after returning from S'oton having driven through several seasons on the way. Country route back as no time pressure and I hate the M25. Harry the venerable old RR loves that gallop, Ian really doesn't. Now to make peace (fragile?) with this abode (probably requires more skips, hired hands, full and frank exchanges and long periods of stony silence from me) , autumn/winter LC/P:E food and see what magic, if any, physios/surgeons and or personal trainers can do on my spinal stenosis - safely. Then hunker down for winter and emerge a nicer kinder little boy. Go well folks, avoid clownshoes if possible (some become PM:arghh:). Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who exist on this 3rd rock from the sun.

Many thanks for all the best wishes over the right and left pain in the neck.

A 7.3 this morning, my blood readings are all over the place, just goes to show another facet of how our bodies react.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers, today I might not be able to ride my motorcycle, but I can do a bit of woodworking in my shed, I have 4 shields to make and I made a start yesterday, the things we do for our grandchildren!

Stay apart and enjoy today it is unique.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who exist on this 3rd rock from the sun.

Many thanks for all the best wishes over the right and left pain in the neck.

A 7.3 this morning, my blood readings are all over the place, just goes to show another facet of how our bodies react.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers, today I might not be able to ride my motorcycle, but I can do a bit of woodworking in my shed, I have 4 shields to make and I made a start yesterday, the things we do for our grandchildren!

Stay apart and enjoy today it is unique.
I hope the neck pain eases soon Alf. Enjoy the shield making instead of motorbike riding. The hug is kind but isn't needed. I've asked an even higher power (please keep that to yourself) than either Mrs A J and the Lady in The Boot.:angelic:

Last edited: