tiredness

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Why am I so tired all the time. Admittedly I'm 70 yrs old, but I've never been tired like this.
Can be a lot of things.Have you been to your GP yet to ask for a blood test for all the usual culprits yet?
How is your blood glucose in general?

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Why am I so tired all the time. Admittedly I'm 70 yrs old, but I've never been tired like this.
I am 60 now and although quite active do get tired earlier in the day. Anaemia can cause tiredness I have had this twice Was treated with iron tablets. Maybe discuss with your Doctor - may suggest a blood test.

Reactions: KidDougi
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
All my bloods are within normal limits, same as my blood sugars. Looks like I'll have to live with it the same as my others conditions. Self pity mode day. Thanks for replying.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
All my bloods are within normal limits, same as my blood sugars. Looks like I'll have to live with it the same as my others conditions. Self pity mode day. Thanks for replying.

If your bloods are all good, that is very good. :)

Probably worth chatting to your health care team about it, instead of just accepting it.
Could be something as simple as not getting enough of the right kind of sleep.

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am 60 now and although quite active do get tired earlier in the day. Anaemia can cause tiredness I have had this twice Was treated with iron tablets. Maybe discuss with your Doctor - may suggest a blood test.
I have been low on iron and often tired,,since taking iron together with vitamin C the tiredness is gone.

Reactions: coby

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Did they test your folic acid level? My GP ignored this for years until I was referred to a Neurologist for other stuff and he got me tested.
I still don't have much energy (I also have CFS) but felt better than I'd been for over 3 years.

YvonneV

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Older people can have trouble with vitamin B12 deficiency. The B12 conversion process is quite complicated, and can easily go wrong and more so when you are older. B12 has a lot to do with energy and feeling energetic. Some symptoms (nerve damage, eye problems, etc.) also overlap with diabetes. If you had blood tests, then check the B12 value. If it's in the normal to low range you could still benefit from supplementing that. Some people are more sensitive and feel it already even though, according to the standards, they would not qualify as 'deficient'. If your value is low to normal then get an oral spray and use one bottle meant for 4 months in 2 or 3 days, and see if that gets any results. If it does, then good. If not, then that wasn't it. It will cost you about 15 euro to get one of those spray bottles. Don't worry about overdosing, that's not possible. Any excess will come out when you go to the loo. The reason for using so much is that even a small deficiency will not be fixed with normal doses.

Trevor vP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Older people can have trouble with vitamin B12 deficiency. The B12 conversion process is quite complicated, and can easily go wrong and more so when you are older. B12 has a lot to do with energy and feeling energetic. Some symptoms (nerve damage, eye problems, etc.) also overlap with diabetes. If you had blood tests, then check the B12 value. If it's in the normal to low range you could still benefit from supplementing that. Some people are more sensitive and feel it already even though, according to the standards, they would not qualify as 'deficient'. If your value is low to normal then get an oral spray and use one bottle meant for 4 months in 2 or 3 days, and see if that gets any results. If it does, then good. If not, then that wasn't it. It will cost you about 15 euro to get one of those spray bottles. Don't worry about overdosing, that's not possible. Any excess will come out when you go to the loo. The reason for using so much is that even a small deficiency will not be fixed with normal doses.

Agree 100%, if you have not got your B12 tested get a B12 test, Diabetes can link with other immune system issue for example I found out I had Pernicious Anaemia (Body cannot absorb B12 via digestive system). Also Metformin has some studies done that it can deplete B12 that I have read .

YvonneV

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree 100%, if you have not got your B12 tested get a B12 test, Diabetes can link with other immune system issue for example I found out I had Pernicious Anaemia (Body cannot absorb B12 via digestive system). Also Metformin has some studies done that it can deplete B12 that I have read .

True that. And if it hasn't been tested already, don't take the supplements until you have been tested. You will screw up any results of blood tests if you take the supplements before having the blood tests. Good luck!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
and use one bottle meant for 4 months in 2 or 3 days, and see if that gets any results. If it does, then good. If not, then that wasn't it. It will cost you about 15 euro to get one of those spray bottles. Don't worry about overdosing, that's not possible. Any excess will come out when you go to the loo. The reason for using so much is that even a small deficiency will not be fixed with normal doses.

Hi,

Do you have any reliable links to this statement?

YvonneV

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Do you have any reliable links to this statement?

It is generally known that vitamin B12 has no toxic upper level, and you pee it out if it isn't used. The same as with vitamin C.

The test with the spray is not recommended anywhere. It's just something I did myself to see if flooding my blood with B12 would reduce my symptoms of tirednes, brain fog, lack of concentration, etc. I had a deficiency 10 years ago, and I felt like I had it again, but I've had a hell of a time convincing my doctor about looking into this. So I tried this, and immediately felt the difference. I've now started on B12 injections and things are improving.

Vitamin B12 shortage can build up over a long time, and when you have symptoms it takes a lot to fix the shortage. It's like a sponge that has become dry. You need to flood it at first to get it to all the various places that need it. If you only let drops fall on it here and there, you won't notice any difference. That's why the recommended treatment (in my country at least) starts with 10 injections. And one of those injections is a lot more that a vial of spray.

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did they test your folic acid level? My GP ignored this for years until I was referred to a Neurologist for other stuff and he got me tested.
I still don't have much energy (I also have CFS) but felt better than I'd been for over 3 years.
After regularly complaining to my GP about tiredness and lack of energy he got my full blood count and found that my Lymphocytes level was elevated. I was referred to Haematology dept. at the hospital and they confirmed Lymphocytosis. There is no cure for it except to wait and watch and when the level rises to a certain level it’s classified as Leukaemia when they would start treatment. Your immunity is seriously compromised and you have to take extra care about infections. In the 2 years since diagnosis my lymphocytes have gone up from 5.5 to 9 but the consultant says not to worry until it goes over 30! Apparently people can manage like this for years. Obviously this plus Type1 don’t go too well. I would love to hear from other members living with Lymphocytosis and their experiences. Thank you.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I would love to hear from other members living with Lymphocytosis and their experiences. Thank you.
I think it would help if you started a new thread with your question with lymphocytosis in the thread title.
If we have any members with experience on this, chances are slim they'll simply stumble on your post here.

Good luck!

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think it would help if you started a new thread with your question with lymphocytosis in the thread title.
If we have any members with experience on this, chances are slim they'll simply stumble on your post here.

Good luck!
Good suggestion, thank you.

Reactions: Antje77