What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 at 6AM after an eating day. This had me happily surprised as I had same amount of protein as I have on normal eating day, no reduction of protein intake or anything

Only thing I did different I guess is that when I was making a coconut cream based chicken curry, I used the leftover coconut cream (about 50 ml) to make a cup of coffee which I had while cooking.

tried the Oppo again
What's oppo?

Have a great day everyone. :)

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 at 6AM after an eating day. This had me happily surprised as I had same amount of protein as I have on normal eating day, no reduction of protein intake or anything

Only thing I did different I guess is that when I was making a coconut cream based chicken curry, I used the leftover coconut cream (about 50 ml) to make a cup of coffee which I had while cooking.

What's oppo?

Have a great day everyone. :)
Its Oppo ice cream which is low calorie and contains polyols which I think don’t get counted as carbs. Many on the forum can tolerate it as a low carb treat but not me it seems. Shame as its very nice.

Reactions: DJC3

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Well, this is rubbish....

Had a lousy night, again, but took the opportunity to do the Science:

6.9 @ 2:34; 7.4 @ 3:49; 8.0 @ 7:14

This is not the food, this is my stoopid Endocrine system aided and abetted by Diabetes.

Question: Will my continuing flirtatious relationship with the 6 > 8 range be causing me long-term medical issues? Yes, I know normal is 4.5 > 5.5, but during my prolonged pursuit for lower numbers be leaving me at risk?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 no idea why I’m back in the sixes. ho hum, here we go again.
@Estragon hugs. I don’t know the answer to your question but it seems to me that the pursuit of normal numbers is all we have available to us. Have you tried fasting? Works for some ( I’ve tried but it made me miserable)