What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
NHS Cymru are trying to offer me my second dose of the COVID-19 vaccination for yet a second time.

I had my second jab a few weeks ago and the nurse assured me I was on the Computer system this time, but apparently I am still not registered on the computer system as having both the first and second Covid-19 vaccination.

I give up...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
NHS Cymru are trying to offer me my second dose of the COVID-19 vaccination for yet a second time.

I had my second jab a few weeks ago and the nurse assured me I was on the Computer system this time, but apparently I am still not registered on the computer system as having both the first and second Covid-19 vaccination.

I give up...

I have been online on the NHS app, had to jump through all kinds of hoops this last hour. I am not registered as having either COVID-19 vaccine 1 NOR COVID-19 vaccine 2

My words are not printable...not in this thread...
AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been online on the NHS app, had to jump through all kinds of hoops this last hour. I am not registered as having either COVID-19 vaccine 1 NOR COVID-19 vaccine 2

My words are not printable...not in this thread...
AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

This whole thing is sending me round and round in endless perpetual circles with no way off the Merry Go Round...

How $¥€§&£*%#¿ stupid.

Two options as far as I can see.
1) Go to my non-existent GP surgery and have a word with a receptionist of the non-existing doctors there.
2) Turn up for my second COVID-19 jab for a second time (I have already had it) and tell them.

Anyone have any other ideas?

I do have my vaccination card for both jabs, which I am now going to photocopy multiple times.
But they ripped up my first vaccination card (because the said I didn't need that as they were writing me a new card with both jabs on and they assured me I was on the computer system) which had the details and 1st vaccination number on. (But you can bet your life I photocopied and photographed it a few times before I went in for the second jab).

Now, where's that G&T with lemon and ice....
And where is that mountain where I can scream at the top of my voice...

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
@gennepher

You have my full sympathy, but me and me's cannot offer any sensible suggestions apart from change your non existence gp's.to a dr populated practice.

Take care.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher

You have my full sympathy, but me and me's cannot offer any sensible suggestions apart from change your non existence gp's.to a dr populated practice.

Take care.

Thanks Alf.
But I am afraid all the GP practises round here , for quite some miles, are now doctorless surgeries @alf_Josiah
So alas no to that idea...
I had already been looking.
They take patients from a designated area.

EDIT: This is from the NHS on 27 July 2021 on my so called GP practice.

"Update on measures we are taking to improve access to appointments at ______________ (my GP practice)

From Rob Smith – Area Director (East).
I understand how frustrated and concerned many patients are at the current situation and I would like to thank them for their patience and understanding as we work to improve the situation.
We have no plans to close the practice, and we are taking a range of actions to improve the service.
These include upgrades to telephone and clinical computer systems, intensive efforts to recruit GPs and Advanced Nurse Practitioners, and extending the availability of Urgent Primary Care Centres at Mold and Wrexham.

Upgrades to the telephone and clinical computer system
The practice is currently using an outdated telephone and computer system which makes it difficult to attract locum doctors, receive remote support from neighbouring practices, and manage call volumes from patients...
We are also working to upgrade the clinical computer system to the more widely used EMIS service. Using this more recognised clinical computer system will make it easier to attract locum doctors to work at the surgery.
Mold Minor Injuries Unit and Wrexham Maelor Hospital are continuing to alleviate pressure on GP surgeries across Flintshire and Wrexham, including _______(my practice)"

And so this information goes on. It has been like this, a doctorless surgery, and going on since 2019. All these empty promises from the NHS the last 3years. Other GP surgeries in this area have exactly the same problem. And they are GP less.

There is no GP practice in this area to move to from this at this time.

It feels completely hopeless.

Recently I had to use e-consult (online), I had a problem which pharmacist couldn't help with, so I was advised to use e-consult online, which was a nightmare to navigate. I had to go to one hospital 7 miles away for a nurse to assess me (there are now no doctors at this particular hospital and it is nurse led), and then was sent to another one 16 miles away, where I saw an actual doctor and got antibiotics for my problem. If I didn't drive and have a car I would have been totally stuck to access NHS so called medical services, which the local GP practice in my town should have provided.

I have written to the local MP.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 today

spent part of the day at mum's, mr gee and I chopped up some small logs from some tree trimmings that we had left lying to dry :) We bonfired the small trimmings and filled two trugs with small logs for Mum to put in her woodburner ;)

We've picked up her shopping list ready for the weekly trip tomorrow too, we will have to take the little cool box because she wants ice-cream ;)

Add me to the list of mentally 17 year old old boots :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - lovely plum blossom and a charming idea for a birthday card :) Many Happy Returns to your Mum :joyful:

@gennepher - your flying sparrows have worked out nicely and Popeye looks very content :) What a
shame, all that extra stress caused by just trying to access health services :sorry:

art bit -

upload_2021-8-3_20-4-9.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.5 today

spent part of the day at mum's, mr gee and I chopped up some small logs from some tree trimmings that we had left lying to dry :) We bonfired the small trimmings and filled two trugs with small logs for Mum to put in her woodburner ;)

We've picked up her shopping list ready for the weekly trip tomorrow too, we will have to take the little cool box because she wants ice-cream ;)

Add me to the list of mentally 17 year old old boots :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - lovely plum blossom and a charming idea for a birthday card :) Many Happy Returns to your Mum :joyful:

@gennepher - your flying sparrows have worked out nicely and Popeye looks very content :) What a
shame, all that extra stress caused by just trying to access health services :sorry:

art bit -

View attachment 50694

Thanks @geefull

I think I will take up folk medicine, learn homeopathy, and herbs. That must be better than what we have here.

A great seascape with the light catching on the the water.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.9
I didn't overeat. I ate all the correct foods for me. All day I wanted a buttercream carrot cake with frosted icing, to eat the whole thing to myself. But I didn't.

So, last night for about 6 hours I was researching online on the Welsh Government site, to correct your vaccination details on the NHS app. Basically it is useless. You cannot get hold of a person to do this. What you have to do is go to your GP Surgery, have a word in your GP's shell-like, and your GP says 'oh, no problem, I'll tap a few keys and hey presto you will be on the NHS system'. I also managed to access on the Government site on 'Instructions to GP's', which even went as far as telling the GP how to exactly address and exactly write to the patient in a ton of different matters on COVID-19 and the vaccination. My problem is I don't have a GP but a poorly abominably run doctorless GP Surgery by the so called NHS. So, I Google online for the practice manager. Got Practice Manager's email.

I then come across my MP again in connection with my poorly run GP surgery. There is a dedicated email just for problems with my GP surgery. And there is a pile of horror stories there of all the problems people have with my GP surgery. Some people cannot get the surgery to sign a prescription, so have been without for weeks because there is no Pooled doctor (is what they call locums at my GP surgery) to sign the prescriptions. Even locums won't deign to attend my GP surgery. There are loads more stories which my my MP is collecting, and he got mine in an email last night.

So, an email to my practice manager today with an attachment of proof of my Covid vaccination details.

I also came across some online neighbourhood sites where people are asking why they cannot access their doctors at their surgeries (different surgeries to mine in this area) and they are told to go to the injury unit at Mold or go to Wrexham, and also saying their surgeries won't give out repeat prescriptions any more, and they don't know how to get them. Not everyone has a car, and taxi fares to do that would be well over £100. So, basic NHS care is out of reach of many in this area. And an older person with no computer understanding is left completely behind, with no medical care.

By the way I scanned the front page of the vaccination record just out of interested, actually I was photographing it for my record and Google asks me if I want to scan the text. I am thinking what for. But I let Google scan the text. Google says wait a second and then says 'a nurse from my GP practice who saw me in 2016 (my name is on this information) now works for a cancer unit in Sefton authority (Liverpool), and I am like "What?¿?" How the heck did google come up with that? There was a 240 page PDF on this and I downloaded so I could skim through it later. So just on my name and date of birth on the front of the vaccination card, no other details, Google surmises the name of my GP practice and a nurse I had seen there, and where she works now...

I looked at a couple more things on this and I did not like this rabbit hole.

I tried again logging into the NHS, to find my Covid-19 details and I went through all it would let me, which was very little. I had to open an account, and that was lengthy. I don't know what you in England had to do to open your accounts, but it insisted I had to prove I was me. Which meant answering questions, and then they needed to see a photo ID of me, which was my driving licence. I had to scan it and send it to them. Then it said it needed further photo evidence I was me. It gave me 3 options I had to choose from. None of them quite fitted a deaf person who cannot hear/make out her own voice. There is an assumption all deaf people know BSL (British Sign Language) but I don't know it. I wasn't allowed to sign as a child and I have never mixed with deaf people.

So I had to go with the hearing option. Video on and I have to say 1,2,3,4. Then the next page says we are playing this back to you, and please say if this looks like you, and also say if you can hear yourself saying 1,2,3,4 clearly. Well, it looked like me because I had just made that video. But can I hear my voice speaking back to me? Well the honest answer is 'No' because I am deaf, but I could lipread me saying 1,2,3,4. So I ticked the 'Yes' box.

Next page says we will let you know within a week if you are indeed you.

I have lost the will to live more than I have ever done in my life.

And to add insult to injury to top of my bleach bottle would not open in my arthritic hands so I had to stab the side of the top if the bleach bottle to get the bleach out. And then my coffee. The glass coffee jar refused point blank to open, it has a glass lid as well. I didn't think a hammer would work well with that...

So I started up my ice maker...

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.9
I didn't overeat. I ate all the correct foods for me. All day I wanted a buttercream carrot cake with frosted icing, to eat the whole thing to myself. But I didn't.

So, last night for about 6 hours I was researching online on the Welsh Government site, to correct your vaccination details on the NHS app. Basically it is useless. You cannot get hold of a person to do this. What you have to do is go to your GP Surgery, have a word in your GP's shell-like, and your GP says 'oh, no problem, I'll tap a few keys and hey presto you will be on the NHS system'. I also managed to access on the Government site on 'Instructions to GP's', which even went as far as telling the GP how to exactly address and exactly write to the patient in a ton of different matters on COVID-19 and the vaccination. My problem is I don't have a GP but a poorly abominably run doctorless GP Surgery by the so called NHS. So, I Google online for the practice manager. Got Practice Manager's email.

I then come across my MP again in connection with my poorly run GP surgery. There is a dedicated email just for problems with my GP surgery. And there is a pile of horror stories there of all the problems people have with my GP surgery. Some people cannot get the surgery to sign a prescription, so have been without for weeks because there is no Pooled doctor (is what they call locums at my GP surgery) to sign the prescriptions. Even locums won't deign to attend my GP surgery. There are loads more stories which my my MP is collecting, and he got mine in an email last night.

So, an email to my practice manager today with an attachment of proof of my Covid vaccination details.

I also came across some online neighbourhood sites where people are asking why they cannot access their doctors at their surgeries (different surgeries to mine in this area) and they are told to go to the injury unit at Mold or go to Wrexham, and also saying their surgeries won't give out repeat prescriptions any more, and they don't know how to get them. Not everyone has a car, and taxi fares to do that would be well over £100. So, basic NHS care is out of reach of many in this area. And an older person with no computer understanding is left completely behind, with no medical care.

By the way I scanned the front page of the vaccination record just out of interested, actually I was photographing it for my record and Google asks me if I want to scan the text. I am thinking what for. But I let Google scan the text. Google says wait a second and then says 'a nurse from my GP practice who saw me in 2016 (my name is on this information) now works for a cancer unit in Sefton authority (Liverpool), and I am like "What?¿?" How the heck did google come up with that? There was a 240 page PDF on this and I downloaded so I could skim through it later. So just on my name and date of birth on the front of the vaccination card, no other details, Google surmises the name of my GP practice and a nurse I had seen there, and where she works now...

I tried again logging into the NHS, to find my Covid-19 details and I went through all it would let me, which was very little. I had to open an account, and that was lengthy. I don't know what you in England had to do to open your accounts, but it insisted I had to prove I was me. Which meant answering questions, and then they needed to see a photo ID of me, which was my driving licence. I had to scan it and send it to them. Then it said it needed further photo evidence I was me. It gave me 3 options I had to choose from. None of them quite fitted a deaf person who cannot hear/make out her own voice. There is an assumption all deaf people know BSL (British Sign Language) but I don't know it. I wasn't allowed to sign as a child and I have never mixed with deaf people.

So I had to go with the hearing option. Video on and I have to say 1,2,3,4. Then the next page says we are playing this back to you, and please say if this looks like you, and also say if you can hear yourself saying 1,2,3,4 clearly. Well, it looked like me because I had just made that video. But can I hear my voice speaking back to me? Well the honest answer is 'No' because I am deaf, but I could lipread me saying 1,2,3,4. So I ticked the 'Yes' box.

And to add insult to injury to top of my bleach bottle would not open in my arthritic hands so I had to stab the side of the top if the bleach bottle to get the bleach out. And then my coffee. The glass coffee jar refused point blank to open, it has a glass lid as well. I didn't think a hammer would work well with that...

This is all absolutely awful @gennepher. Really awful.

Words fail me. Actually they didn't but I have just had to delete the rest of my post as it definitely would have got me banned from this forum.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Feeling a bit tired. When I woke up this morning I thought it was Friday. I must be more tired than I though I was.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is all absolutely awful @gennepher. Really awful.

Words fail me. Actually they didn't but I have just had to delete the rest of my post as it definitely would have got me banned from this forum.
Thanks @Krystyna23040
I am currently trying to fire up my positive brain cells, which appear to have completely deserted me...

I gave you a hug for your Fbg post just now, but you also need a winner.
Take care. You do work hard.

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen on this a national bin day.

A self inflected 8.2 on that meter etc etc etc.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers the sun is shinning here in Tilehurst Towers, the koffy cup is empty, an omission soon to be rectified.

Mr Plumber came yesterday and sorted out the minor problems, but moving the radiator will have to wait. Mrs J is happy she can now immerse herself in her bath and the power shower is now power showering hot water, the pump had finally given up.....for the technical amongst you the bearings on the hot side impeller had worn out.
I managed to get a little woodworking in starting to make the round shields for the grandchildren. 440mm in diameter.

Today features a plinky plonky lesson, assembling the shields from the other day and generally getting on with life.

Now the need for koffy is great, therefore stay apart, thereby staying safe and have a good as day as you possibly can.

@gennepher
Again your tenacity is of Olympic gold medal standard, best wishes in your endeavours.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone and happy International Bin Day from yet another propellers in a clear blue sky here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of something made out of bacon, onion, tomatoes and shredded cabbage came in at 4.8 this am

Thank you for your birthday wishes for my mother. Haven’t seen my parents for nearly two years now so thank goodness for zoom. Mum will happily chat for a good 15 minutes but dad - waves, says ‘hello’ - there you go. Another bonus is that my sister now lives but a few minutes walk away from them. Sorry you are having such angst with not the NHS @gennepher - will your MP be able to do anything one wonders - or perhaps the MP surgery doesn’t in fact include an MP? Smashing sea scape @geefull loads of light.

Youngest granddaughter over yesterday. Such fun but not much art so another sketch of Rosebery Topping. Have a fabulous day if you can, drink koffy, put your feet up.

upload_2021-8-4_7-55-29.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. No Swipey but a new grandson who should be about old enough for skateboarding by Paris Ho,ho, ho lympics. Wonderful seascape @geefull; spiffing Roseberry Topping piece @dunelm; congratulations on the power shower being restored @alf_Josiah. Hug for all those whose body sometimes reminds them they are no longer 17 @Krystyna23040. I'm not sure how anyone deals with the farce over your vaccination record and doctorless practice @gennepher. Seems as though the new Golden Age is among the failed deliveries now plaguing these shores. Who is hoarding washing soda and salad - very niche.?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen on this a national bin day.

A self inflected 8.2 on that meter etc etc etc.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers the sun is shinning here in Tilehurst Towers, the koffy cup is empty, an omission soon to be rectified.

Mr Plumber came yesterday and sorted out the minor problems, but moving the radiator will have to wait. Mrs J is happy she can now immerse herself in her bath and the power shower is now power showering hot water, the pump had finally given up.....for the technical amongst you the bearings on the hot side impeller had worn out.
I managed to get a little woodworking in starting to make the round shields for the grandchildren. 440mm in diameter.

Today features a plinky plonky lesson, assembling the shields from the other day and generally getting on with life.

Now the need for koffy is great, therefore stay apart, thereby staying safe and have a good as day as you possibly can.

@gennepher
Again your tenacity is of Olympic gold medal standard, best wishes in your endeavours.
Thanks @alf_Josiah
I will get somewhere with this, but where exactly remains to be seen, because goalposts keep changing...

I am glad Mrs J has all the hot water she needs to keep her happy.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone and happy International Bin Day from yet another propellers in a clear blue sky here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of something made out of bacon, onion, tomatoes and shredded cabbage came in at 4.8 this am

Thank you for your birthday wishes for my mother. Haven’t seen my parents for nearly two years now so thank goodness for zoom. Mum will happily chat for a good 15 minutes but dad - waves, says ‘hello’ - there you go. Another bonus is that my sister now lives but a few minutes walk away from them. Sorry you are having such angst with not the NHS @gennepher - will your MP be able to do anything one wonders - or perhaps the MP surgery doesn’t in fact include an MP? Smashing sea scape @geefull loads of light.

Youngest granddaughter over yesterday. Such fun but not much art so another sketch of Rosebery Topping. Have a fabulous day if you can, drink koffy, put your feet up.

View attachment 50698
A great sketch from you @dunelm
I really love these.

Thanks. Well the MP is there as a photograph, but the people who answer my emails all go by the name of Rachel. So I think one office of secretary Rachels = one MP.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.9

OMG

What a nightmare, @gennepher

And how creepy was the nurse link from that scan .:watching:.

Best wishes progress IS made.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. No Swipey but a new grandson who should be about old enough for skateboarding by Paris Ho,ho, ho lympics. Wonderful seascape @geefull; spiffing Roseberry Topping piece @dunelm; congratulations on the power shower being restored @alf_Josiah. Hug for all those whose body sometimes reminds them they are no longer 17 @Krystyna23040. I'm not sure how anyone deals with the farce over your vaccination record and doctorless practice @gennepher. Seems as though the new Golden Age is among the failed deliveries now plaguing these shores. Who is hoarding washing soda and salad - very niche.?
Hi @ianpspurs
I have no idea either. I have no idea if this is solvable. I guess it isn't.
But my strategy, even from being a profoundly deaf child being unable to speak then, was/is to find something I can do in that situation even if it appears counter-intuitive, because by doing something, then the chink in the armour (so to speak) can be widened until there is something I can grasp on if that makes sense.
Thanks
Have a good day Ian.

Reactions: alf_Josiah