What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OMG

What a nightmare, @gennepher

And how creepy was the nurse link from that scan .:watching:.

Best wishes progress IS made.

Thanks @jjraak

I was that creeped out from that nurse link from the scan that I froze completely for a few minutes...

Progress will be made. What progress may be another matter, but something will happen....

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
All nurse led practices are supposed to have immediate reference to a remote GP with the expertise to give over the phone advice to the nurse. That is the only way they get away with it.

How many cancers get missed and subsequent deaths occur is any bodies guess?
I reckon it must be an extension of triage if one were to put it crudely.

The local hospital does it, whilst I can I would much sooner go all the way to Newcastle.

D.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @ianpspurs
I have no idea either. I have no idea if this is solvable. I guess it isn't.
But my strategy, even from being a profoundly deaf child being unable to speak then, was/is to find something I can do in that situation even if it appears counter-intuitive, because by doing something, then the chink in the armour (so to speak) can be widened until there is something I can grasp on if that makes sense.
Thanks
Have a good day Ian.
If anyone can @gennepher can. Is your area very remote or "challenging?" The GP recruitment issue is somewhat puzzling.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If anyone can @gennepher can. Is your area very remote or "challenging?" The GP recruitment issue is somewhat puzzling.

That was why @ianpspurs I copied and pasted that NHS statement on the GP etc issue, because I have told many people the last few years, and I am pretty certain many have not believed me, and certainly not over the doctorless surgery. It has been like I have been hitting my head against a brick wall trying to get people to listen what is going on in my surgery, and in others' surgeries. All I got what everyone has a right/is entitled to a GP. Rights and entitlement to something doesn't mean you can get them.

My area is not even remotely remote, nor challenging (as far as I know). I won't say my exact town name, but it is about 8 miles from Chester, in Wales. So just over the border from England. The area is called Deeside, and according to Wiki

"Deeside is the name given to a predominantly industrial conurbation of towns and villages in Flintshire and Cheshire on the Wales-England border lying on the canalised stretch of the River Dee that flows from neighbouring Chester into the Dee Estuary."

There is all kinds of industry here. I can see the steelworks from my bungalow. I can see the Oakenholt Paper Mill, I can see other industry, I can see the power station that produces electricity and all the pylons from it. The Flintshire Bridge runs by the Power Station. Then not far another way there is the cement works. Airbus is less than 5 miles from me, Hawarden Airport. Then there is all kinds of housing, from old terraced houses from when my town was a a busy port with a thriving ship-building industry in late Victorian times, to more modern housing over the years.

Deeside is an industrial conurbation of 50,000 in 2014. I cannot find more recent figures.

So we are not remote, we are highly industrialised and we are quite highly populated.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert

Not puzzling Ian,
GPs are c.10 years in the making after school. They have to be part funded by Government and University fees wont pay it all by a long way.

Who cut the Health Service funding and didnt increase Medical school funding before Doris?

Not all doctors want to be GPs, the pressure is tremendous.
Of course they are reasonably well paid but they all want a life as well nowadays.

It was mad when my daughter trained, the hours in a week on duty during their hospital work were ridiculously long.

D.

lindisfel

Expert
That was why @ianpspurs I copied and pasted that NHS statement on the GP etc issue, because I have told many people the last few years, and I am pretty certain many have not believed me, and certainly not over the doctorless surgery. It has been like I have been hitting my head against a brick wall trying to get people to listen what is going on in my surgery, and in others' surgeries. All I got what everyone has a right/is entitled to a GP. Rights and entitlement to something doesn't mean you can get them.

My area is not even remotely remote, nor challenging (as far as I know). I won't say my exact town name, but it is about 8 miles from Chester, in Wales. So just over the border from England. The area is called Deeside, and according to Wiki

"Deeside is the name given to a predominantly industrial conurbation of towns and villages in Flintshire and Cheshire on the Wales-England border lying on the canalised stretch of the River Dee that flows from neighbouring Chester into the Dee Estuary."

There is all kinds of industry here. I can see the steelworks from my bungalow. I can see the Oakenholt Paper Mill, I can see other industry, I can see the power station that produces electricity and all the pylons from it. The Flintshire Bridge runs by the Power Station. Then not far another way there is the cement works. Airbus is less than 5 miles from me, Hawarden Airport. Then there is all kinds of housing, from old terraced houses from when my town was a a busy port with a thriving ship-building industry in late Victorian towns, to more modern housing over the years.

Deeside is an industrial conurbation of 50,000 in 2014. I cannot find more recent figures.

So we are not remote, we are highly industrialised and we are quite highly populated.

Many a holiday we've crossed the Wirral, gone over Queensferry and gone up into the Welsh hills to Bala as the next toilet stop on our way to Cardigan bay and Newgale in Pembrokeshire. Great hols when the family was young.
I remember your bit well.

D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Many a holiday we've crossed the Wirral, gone over Queensferry and gone up into the Welsh hills to Bala as the next toilet stop on our way to Cardigan bay and Newgale in Pembrokeshire. Great hols when the family was young.
I remember your bit well.

D.
@lindisfel I love the Blue Bridge, the bascule bridge in Queensferry. I remember that from being a small child, and RAF Sealand, which was still active when I was a child, but defence cuts meant it was sold off for housing and industrial units mid 2000's. There was a spitfire gate guardian then, as well as the sentries who I am sure carried rifles back then.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am not in a mood for much today. Just taken one photo of his Lordship who is patrolling the garden. And all I want to do now is sleep...

A32EE32D-3C23-47CD-8B49-1AF1E866C3F8.jpeg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 today

shopping day, out we went early to pick up the stuff, took Mum's share over to her ( ice cream included) and she informed us that mr gee's cousin phoned this morning and he and his wife are coming to stay with her on Sunday for a few days :banghead: now we need another shopping list :hilarious:

At least the emptying of the general rubbish (aka 'stinky') bin went to schedule :D

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - zoom must be a boon with your parents living so far away :) I'm enjoying your sketches of Roseberry Topping, they have such a nice sense of distance :)

@gennepher - I remember the spitfire gate guardian too :)
I'm sending a gold star for your grit and a big hug for the miserable circumstances, I hope you can move things forward :) Popeye is definitely a handsome older gent and that's a nice portrait of him today ;)

art bit - another abstract landscape inspired by the works of Robert Roth :) I like the way he simplifies and uses colour. I think it will do me good to use a more varied colour palette sometimes.

Painted on Bockingford CP paper, I know it's not cotton paper but I do like the way it handles

upload_2021-8-4_20-40-3.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.5 today

shopping day, out we went early to pick up the stuff, took Mum's share over to her ( ice cream included) and she informed us that mr gee's cousin phoned this morning and he and his wife are coming to stay with her on Sunday for a few days :banghead: now we need another shopping list :hilarious:

At least the emptying of the general rubbish (aka 'stinky') bin went to schedule :D

@dunelm - zoom must be a boon with your parents living so far away :) I'm enjoying your sketches of Roseberry Topping, they have such a nice sense of distance :)

I'm sending a gold star for your grit and a big hug for the miserable circumstances, I hope you can move things forward :) Popeye is definitely a handsome older gent and that's a nice portrait of him today ;)

art bit - another abstract landscape inspired by the works of Robert Roth :) I like the way he simplifies and uses colour. I think it will do me good to use a more varied colour palette sometimes.

Painted on Bockingford CP paper, I know it's not cotton paper but I do like the way it handles

View attachment 50707

Thanks @geefull
I will do my best. And thanks for the gold star!
Popeye says Meeeooow!

I like Bockingford too :)
And I like this abstract landscape very much.
Trying different colours is a good exercise.
Brilliant!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello FBG FC

Still riding those 6's

Been busy of late, work / life / family, but caught up with all post ( I hope)

Belated birthday wishes @dunelm for mum,
So get the video call dad....mum would chat forever, dad was more like yours .

Hug for the neck @alf_Josiah , hope it's improving.

And ignore @ianpspurs ..pretty sure you aren't the cause of the timber shortage. :hilarious:

Outrageous stuff @gennepher , as said

I hint of our future, sadly.

Enjoying the paintings @geefull

Awake at silly o'clock

Mind whirring

Interesting week

Sunday: scooter handling oddly, should have checked tyre pressure, but it's a shortish commute & back :rolleyes:

Anyway, riding home handling abysmal,..yep deflating tyre

Get to petrol station hoping to inflate enough to get it home to arrange fix

Aghh air pump doesn't fit rear valve :banghead:

Lost what little air was left :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Cue asking others if they have pump in car boot.
Lots of help & advise..but no joy
(My pump fits, hence surprise at garage )

Simple choice
Park up, rough part of town, hope it's all there next day.
Or somehow get it home

Got it home...eventually :rolleyes:

Too late/too tired to sort.
Motorbike at friends, car lent to nephew for staycation south coast
Piaggio, ignored, unloved and won't start :sorry:

So it's the Covid express to work

2 tubes, one overground
Get connections, it's 30 odd mins
Miss and it's an hour plus

Most masked, most distancing.:)

Matey who decided to sit one next to me, on a train with plenty of free seat, ...couldn't handle wearing a mask...ok.
But the almost shouting down the phone .not ok :bag:

Rude or not, I had to move.
He got a lot quieter . coincidence..who knows

Today;
Tackle scooter
Anti puncture goop, gets tyre successfully inflated, plan is to book into garage for repair/ new tyre .

Decide Piaggio needs a little TLC

Get it running,. Take for spin

Forgot how much I enjoy how it feels & handles
Honda is like a super fast bar stool.
Piaggio feels more like a goldwing in comparison.

Think I'll purchase the company COC sheet that qualifies it under the ULEZ scheme, so I can keep using it .

To charge battery and check all works ok, a quick circuit of the block/s

First circuit....
Amazon van in front of me as we approach junction

At junction, friver Puts van in reverse...and keeps coming ,.........at pace :wideyed:

Unable to move out of way in time .
He collides with me.

Cue shouts, scraping of bike under van, heated discussion with driver .#*****

Calm returns,

scrapes.. a few, nothing seemingly broken and nothing that can't be fixed reasonably easily,
So I thought

Oil spilled on floor and dribbling from bike...mmhh

Particulars exchanged.
Scooter starts and rides ok

However, airbox, now dripping oil :wideyed:
First thought was it just over flowed
Now concerned crack in casing behind it :arghh:

Will have to look at some point soon

Hope I'm wrong, cos then it's onto insurance etc & possible write off :rolleyes:

Insurance companies..mmhh

Many years back, I Followed a car out as it cleared a junction, only for them to realise they wanted left turn rather then straight on , so of course they simply reversed, into me.

No cams back then (and none today obv :rolleyes:)

Insurance made it 50/50 because they lied ..ho hum

And the wide awake ..?
Laurens face when I told her :wideyed:

It was a simple thing, no one hurt, but her shocked face ..:sorry:
(Tip to self. Next time stay stumm.)

Then add in she had bad headache tonight, sore throat feels like a cold coming ..:watching:
Now I'm awake, throat sore, feels like a cold coming. LFT incoming at dawn..

Of course we still all gets colds etc. But it does set you on edge with the worry.

Enjoy the coming day.:)

I'm off to catch up on some zzz's ;)

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

4.5 today

View attachment 50707
Thank you @geefull and yes, using zoom has been good keeping families in touch, Ah! Shopping lists, I always make a list - and tend to stick to it. Wonderful abstract landscape from you, great colours in there.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello FBG FC

Still riding those 6's

And ignore @ianpspurs ..pretty sure you aren't the cause of the timber shortage. :hilarious:

Awake at silly o'clock

Mind whirring

Interesting week

Sunday: scooter handling oddly, should have checked tyre pressure, but it's a shortish commute & back :rolleyes:

Simple choice
Or somehow get it home

2 tubes, one overground

Matey who decided to sit one next to me, on a train with plenty of free seat, ...couldn't handle wearing a mask...ok.

Today;
Tackle scooter
Anti puncture goop, gets tyre successfully inflated, plan is to book into garage for repair/ new tyre .

Think I'll purchase the company COC sheet that qualifies it under the ULEZ scheme, so I can keep using it .

First circuit....

At junction, friver Puts van in reverse...and keeps coming ,.........at pace :wideyed:

He collides with me.

Calm returns,

scrapes.. a few, nothing seemingly broken and nothing that can't be fixed reasonably easily,
So I thought

Particulars exchanged.

Hope I'm wrong, cos then it's onto insurance etc & possible write off :rolleyes:

Many years back, I Followed a car out as it cleared a junction, only for them to realise they wanted left turn rather then straight on , so of course they simply reversed, into me.

And the wide awake ..?

Then add in she had bad headache tonight, sore throat feels like a cold coming ..:watching:

Of course we still all gets colds etc. But it does set you on edge with the worry.

Glad you are OK after the reversing incident - yep, they lie, dash cam on scooter/bike?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello FBG FC

Still riding those 6's

Awake at silly o'clock

Mind whirring

Interesting week

Simple choice
Or somehow get it home

2 tubes, one overground

Today;
Tackle scooter

First circuit....

He collides with me.

Calm returns,

So I thought

Particulars exchanged.

And the wide awake ..?

Oh blinking heck @jjraak
Lots of gentle hugs
Poor bike
Poor you
All the gentle hugs I can send...

By the way I don't get colds any more, not since I had the cochlear implant in 2008. Before I had the implant I had plenty of colds. But the hospital gave me a series of injections before I had the implant, in order to protect it. I asked the nurse what the injections were for, and she said it is to stop you getting colds to protect the implant. J was with me then, and I said afterwards what did that nurse say? And J said the injections were so you didn't get any more colds. So he corroborated what I had lipread from the nurse. Some time later I saw one of the cochlear team, and I asked if the injections prevented colds. Of course not she said, you misunderstood. J who was behind her raised his eyebrows, he knew what the nurse had said when she gave me the injections...

But I have not had a cold, nor flu since 2008, so for 13 years cold and flu free.

Consequently I cannot even remotely imagine what you or Lauren must be feeling (thinking is this Covid etc) when you get a cold beginning, or get a cold. That would really send me spiralling down.

So all the hugs and good wishes I can send you.

Take care.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning. Early dog walk as they have to be at the dog groomers at 9am. Archie loves a 'wash and brush-up ' but Poppy is not so keen.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another day on the spinning ball of randomness here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of home made low carb bread bacon and cheese toastie with an egg on top came in at 5.4 this am.

A pleasant walk through the park and then along the beach yesterday in the sunshine, late breakfast in a cafe overlooking the sea and then a bit of shopping. Grandson came over in the afternoon - staying over. He has county football matches - yesterday and today - some sort of tournament.

Art bit - fantasy on Roseberry Topping. Hope you all have a great day. Koffy time.

upload_2021-8-5_7-32-33.jpeg