Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
I want to know.

Jo123

Under 90 but that includes everything, I eat lots of above ground veg and salads which bump up the carbs considerably. I eat no obvious carbs like flour, potatoes, pasta etc.
I was pre diabetic in 2009 and have remained with normal hba1c's ever since, but my response to glucose is still impaired, I'm not cured.

Reactions: Pasha

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Why do you want to know?

I think I eat somewhere between 50 and 150 grams of carbs a day, usually closer to the lower end of this range.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Same as Antje ^^^^

Reactions: Antje77

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Less than 30g per meal . No snacks.
Unless its Friday when I don't count...
Type 1 so the former makes my dosing and management much easier.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I want to know.

Was this aimed at any particular type of diabetes, you may find there is a big difference between people here.

For instance I know I've seen some going very low carb at less than 20 carbs a day, whereas myself (I am a Type 1) I have 100-200 dependent on what I feel like at the time and just make sure I dose for it

Reactions: EllieM

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Its not just carbohydrates, too much protein can also bump up you BG values, although to a lesser extent So that the answer is not so simple.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Differs from day to day if I want it I eat it and adjust my insulin to keep my bs within range , I love mash potatoes but don’t eat them every day , I don’t really worry about carbs , as my weight is stable and H b1ac is fine

Reactions: KK123

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Between 100-200g per day, depending on my exercise window.
I find a dog walk after my heaviest carb meal kills any spike no matter how many carbs.

Reactions: LaoDan

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I keep under 150 gram carbs per day, my GP and CDE is happy with what I the way I am eating, so I am happy. Plenty of meat, dairy, veggies, and small portions of fruit all feature in my food lists / menu.

I have been off metformin for a couple of years, so things are working out ok for me as a T2 diabetic.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Gyms are closed here, so currently under 20. When gyms are open, probably around 75

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
It averages around 60 a day.

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
I have success with a DT2 patient to keep his BG level normal with 60g to 100g carb per day depending on his physical activity levels. I have a relative coming to me lately because he was newly diagnosed with DT2.
I just want to see more real life example here. From the postings, it seems like there is a trend for those that are well controlled here that mirror with what I recommend.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
How much protein do you think is "too much" though?
It matters little what I think,but rather the blood glucose readings. After all, thats what counts in the end. I tried the carnivore diet with great expectations and found that it did not work well for me.
My present BG readings suggest that I need to keep carbohydrates at ,or below 50 grams /day and proteins at a maximum of ca 90 grams /day.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm relatively new to T2 & I'm on a max of 150g per day (30 breakfast, 45 lunch, 60 dinner and 15 for assorted snacks). I'm sure my diet plan will change when I go back in September for my first review, but it is working for me at the moment.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm relatively new to T2 & I'm on a max of 150g per day (30 breakfast, 45 lunch, 60 dinner and 15 for assorted snacks). I'm sure my diet plan will change when I go back in September for my first review, but it is working for me at the moment.
With 150g you are only just low carb, but ok if it works for you. If you need to reduce it I would attack breakfast first as many people find that carbs are more of a problem early in the day.

Reactions: HSSS