Fasting blood sugar results so disappointing

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Have you tried a libre sensor? If not , you might consider trying one, you get 24 hour data, so you can see when your BG rises in the morning. I learned a lot about what affects my BG.

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried a libre sensor? If not , you might consider trying one, you get 24 hour data, so you can see when your BG rises in the morning. I learned a lot about what affects my BG.

thank you I’ll Google it and get one

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ketosis is when your body is NOT reliant on carbs for your energy levels.
It will be beneficial for your blood glucose levels. You will be confused with ketoacidosis.

Thank you for the response -oh yes that’s it getting it confused with ketoacidosis
How do you find out when your body is in ketosis? Does it take a while? I imagine it varies from person to person

Jo123

thanks for sharing your experience, can I ask, do you take any meds?

No, nothing.
I low carb in that I eat no obvious carbs (pasta, cereal, food in breadcrumbs, floury sauces, cakes, etc., etc.) but I do eat lots of green veg, salads and nuts and have less than 90 carbs a day.
I do lots of cardio but not much strength.

I've edited to add I really don't stress about my higher fasting readings as my readings at other times are good.

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No, nothing.
I low carb in that I eat no obvious carbs (pasta, cereal, food in breadcrumbs, floury sauces, cakes, etc., etc.) but I do eat lots of green veg, salads and nuts and have less than 90 carbs a day.
I do lots of cardio but not much strength.

I've edited to add I really don't stress about my higher fasting readings as my readings at other times are good.

Wow that’s amazing

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you for the response -oh yes that’s it getting it confused with ketoacidosis
How do you find out when your body is in ketosis? Does it take a while? I imagine it varies from person to person

Yes, it is.
Ok, because you need to understand what low carb diet is all about, I would recommend dietdoctor.com. This website will help you will a lot of information and how to choose which food is okay for you.
I'm going to tag @Rachox, she can give you the links to other sites.