Guidance will h diagnosis

Auntylilly22

Hi.

I’m hoping I am posting in the right area of the forum, but I would like some advice for my husband. He has suffered for some time with Aura Migrains, but generally without the headache, more recently he has started to get a pressure headache, coupled with a mild jittery feeling. He has also suffered with hyperglycaemia which has similar, although more intense symptoms. We have purchased a blood glucose reader recently as both his parents are type 2 diabetics and his grandmother (although diagnosed in her 60’s) was type 1. Below are his results from yesterday and today

Day 1 - fasted reading 7.4, we did a second reading straight away and it was then 6.4
Day 2 - fasted reading 7.4
Before eating -6.7
2 hours after eating 6.1

Our question is this. Should he be concerned about these reading, should he see his GP and get further blood tests, or just continue to monitor his blood glucose readings?

As a side note he is active, between strength training, mountain walking and cycling he exercises around 10 hours per week.

We would really appreciate any help or guidance with this as I feel the worry is making him more anxious, exacerbating his symptoms.

Thank you in advance for your help

Hayley

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, we are not doctors so this is just opinion and you know what they say about them,

I don’t think he should be worried at all

good luck with the migraine

Edit to add you should wait for other replies from someone enjoying a brain

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was advised to take a magnesium supplement to help with the occasional aura migraine but they are so infrequent I must admit I haven't tried them yet. Certainly a weird experience and thankfully no pain.
As you are both concerned maybe make an appointment with the GP for a few checks. Most pharmacies can also run a few basic checks for you.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Auntylilly22, it almost doesn't matter what anybody on this forum says because nothing is likely to stop you and your husband worrying until you have it on good, medical authority as to what his glucose levels are like outside of those tests and whether his other symptoms are part of it. Those numbers could be fine and they also might not be, they are snap shots. If I were you I would get him to the Drs to get some proper tests, especially given the familial history. x

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you make an appointment with the GP ( it may be a telephone call because of Covid ) for your husband he may have to have a blood test which will check his blood glucose levels over the last 3 months which will show whether he needs any treatment. Just an anecdote about my aural migraine .I had the aura but no headache so I went to the optician who said that he thought that I was too old to be starting to have aural migraine, so he ring the GP who rung the stroke clinic at the hospital because he thought that I may have had a mini stroke So.The hospital rang me to go for an appointment .The doctor did all the tests and said that he was sure I had not had a mini stroke but sent me for a CT scan which came back clear!! When I told my daughter in Ireland that my brain was fine she said as loving daughters do "That's debatable " :angelic: I have forgiven my optician because he looks after me
Carol

Reactions: EllieM

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suffered with classic migraine in my youth & then only suffered aural migraines in my 30s & 40s.
Post diagnosis I lost weight through a low carb diet & the migraines disappeared.
I've now gone over 18 months without a single episode.