What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 at 6AM. I had black beans and cauliflower last night when I broke fast at 24 hours. I was reading on cholesterolcode that eating higher calorie intake three days prior to test should bring down cholesterol numbers and I want to test that theory on me so I will be eating today and tomorrow as well before my test on 11/08.

Side effect of testing that theory ofcourse is a bit higher numbers as invariably it will result in relatively higher intake of carbs. In addition I know from my past experiments cauliflower does not seem to work well for my BG numbers but boy did my body protest last night... numbers went all the way to 10 at one point. So that's definitely off the menu for foreseeable future.

Anyway, so I will be eating food for two consecutive days after about 10 months... all in name of science and learning. :)

Have a great day everyone. :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning which I'm happy with that had about a 100 carbs throughout the day. Went as low as 4.1 yesterday after my walk ...bit low for me but pleased that I can get it down .

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Disappointing 7.3 today due to a spoon of noodles with my stirfry, should know how sensitive I am, no short cuts are allowed.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 at 6AM. I had black beans and cauliflower last night when I broke fast at 24 hours. I was reading on cholesterolcode that eating higher calorie intake three days prior to test should bring down cholesterol numbers and I want to test that theory on me so I will be eating today and tomorrow as well before my test on 11/08.

Side effect of testing that theory ofcourse is a bit higher numbers as invariably it will result in relatively higher intake of carbs. In addition I know from my past experiments cauliflower does not seem to work well for my BG numbers but boy did my body protest last night... numbers went all the way to 10 at one point. So that's definitely off the menu for foreseeable future.

Anyway, so I will be eating food for two consecutive days after about 10 months... all in name of science and learning. :)

Have a great day everyone. :)
Just to say I have tried the protocol a couple/3 times, first time was just an experiment but LDL did go down. Second time not much change, third time LDL stayed the same but HDL rose to 2.1 whilst Trigs were 0.6. However I put on 2 kilos and blood sugars rose. A few weeks later I am still a kilo heavier than I was. I think it didn't work for me as well this last time because I didn't have time to do the low calorie option plus I was fed up with trying to watch the fat in my diet because of my high cholesterol and had started to up my fat intake in the preceding weeks so maybe the high fat high calories wasn't enough of a change - don't know - but I do hope it works for you. By the way it was a nightmare trying to eat so many calories - cookie dough mousse came to my rescue though! Hope everything works out for you.

Reactions: DJC3 and JohnEGreen

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.4 this morning, and after an indulgent afternoon in holiday 6.3 this evening.

I can only assume the weight loss has made such a massive difference that my body is behaving virtually normally at the moment.

I’ll be retesting over the next few hours to see.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Wow, some stunning evidenced-based results. Speaking for myself, I’m very fortunate to have you in this Group. Thanks for your persistence and consistency. In everything that’s “Delia”, who’d have thought it, Cauliflower? Why?