Any fish recipes that are easy and quick to do

Dandelade

Nice marinade for salmon (but I suppose any fish would do?!):

Soy sauce, minced garlic, chilli, 1/2 teaspoon honey, grated ginger, 1/2 a lemon.

No need to leave in marinade I put them onto tin foil and add stuff over the top, then wrap it up as a parcel and bake for 20 mins. Lots of flavour

Sandy-55

Nice marinade for salmon (but I suppose any fish would do?!):

Soy sauce, minced garlic, chilli, 1/2 teaspoon honey, grated ginger, 1/2 a lemon.

No need to leave in marinade I put them onto tin foil and add stuff over the top, then wrap it up as a parcel and bake for 20 mins. Lots of flavour
I bought some cod yesterday so I’ll give this ago thank you

Reactions: Dandelade

Nexus6

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
With really GOOD salmon (sockeye etc), we try to minimize any additional flavors as we love it natural (maybe just a little butter, salt, pepper, lemon at most), but this recipe is AMAZING! We often find less expensive pink salmon and this kicks it up a bit.

Note...if you do NOT have a cedar plank or want to go through that part of the process, you can just skip and do it on tinfoil or pan.

I do recommend salmon with a bit of smoke (over charcoal grill or add a smoke pack to your gas grill) as salmon and smoke are an amazing pairing.

Sriracha Cedar Plank Salmon

Ingredients
  • 1 Cedar plank
  • 1 whole salmon fillet
  • Olive oil
  • Kosher Salt and fresh ground pepper
  • 1-2 tablespoons of Sriracha sauce (or sambal oelek or similar spicy chili paste)
  • 2-3 tablespoons of Kewpie (Japanese mayo, regular mayo will work too)
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • Spray bottle of water, just in case
Directions
  • Soak plank in water 1 to 2 hours.
  • Heat grill to medium
  • Place salmon on plank and rub top lightly with olive oil
  • Sprinkle well with salt and pepper
  • Spread Sriracha and mayo evenly over salmon
  • Sprinkle brown sugar over the salmon
  • Place board with salmon on heated grill and close lid.
  • For a filet about an inch at its thickest and depending on how good your barbeque is, it will grill for about 10 - 15 minutes.
  • The plank sides may flare up during cooking this is no big deal as long as you keep the salmon about an inch away from the edges.
  • Remove and serve.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there such a thing as minimalist cooking?
I take my frying pan used for fish and place the fish into it with a little olive oil or butter, warm it gently and then put on the lid. After a minute or so I turn off the heat and cook the stir fry or whatever else I will eat with the fish, then I find a plate and serve it forth - I might add a little pinch of a herb but not always.

Nexus6

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Is there such a thing as minimalist cooking?

The original poster asked for recipes to minimize (cover up?) fish flavors, so, while I agree, sometimes less is more (for some things) not in this case.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The original poster asked for recipes to minimize (cover up?) fish flavors, so, while I agree, sometimes less is more (for some things) not in this case.
A solitary pinch of dried herbs will cover the fish flavour when applied to warm fish in an enclosed pan for a few minutes.