What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.7, and this after going to bed on a 8.5, with a better sleep, has to indicate my rusty-Endo-machine does have the ability to compress those free-swingin’ Sugars. Sure, 7s are the new 6s.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Wow, some stunning evidenced-based results. Speaking for myself, I’m very fortunate to have you in this Group. Thanks for your persistence and consistency. In everything that’s “Delia”, who’d have thought it, Cauliflower? Why?
One cup of cauliflower has
Calories: 27
Fat: 0.3g
Sodium: 32mg
Carbohydrates: 5g
Fiber: 2g
Sugars : 2g
Protein : 2g

That is raw values when cooked the 5g of carb can drop to 3g of net carbs.
It never seems to raise my BG noticeably

And it has a reasonable fiber content..

diabetes is never one size fits all.

Reactions: Ryhia and DJC3

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 at 6AM and 7 right now. Overnight average of 7.0 as well.

@Ryhia -Thanks for sharing your experience with the protocol... you are right eating that many calories is not easy at all. My average for yesterday was a whopping 7.3. I had about 100 ml of double cream, 250g of edamame beans shallow fried with bit of onion and tomato, two eggs and a flaxseed bread, 200gms of air fried celeriac, 4 low carb protein bars and 250gms of edamame spaghetti with about 40g of cheese. All this with 4.5 litres of fluids - tea and water.

doing this feels like torturing the body. I will do it today as well though am dreading it. I think I will do a longer fast from tomorrow though possibly until Friday if I can manage that.

Have a great day everyone. :)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Cauliflower? Why?

I have no idea. Its probably just my body not liking cauliflower. Everytime I try anything cauliflower based it raises my BG... I have so far tried all possible variations of vegetable... fried, boiled, raw, grated, cauliflower rice and it raises my BG without fail. It does not do it for others though but it only reiterates my belief that we must test for what we eat as others experience may not repeat exactly on ourselves.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 at 6AM and 7 right now. Overnight average of 7.0 as well.

@Ryhia -Thanks for sharing your experience with the protocol... you are right eating that many calories is not easy at all. My average for yesterday was a whopping 7.3. I had about 100 ml of double cream, 250g of edamame beans shallow fried with bit of onion and tomato, two eggs and a flaxseed bread, 200gms of air fried celeriac, 4 low carb protein bars and 250gms of edamame spaghetti with about 40g of cheese. All this with 4.5 litres of fluids - tea and water.

doing this feels like torturing the body. I will do it today as well though am dreading it. I think I will do a longer fast from tomorrow though possibly until Friday if I can manage that.

Have a great day everyone. :)
Are you bulking up for the Paris games?;) 100 mls double cream:yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you bulking up for the Paris games?;) 100 mls double cream:yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:
Haha... nah its just to test the feldman protocol which suggests having a high intake of calories 2.5 days before blood tests should result in lowering LDL and trigs while improving HDL.

100ml double cream is easy calories and I love double cream :)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s a goodbye to the friendly fives and hello sad 6.0 for me.
I find one hand seems to measure lower than the other, maybe you just picked the wrong hand today?

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on the run of 6's if your bloods go lower during the day as well you should look forward to a good HbA1c result at your next test. Did they put you on any meds?

I'm on 500mg Sukkarto AM and PM, and I'm aware that I am not likely going to be able to beat this with only 6's, but to be still losing weight, and keeping things at least consistent is a good starting point.

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
A nice 5.3 for me this morning.

Diet is going well and helping the glucose levels (to think I was on 6 bolas with each meal plus 24 basal and 2 x Metformin, now it's no bolas, 10 basal a day, and those same 2 metformin) with an added bonus that my resting heart rate that was in the high 70's is now in the low 60s. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A nice 5.3 for me this morning.

Diet is going well and helping the glucose levels (to think I was on 6 bolas with each meal plus 24 basal and 2 x Metformin, now it's no bolas, 10 basal a day, and those same 2 metformin) with an added bonus that my resting heart rate that was in the high 70's is now in the low 60s. :)
:woot:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm on 500mg Sukkarto AM and PM, and I'm aware that I am not likely going to be able to beat this with only 6's, but to be still losing weight, and keeping things at least consistent is a good starting point.
With an initial HbA1c diagnosis of 51 I am surprised they put you on meds - at an initial HbA1c of 53 I was simply told to go away and sort by diet. Hope you get a nice surprise at your next HbA1c.

Reactions: HeliGary and DJC3