Free Style Libre

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, but in my experience absolutely normal! I know there are health professionals out there who are clued up about diabetes (eg dear Dr Unwin and of course the amazing Dr Bernstein), but I have yet to meet one. If only they knew that they don't know, rather than believing that the half-day's instruction they received in medical school 20+ years ago was the last possible word on the subject!

Hi,

Where do you discreetly & sucessfully place your sensor..?

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

Where do you discreetly & sucessfully place your sensor..?
I have only ever used one (self-funded) Libre. I put it in the suggested position on my upper arm and spent the next 2 weeks worrying about dislodging it, especially when changing my sports bra. Concern about discretion came lower in my priorities. In any case, IMO when women are in their late 70s no-one looks very closely at their arms!

AndyRob

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I’ve been using the Libre for over two years now and any worry of people noticing or asking about it has long gone. Yes, initially I felt a Lille self conscious, but like injecting in public I just get on with it now.

What is embarrassing is the Libre setting off many shop security alarms as I leave. I’m yet to be challenged by staff, but it will happen one day and I’m just glad I fix mine to my upper arm…..could be quite embarrassing otherwise ! Abbot have told me the device can set off older alarms but shouldn’t affect later versions….

Agree the Libre 2 doesn’t seem to be as reliable as the original.

Reactions: Lva1989

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I’ve been using the Libre for over two years now and any worry of people noticing or asking about it has long gone. Yes, initially I felt a Lille self conscious, but like injecting in public I just get on with it now.

What is embarrassing is the Libre setting off many shop security alarms as I leave. I’m yet to be challenged by staff, but it will happen one day and I’m just glad I fix mine to my upper arm…..could be quite embarrassing otherwise ! Abbot have told me the device can set off older alarms but shouldn’t affect later versions….

Agree the Libre 2 doesn’t seem to be as reliable as the original.

Security alarms.. Now that's interesting. I always make sure I have the receipt.
Had a few trigger, thought it was someone else exiting the same time..?
A week back I was on my way through the door & it triggered. Glanced round & a guard was right behind me.
Lol, he took one look at me & gestured I could leave..

I did wow cure to me if it was the libre.. However, I got nothing to hide. I'd let them search for tagged goods first then leave em wondering. ;)

MillaRussian

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I lost 3 Libre sensors to one Aruba vacation, they kept falling off. I contacted Abbott to replace one of them, they gave me a hard time, it took 10 days of messaging back and forth before they sent replacement and they wanted me to mail them a faulty sensor for inspection.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I lost 3 Libre sensors to one Aruba vacation, they kept falling off. I contacted Abbott to replace one of them, they gave me a hard time, it took 10 days of messaging back and forth before they sent replacement and they wanted me to mail them a faulty sensor for inspection.

Hi,

Yeah,Abbot want the faulty sensors sent back. I believe it would help the company understand where the fault might lye, either somewhere in the production process or possibly a problem with a supplier's "quality control?"
The objective being to minimise these faults happening or improve the product...