The speed at which you can lower BG

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On my lab drawn test at diagnosis my FBG was 7.5, 3 weeks later for the confirmation bloods I was down to 5.1 by just copping on with low carb & exercise.
Come to think of it I was right on the borderline for diagnosis as A1c fell from 52 to 48 in the same period.
Another day, another doctor & I might not of had this label for life.

wow amazing, well done you!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's only the last three weeks. The previous three were the same, I just couldn't get the graph to display it all at once without glitching!

Fact is, my numbers have done precisely nothing for the best part of two months, after the initial major fall, irrespective of how hard-core I've been with the diet.

Yes it's going to take time. A long time. That's what I was trying to warn the OP, not to expect too much. It will be miraculous if they continue to go down at the rate they have.

In any case, your graph above isn't over two months. It's 17 days, unless the dates are wrong.
Not sure how often you are eating but have you thought of trying some intermittent or even extended fasting.. that can also have a significant impact of blood sugar numbers when combined with keto eating.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On my lab drawn test at diagnosis my FBG was 7.5, 3 weeks later for the confirmation bloods I was down to 5.1 by just copping on with low carb & exercise.
Come to think of it I was right on the borderline for diagnosis as A1c fell from 52 to 48 in the same period.
Another day, another doctor & I might not of had this label for life.
However, without such diagnosis, you would have carried on consuming carbs and would have been diagnosed eventually...it just came sooner thats all

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
However, without such diagnosis, you would have carried on consuming carbs and would have been diagnosed eventually...it just came sooner thats all
And “labelled” or not you obviously have an issue somewhere allowing the problem to manifest itself into diagnosable levels. The underlying problem didn’t start at that point all of a sudden and if a person stops whatever management method they use (weight, diet, exercise medication) it’ll simply show back up. It’s there in the background forever lurking which is why it’s classed as remission or reversal not cure.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

And “labelled” or not you obviously have an issue somewhere allowing the problem to manifest itself into diagnosable levels. The underlying problem didn’t start at that point all of a sudden and if a person stops whatever management method they use (weight, diet, exercise medication) it’ll simply show back up. It’s there in the background forever lurking which is why it’s classed as remission or reversal not cure.

[Nods head in passive agreement]

Without the diagnosis wake up call I'd be still nearly 20st & enjoying a healthy wholegrain breakfast cereal every morning, perhaps a 2nd bowl cause of the low fat milk.
Lunch would be a 12" sub with a share bag of crisps followed by a duty free sized chocolate bar.
A snooze at the work computer in the afternoon.
Then a Chinese Takeaway for dinner with half a pack of chocolate biscuits.
Then just a little nap after dinner with just enough room left for a few tins of Guinness before bed.

Happy days indeed . . . until T2 came along & made me healthy, I'll never forgive it

Reactions: HSSS

jjne

Not sure how often you are eating but have you thought of trying some intermittent or even extended fasting.. that can also have a significant impact of blood sugar numbers when combined with keto eating.

Thanks. Funnily enough I have done just that over the last couple of weeks (a couple of 48 hour fasts plus OMAD) , and am down in the 7s/8s now, so I am finally starting to see results!

Yet to see a 6.x but I'm sure it'll come.

Reactions: HSSS

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Thanks. Funnily enough I have done just that over the last couple of weeks (a couple of 48 hour fasts plus OMAD) , and am down in the 7s/8s now, so I am finally starting to see results!

Yet to see a 6.x but I'm sure it'll come.

That's a big improvement over when you first posted here, well done. Did you ever get the cpeptide results to confirm your diagnosis?

Reactions: jjne