What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have no idea. Its probably just my body not liking cauliflower. Everytime I try anything cauliflower based it raises my BG... I have so far tried all possible variations of vegetable... fried, boiled, raw, grated, cauliflower rice and it raises my BG without fail. It does not do it for others though but it only reiterates my belief that we must test for what we eat as others experience may not repeat exactly on ourselves.

We're all different aren't we? I live on cauliflower. Air fried cauliflower, mushrooms, and a bit of houmous for dipping are my "go to" lunch meal. 27g of carbs and my numbers stay steady or drop slightly by dinner.

Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find one hand seems to measure lower than the other, maybe you just picked the wrong hand today?

Could be, I do find there’s a difference, even with Libre. But if Im honest with myself it’s more likely the liver bite-back after my usual boozy Sunday lunch and lower Monday figures.
Hiit session today so hope that’ll bring it back in line by tomorrow.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.6 - Marginally, 0.1, better than yesterday. Went to bed on a 7.3, yesterday afternoon had a 5.9 - So, minuscule compression going on. Could be I’m heading for the string of 6s I had in Feb and March this year? Hoping.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back in the 5’s club with 5.8
Found out yesterday that having a small, protein breakfast 2hr before my workout made my BG plummet. ( it was on its daily March upwards beforehand) usually I exercise fasted and always get a huge scary spike afterwards.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Right lets see 4.4 at 03.30 am, 3.6 at 04.45 , 4.3 at 6.47 and 4.6 at 8.24 so I guess it's 4.6 that has it.

Reactions: karen8967

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.0 at 6AM and 7.2 just now. After two consecutive days of high calorie intake. My overnight average was 7.3 and day average of yesterday was 7.1 after gobbling up 100ml double cream, 75gms of roasted nuts, 75gms of flaxseed with 30ml of full fat Greek yogurt, 220 gms of air fried celeriac, 200 gms of chicken, fried veggies, tomato salad, two eggs and a flaxseed bread and 3 protein bars.

I am soooo geared up for a fasting, all the way till Saturday morning. :D (bizarrely, my overall weight gain despite such heavy eating is just 300 gms)

Blood test today in another two hours, so a bit nervous. My calibrated BG data collected every 5 minutes on nightscout cloud suggests it should result in about 36 or 37 but then last time it said similar and I got a 41 so not sure what to make of it. We shall see.

I am trying not to worry too much about the HbA1c number given my daily monitoring of trends in my view is a much better control strategy but conversation with DN and docs is not something I look forward to.

Have a lovely day everyone. :)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.4 - Less than yesterday’s 7.6 and considering I went to bed on a 10.1 after a Cherries Spike, delicious. Appears that I’ve got a period of compression, even though my attempts to sabotage myself are being ignored by my Endo-System. Can somebody tell me what happens when there’s a Spike and then an overnight falling-back? Just what is happening in the Endo-System?

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.9 this morning things may change as am back on a course of antibiotics did not test at bedtime last night as was asleep felt so bad yesterday was in bed by 9 PM and bs was 10.3 at that time or so the Libre would have me believe..

Reactions: karen8967