Freestyle libre 2

doodles 10

I have been using libre 1 for a while with no real problems, got changed to libre 2 about 6 weeks ago. Does anyone find these dont stick as well as libre 1? Out of the 3 I have used, anly 1 has stayed in place for the full 2 weeks. I sm putting it in the normal area, but anyh tiny knock and it comes unstuck!!

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We all seem to have different skins. I've only ever used Libre 2 and they stick fast and need levering off. I assume you used an alcohol wipe before and shaved if relevant?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have used both Libre 1 and Libre 2. With both, I seem to have the right type of sticky skin and not had any problems unless I place them badly.

Have you been hotter recently and maybe sweat has coincided with your Libre 2 adoption?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I have to admit. i have not had any isse with the L1 or The L2 to date, not sticking the full term.
I need to tear .
In fact, I've left one or two on for an extra couple of days for the sheer hell of it..
But i do site them under arm.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I switched a couple of months ago and after prolly 3 years I just had first one “fall” off, this did however involve me standing on the cat in the dark and half falling half jumping into the bedroom door frame so not sure that counts.

Have to just say how amazing abbot customer care is.​

Lauren100

Can anyone please advise me if this can be worn on your thigh. I’m currently waiting for a GP appointment (waiting for 3 weeks) as I have lots of questions to ask. I don’t want to wear one on my arm as I work with young children & I don’t want it to be visible. Thank you

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The official Abbotts line is that it has to be worn on your arm, but lots of people on the forum have worn it on the thigh, inner arm, and chest, and it's worked fine.

Herbie1972

Freestyle Libre 2 is not as sticky for me, either. But my big issue with it is it’s painfully slow at reading, and two have had to be sent back to the manufacturer because of errors / failures.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I believe wearing it on the thigh is perfectly acceptable but you do have to realize there is a variance in accuracy depending on the site yo wear it.

This is one guys opinion on variose sites for p;ace ment.