Libre 2 alarms

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I've searched for an answer to this question with no luck. How do I get the alarms to work on my phone, Samsung A20e?
I stuck the sensor in my arm, started it by scanning with my phone, set the parameters for low/high BG
Nothing
The sensor works and I can get a reading by scanning but I had 2 hypos yesterday and no alarm.
Can anyone give me some simple, clear instructions on how to fix this otherwise I'll have to go back to faffing with the miaomiao
Thanks

Lakeslover

I don’t have a Samsung, but on my iPhone in settings there is a setting for notifications. You could have a look and if you have similar make sure you have notifications enabled for libre link. Also I assume you have allowed your libre to connect to Bluetooth?

instead of using Miao you could download the diabox app and try using that. You have to disable Bluetooth from libre link and allow it on diabox.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Is this a new problem? Has it worked in the past? Any error message or red dot on librelink?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I don’t have a Samsung, but on my iPhone in settings there is a setting for notifications. You could have a look and if you have similar make sure you have notifications enabled for libre link. Also I assume you have allowed your libre to connect to Bluetooth?

instead of using Miao you could download the diabox app and try using that. You have to disable Bluetooth from libre link and allow it on diabox.
Hi @Lakeslover , notifications for Librelink are enabled when in use, which I presusme s all the time since it's in my arm. How do I check that libre is allowed to connect to Bluetooth please? No idea

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Is this a new problem? Has it worked in the past? Any error message or red dot on librelink?
Thanks @barrym , this is my first Libre2 so it's a new problem, can't see any red dot

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Lakeslover , notifications for Librelink are enabled when in use, which I presusme s all the time since it's in my arm. How do I check that libre is allowed to connect to Bluetooth please? No idea

Sue, could be worthwhile modifying the notification to notify always.

Sometimes something like that can be the case. I don't know that, jut a simple thing to try, although not suggesting you have a hypo/hyper just to test it!

Lakeslover

On an iPhone I go to settings scroll down the list of apps to libre link, click on that and then I can enable or disable Bluetooth.

Reactions: alanboo

Lakeslover

Notification when in use, I wonder if that could just mean when your phone is in use, ie not when it is sleeping. Definitely worth changing to always.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
which app are you using for libre2 to se it with your phone..i was in impression there was no phone app for it
In the UK, LibreLInk has worked with Libre 2 since it was available.
In the US there was a delay but LibreLInk has now been approved in the US for Libre 2.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
There are two necessary communication channels. NFC which clearly is working, and Bluetooth. As stated above, make sure it's switched on. No pairing as such required but is does need to be on when you start up. Just thinking aloud here, you did start it with the phone, right?

Edit:

Red dots!

Edit 2:

So is this the same phone, and app that was running on Libre 1? Check those red alerts. There is/was a problem that a database created with LibreLink/Libre 1 would do alarms OK but show the red dot! Everything still worked, just annoying messages saying they wouldn't! Abbott fix is to delete app and data and start afresh. I haven't, but will one day. Maybe ;-)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210811-150239.png
    Screenshot_20210811-150239.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20210811-150223.png
    Screenshot_20210811-150223.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Sue, could be worthwhile modifying the notification to notify always.

Sometimes something like that can be the case. I don't know that, jut a simple thing to try, although not suggesting you have a hypo/hyper just to test it!
Thanks @AndBreathe That may be a good idea but have no idea how I'd go about it. Have you got a clue?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Notification when in use, I wonder if that could just mean when your phone is in use, ie not when it is sleeping. Definitely worth changing to always.
don't know how to do that @Lakeslover , have you got any idea?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
There are two necessary communication channels. NFC which clearly is working, and Bluetooth. As stated above, make sure it's switched on. No pairing as such required but is does need to be on when you start up. Just thinking aloud here, you did start it with the phone, right?

Edit:

Red dots!

Edit 2:

So is this the same phone, and app that was running on Libre 1? Check those red alerts. There is/was a problem that a database created with LibreLink/Libre 1 would do alarms OK but show the red dot! Everything still worked, just annoying messages saying they wouldn't! Abbott fix is to delete app and data and start afresh. I haven't, but will one day. Maybe ;-)
Thanks again @barrym I've been told that Libre2 works thru NFC................. no idea what this means but not thru Bluetooth. I think if this zero alarm continues, I might delete Librelink and reinstall. Again, no idea how to do this

Lakeslover

The alarms work through Bluetooth, the scanning is nfc. Which suggests that it’s something to do with your Bluetooth or notifications settings to me.

I don’t use android so I can’t be sure, but have a look where you found it saying notifications in use, try clicking on that and see if you get a drop down menu with alternatives to select. Hopefully someone with android will be able to give you better advice.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone and that the phone Libre Alarm settings are set to On; go to Alarm settings in the Librelink menu. Are you sure you are using Libre 2 and not 1? I bought a Libre 1 by mistake once. Check the box.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @AndBreathe That may be a good idea but have no idea how I'd go about it. Have you got a clue?
In your phone, if you know your alarms are enable when in use, that's the place you will have the options from always off to always on and points in between.

I don't have a Samsung; I'm iPhone, but in mine if I go to Bluetooth, I'll have a list of apps and how they are enabled. Dr Google could be helpful, with a search something like "Samsung(whatever your phones is) bluetooth notifications" or "how do I change bluetooth notification settings on Samsung-whatever it is"?

Dr Google can be a friendly sort for this sort of thing. Other wise, just Google your phone and look in the manual for Bluetooth information if you can't find the hard copy that might have come with the phone, although many phones these days don't provide physical booklets

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Thanks for all the suggestions so far................... alarms still not working though
Can people tell me .............when you look at Bluetooth settings on your phone, does is show Librelink or Libre or anything?
Mine used to show Miaomiao but I've stopped using it

Lakeslover

Yes, in settings then I looked at Bluetooth and on an iPhone underneath there is a list of things I am connected to by Bluetooth (for example my watch) this list includes Abbott.

do you have anything else you can connect to Bluetooth which will prove your phone Bluetooth is working?