What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning. Today we are off to Holkham and then lunch at The Victoria at Holkham and finishing off with a walk through Sheringham Park. All quiet here at the moment as granddaughters still asleep.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from an overcast start here in the city of Bristol
The wonder wheel of a quite fabulous curry at a place called Urban Tandoor came in bang on at 5.0 this am

Got to Bristol yesterday afternoon in a downpour but it soon cleared up. Wander round, as you do, and then met up with my youngest brother for dinner - his restaurant choice - and a good one at that - look it up if you are Bristol way (and like Indian food). First sibling in the flesh for both of us in nearly two years. Having breakfast with him and then heading home with a quick stop for koffy and home made low carb cake at some friends on route. It has been said to me on this trip that it is our wedding anniversary but I think it’s just fake news and the cards are not convincing.

Another tree that I prepared before our trip - have a smashing Saturday, now to hunt down some koffy.

upload_2021-8-14_7-35-48.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The wonder wheel of a quite fabulous curry at a place called Urban Tandoor came in bang on at 5.0 this am

Got to Bristol yesterday afternoon in a downpour but it soon cleared up. Wander round, as you do, and then met up with my youngest brother for dinner - his restaurant choice - and a good one at that - look it up if you are Bristol way (and like Indian food). First sibling in the flesh for both of us in nearly two years. Having breakfast with him and then heading home with a quick stop for koffy and home made low carb cake at some friends on route. It has been said to me on this trip that it is our wedding anniversary but I think it’s just fake news and the cards are not convincing.

Another tree that I prepared before our trip - have a smashing Saturday, now to hunt down some koffy.

View attachment 50807
I love the prepared trees you did for this trip @dunelm Inspirational for me.

Happy Anniversary!!!

g76001.gif

Reactions: alf_Josiah

lindisfel

Expert
Hi
Started with feeling exhausted, shivery and sneezing yesterday with slight headache but no temperature.

Went to Preston for eye check up after cataract on last monday, so there is a possibility I picked up something.

The M6 toilet at Killington Lake was packed with guys with virtually no mask wearing and I got out as quick as possible.

Took my first lateral flow test last night, twizzling that probe up ones nostrils is not something that I would describe as thrilling!

It was negative but daughter says their only 50% effective but ok if positive, so I have to take a PCR.

Not had a bug for 18 month, so I guess these things happen when we mix with others.
It all gets better from now on but I think I better start wearing a mask near the duchess.
D.

lindisfel

Expert

View attachment 50807

Bristol brings back memories, mother's brother was manager of a large chain of bakery shops 70 years ago and we regularly went there each year.
I loved going to Temple Meads station to see G.W.R. steam locos. Those powerful King class locos pulling an express were a pleasure to see.
My uncle kept taking us up to Filton to see the Brabazon which always proved negative because it was in hiding.

D.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

View attachment 50807
FB_IMG_1628925149695.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
Started with feeling exhausted, shivery and sneezing yesterday with slight headache but no temperature.

Went to Preston for eye check up after cataract on last monday, so there is a possibility I picked up something.

The M6 toilet at Killington Lake was packed with guys with virtually no mask wearing and I got out as quick as possible.

Took my first lateral flow test last night, twizzling that probe up ones nostrils is not something that I would describe as thrilling!

It was negative but daughter says their only 50% effective but ok if positive, so I have to take a PCR.

Not had a bug for 18 month, so I guess these things happen when we mix with others.
It all gets better from now on but I think I better start wearing a mask near the duchess.
D.
Hugs for you @lindisfel

On the slightly indelicate subject of toilets, I explored awhile ago earlier this year various female products for 'discreet' reliving of #1's. They were varied and expensive. And practice was needed for a woman. I couldn't do it sitting down in the car, but with the car door open it was doable. Only problem was I never looked upwards first for the eagle eyed security camera. Most disconcerting when they track your movements...

I am assuming it is easier for a man, and there are plenty of products on Amazon for that exact purpose.

As for number 2's my solution is not to eat the day before, so, a water fast the day before and the next morning.

I did this when I went to meet my friend for the first time since March 2020 the other day. When I saw how many people were entering the crowded toilet facilities and thrown all caution to the wind, I declined to go in. My friend said I thought you had problems holding your water (something not quite as polite as that..), and I said I had been in training during lockdown.

What I actually had done was park my car in a strategic place in the car park, before my friend arrived, used my eye wateringly expensive device, but not before I checked for security cameras...

If the police ever stop me, then I am in incontinent batty old lady, and I am going to wet myself if I try and make it for the toilet facilities. Which is all perfectly true.

Would you try the same strategy?

I want safety first, because so many have abandoned all precautions and gone back to their ways from pre-covid times...

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from a mediocre start to Saturday in Forest Heath. Nearing the mid point of August which hasn't been the hottest here in the UK. Perhaps an Indian Summer will materialise. Hug for @lindisfel and prayers for the lateral flow to be correct along with rapid recovery. @Krystyna23040 have a wonderful day at Holkham. Such a lovely beach but some trek from parking or toilets. Is the Victoria the one directly opposite the parking? - it looks wonderful if it is. @dunelm too much of an effort to appear nonchalant over the anniversary, congratulations nonetheless. So Milky's Halum chips with my salmon and salad produced an okish 4.9 on Swipey first up. 21 gms of protein in the chips (100 gms) and 50 from the salmon (270 gms) along with a bag of salad, minimal carbs (3? with Stokes garlic mayo) flat line, .4 drop at 2 hrs. Dare I try a steak, halum chips and salad event - perhaps even as an omad? I would like to keep the 73/74 kgs bulk but build muscle - too ambitious?? We live in exciting times dear reader. Play nice and only share sanitised toys with a long handled grab.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Mixed bag of posts today, toilets, lateral flow tests, paintings and anniversaries, enough to make you want you to cross your legs, nip to the shops to purchase handkerchiefs and anniversary cards.

A bland for me and me's 5.8 this morning on that scheming meter.

Here in Tilehurst Towers we have just done lateral flow tests in preparation for our youngest son and wife who will be travelling down from Mordor ( Colindale, north London ) to see us, they are very covid conscious. Mrs J is and will be preparing a " light " lunch for them.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers have a great Saturday, here me and me's will if allowed.

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
5.5 this morning. It is so lovely to have daughter and family staying with us. We are off to Pensthorpe shortly. Grandchildren are really looking forward to seeing the red squirrels.
Hope they do actually manage to see red squirrels. They can be very elusive.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Slimlizzy,
There is something bizarre about sizing up a decorative animal as food like one would always feel rather uncomfortable in the presence of a cannibal.
We all have very different things that tickle our sense of humour.

In a similar vein I found the series on geology where the learned gent, Prof Richard Fortey found a modern species most similar to the one he had discussed from the past and had it cooked for his lunch, rather humorous.

D.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all on another pleasant flatland Sunday - no valleys in Forest Heath. I like flat. Swipey taunted me with a 4.8 first up :meh: Longish period in 3s - (I guess that would be mid to top 4s on Stabbo) following an OMAD of rump steak, halum chips and salad with peppercorn sauce (bought, guess where) I prefer ribeye but love a bargain and this was cheap and surprisingly tender. Rib of beef - comparatively cheap as chips - today. Perhaps experiment with lowest carb barista almond milk in a watery (500 of the 750 mls = h2o) latte (dump the cream, I don't need extra fat) and mayhap try a tiny portion of normies Yorkshire cooked underneath the meat.:woot: Maybe mitigate the effects with some of our red wine lake. Yesterday protein gms beat fat gms 120 to 117:). Steady as she goes with protein priority but checking bg and always, always weight - aim for very top end for me around 75 kgs now I'm old and shrinking (not 6' 1" now for sure), so 130 gms protein?. Enjoy your day, NT sausage roll, dog walk, family time or just chilling.
Edit: Also had 60 gms parmesan - allegedly <1500 cals overall. You can easily see how LC drops weight.

Last edited: