What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

A flutterby in my garden...

Enjoy today...

8AC2F8CD-BCB9-4ED0-9206-8843BCC7936A.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope they do actually manage to see red squirrels. They can be very elusive.
They have a breeding programme for red squirrels and they are kept in runs for a while and then they release them into the wild so they are not kept in captivity very long.

They were releasing them in Anglesey but there are so many there now that they are now releasing them in Scotland where there are also pine martens.

The grandchildren love watching the squirrels run around.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Another lovely day yesterday. We all really enjoyed our 3 course meal at the Victoria. Was very low carb - smoked salmon starter and a prawn salad for main meal and a coffee as a desert so not sure why fbs was higher.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Another lovely day yesterday. We all really enjoyed our 3 course meal at the Victoria. Was very low carb - smoked salmon starter and a prawn salad for main meal and a coffee as a desert so not sure why fbs was higher.
Something in the salad perhaps?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a drizzly start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roast cod with green things came in at 5.4 this am

Home yesterday after a decent Atkins style breakfast with my brother. Called in to see friends on the way for koffy and some lovely low carb fibre flour cake. Lots of orange and red lines appearing on the satnav so just had to choose the lowest number in the delay stakes. Four hours turned into five but apart from that, home safe and sound. Today is an unknown - Dark Skies app indicates drizzle on and off all day so it’s coats and boots at the ready for a walk.

Tree - yes, let’s have a tree for a change. Hope your day is a good one. Time for yet another koffy

upload_2021-8-15_9-18-37.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a drizzly start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roast cod with green things came in at 5.4 this am

Home yesterday after a decent Atkins style breakfast with my brother. Called in to see friends on the way for koffy and some lovely low carb fibre flour cake. Lots of orange and red lines appearing on the satnav so just had to choose the lowest number in the delay stakes. Four hours turned into five but apart from that, home safe and sound. Today is an unknown - Dark Skies app indicates drizzle on and off all day so it’s coats and boots at the ready for a walk.

Tree - yes, let’s have a tree for a change. Hope your day is a good one. Time for yet another koffy

View attachment 50815
A great tree @dunelm

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Fbg 6.3

A flutterby in my garden...

Enjoy today...

View attachment 50814
Aw, a red admiral! My dad was a keen gardener and this was his favourite butterfly. We had included this fact in the vicar's presentation at dad's funeral service and just after she announced it a red admiral fluttered down from the chapel roof and settled on the pew beside us. I expect it was sheltering in there for the winter but it was perfect timing and a poignant moment for us at the time. Thank you for sharing@gennepher. :)

Reactions: lindisfel

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Aw, a red admiral! My dad was a keen gardener and this was his favourite butterfly. We had included this fact in the vicar's presentation at dad's funeral service and just after she announced it a red admiral fluttered down from the chapel roof and settled on the pew beside us. I expect it was sheltering in there for the winter but it was perfect timing and a poignant moment for us at the time. Thank you for sharing@gennepher. :)
Wonderful story from an amazing lady. Take jolly good care of yourself young lady.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 6.5 this late morning.

At 9:10 this morning I was laying in bed and wondering why bother getting up, the I remembered koffy, a good enough reason to get up.

Later Mrs J took me to Costco, a financial ouch, I wish I had stayed in bed.

Is it time for your afternoon nap? It's time for mine.

lindisfel

Expert
They have a breeding programme for red squirrels and they are kept in runs for a while and then they release them into the wild so they are not kept in captivity very long.

They were releasing them in Anglesey but there are so many there now that they are now releasing them in Scotland where there are also pine martens.

The grandchildren love watching the squirrels run around.
At the interface of Grey and Reds, where the Red is really in trouble due to Pox unless the Greys are eliminated, the Pine Marten takes more Greys than Reds and if we had more Goshawks they would also help the process by differentially killing Greys.
D.

lindisfel

Expert
Keepers hate Goshawks unlike falconers who have often released one for every one they bought from continent.

They are a super bird and great to see.

I read an account of a female being taken by a Fox when it was on prey and the Gos "footed" the Fox with its big toe/claw and the Fox died, but sadly also did the Gos.

They knew this happened because the Goshawk had been released with a tracker on and both were found dead in a thicket.
D.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.3 today

beef stew for lunch with lc fruit fool and the remaining portion of homemade ice cream for pudding :)

hope your day is treating you well :)

@ianpspurs thank you Ian :)

@gennepher - what a lovely butterfly on that buddleia :joyful:

@dunelm - a handsome tree, very statuesque :)

art bit - didn't managed to do much art for the last week :sorry:

this power line pole has developed a bit of a list but it made for added interest;)

upload_2021-8-15_16-22-57.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That was a perfect moment @dogslife

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.3 today

beef stew for lunch with lc fruit fool and the remaining portion of homemade ice cream for pudding :)

this power line pole has developed a bit of a list but it made for added interest;)

View attachment 50817
Thanks @geefull

I hope the power line pole survives the next snowstorm...
A great painting.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

View attachment 50817
Thank you @geefull and glad to see one of your paintings today, always a pleasure to see and let’s hope that that power line pole survives.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At the interface of Grey and Reds, where the Red is really in trouble due to Pox unless the Greys are eliminated, the Pine Marten takes more Greys than Reds and if we had more Goshawks they would also help the process by differentially killing Greys.
D.
It is good that they are being released in an area with pinemartens. Hopefully there are goshawks also.

Reactions: ianpspurs