Treatment type
Diet only
Idea seen elsewhere:

clubbers2.png

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah, the irony is real. And it's not just about the clubbers. All of the fast-food consuming anti-vaxxers too as a minimum.

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah, the irony is real. And it's not just about the clubbers. All of the fast-food consuming anti-vaxxers too as a minimum.
Anti-vaxxers consider mainstream media a source of lies and totally untrustworthy, so they avoid it. A pity, really, otherwise they would have known that the BBC no longer had their HQ at the old premises and had relocated in 2013:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...protesters-storm-bbc-hq-years-after-moved-out

However, they consider themselves to be enlightened...

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some anti-vaxxers are also Covid deniers, and a recent social media post tried to undermine faith in mainstream media reports of the terrible situation in India, but was actually an own goal:

It showed a Twitter meme, which was a plea for help for India pasted onto a photo purporting to be of a woman with Covid on the ground in a car park awaiting hospital treatment.

The credibility of the meme was undermined by showing the photo was actually three years old, by displaying a screenshot from the website of an official news agency in India, which of course is mainstream media!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some anti-vaxxers are also Covid deniers, and a recent social media post tried to undermine faith in mainstream media reports of the terrible situation in India, but was actually an own goal:

It showed a Twitter meme, which was a plea for help for India pasted onto a photo purporting to be of a woman with Covid on the ground in a car park awaiting hospital treatment.

The credibility of the meme was undermined by showing the photo was actually three years old, by displaying a screenshot from the website of an official news agency in India, which of course is mainstream media!
I know someone who was a Covid denier. She caught Covid. :nurse:

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know someone who was a Covid denier. She caught Covid. :nurse:
Was she able to change her view about it being real? Some people aren't able to:

A few patients we are caring for still deny Covid exists, even as we strap oxygen masks to their faces. That is perplexing. Staff find that particularly hard and I think it will be an interesting and difficult part of this next phase. I wonder if we’ll be caring for a select group of patients who think the very disorder we’re treating them for is a sham.
quoted from https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jul/09/im-an-ae-doctor-covid-patients-are-younger-this-time

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was she able to change her view about it being real? Some people aren't able to:

A few patients we are caring for still deny Covid exists, even as we strap oxygen masks to their faces. That is perplexing. Staff find that particularly hard and I think it will be an interesting and difficult part of this next phase. I wonder if we’ll be caring for a select group of patients who think the very disorder we’re treating them for is a sham.
quoted from https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jul/09/im-an-ae-doctor-covid-patients-are-younger-this-time
Yes, eventually...

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The logic here is laughable/comic: eg: "since people still get injured or die in car accidents when they wear a seatbelt, obviously seatbelts don't really do any good." :banghead:

I quote

So he [Boris] knew that a Covid passport requirement wasn’t decisive in the spread of infection. [:facepalm: ]The festival organisers already had a Covid-status check in place, with every ticketholder aged over 11 required to show either a recent negative test result or a vaccination status. It must have been a disappointment to everyone concerned, that those two failsafes – the open air, and the vaccine – did, in 4,700 cases, fail. ...
from https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/02/vaccine-passports-boris-johnson-anti-vaxxers

You need a music festival without any controls for comparison before you can say how effective the measures were, and if you still get 4700 cases when outdoors, that suggests controls are even more necessary indoors...

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The logic here is laughable/comic: eg: "since people still get injured or die in car accidents when they wear a seatbelt, obviously seatbelts don't really do any good." :banghead:

I quote

So he [Boris] knew that a Covid passport requirement wasn’t decisive in the spread of infection. [:facepalm: ]The festival organisers already had a Covid-status check in place, with every ticketholder aged over 11 required to show either a recent negative test result or a vaccination status. It must have been a disappointment to everyone concerned, that those two failsafes – the open air, and the vaccine – did, in 4,700 cases, fail. ...
from https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/02/vaccine-passports-boris-johnson-anti-vaxxers

You need a music festival without any controls for comparison before you can say how effective the measures were, and if you still get 4700 cases when outdoors, that suggests controls are even more necessary indoors...
OMG Words fail me.

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OMG Words fail me.
Indeed. Not to mention that a) not everyone at the festival was vaccinated and b) there seems no breakdown of the 4,700 cases into vaccinated/unvaccinated...