Stop the bus

• Thread starter Deleted member 45091
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 45091

Quick rant,stop the bus I want to get off, had a victrectomy last month and a cataract removed for good measure, still not seeing great and bits of pain after a month, it was 9 o'clock the other morning when I had another eye injection in the other eye most people are having a bowl of cornflakes at that time, only 40 knackers Yard here I come, quit smoking over a year ago, now quit all alcohol over 2 months ago, now iam struggling to get sugars below 20 as if iam become more resistant after stopping drinking, it's not right the dog water bowl has been kicked over that many times over the last month and them libre senses been clipped on the doors let's say more than a couple of times, now to top it off getting protein in urine, never asked for all this carry on....the only good thing after 30 years of being type 1 diabetes I've managed to refrain from kicking the next doors cat up the ****

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
It’s the right place to rant Danny- tbh I doubt quitting alcohol is causing your high levels, there’s many other factors that could directly contribute like stress, illness, bad insulin, basal needs adjusting etc etc.

Pat yourself on the back for quitting the fags and booze.

Call up your DSN tomorrow and get yourself booked in for a review it sounds like you could do with some support right now.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Speaking of kicking cats up the ****...…

you know the cats eyes in the middle of the road? ,, well way back when Lord Poncenby was driving home late at night and his headlights caught a cat in the face and that's where the idea came from...……..had the cat been walking the other way he would have invented the pencil sharpner……

Forgive the attempt at appalling humour but I felt you might just need some light relief as it sounds you are in a bad way?
I've been at it longer than you have and some of the side effects of type 1 have left me with depression.
I feel so grim some days I too want to stop the bus.

But we "carry on" because its what we do and we do it for our loved ones.....
You are under the hospital for your eyes and have access to others that can help?
Talk to them.

Insulin resistance is a tough call and I can only tell you what I do and point out this works for me and may well not work for you...…

People in general think walking is exercise.
Our bodies are designed to do this therefore to me it isn't "exercise".
I feel better when I've come back from a walk so if I am struggling with high levels then I give myself an armful of insulin and off I go.
Its free as well.
It works for me......

You have given up fags and booze?
Good on you....I managed to give up the fags but can't resist a glass of red so you have more willpower than me.

I wish you all the luck in the world and would love to hear how you are?

Tony

Reactions: Grant_Vicat
D

Deleted member 45091

Haha, will keep ya posted Tony, loved the red wine too just cut everything out at the moment till I can see what's going off, know excercise helps but don't leave the house that often and when I do it's when a family member picks me up had anxiety panic attacks etc for years, you do get the good inspirational diabetics but iam one of the opposite ones never drove or been on a plane not worked for over 15 years says diabetes shouldnt stop you doing anything but it has me, but just try and keep going the best I can, had an appointment today with the diabetic nurse took some bloods etc so see whats happening, cheers for the replies

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Thanks for the reply Danny and am glad you are seeing medical people to help you along the way.
I can see why diabetes stops people from doing things I really do and its why I waded in on your post because I feel like you but having had it from being a small child I just sort of get on with it but inside my head I want to get off the bus.
If I was near derby I would love to take you out on a long walk and share our perspectives and thoughts on diabetes and feel sure
we would agree on most things.

You are not alone I think is my point especially on here its a good place to be surrounded by people trying to help with a vast depth of knowledge and experience.

All the best Danny

Tony

D

Deleted member 45091

Cheers again Tony had results back today all saying non urgent, contacting me at the end of the month, which is good in one aspect but feel like a corpse and lower than a slugs genitals haha,at the min still on humilin twice a day and have couple units nova rapid here and there, not working at all, but managed to break a good 20 odd year habit absolutely loved the ale and it's disappointing got worse control now than I've ever had, walking round like Cyclops, but spose this is where abit faith kicks in hoping if can ride it out whats happening now might put me in good stead, whatever happens Il keep trying all the best Tony

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Good man Danny non urgent is good....
Keeping the faith is good....
Not drinking is good...

Walking round like cyclops is not good.....
Have you a garden? bit of activity there?
If you can't go walking?
I know our circumstances are different Danny but I firmly believe in keeping active but I don't want to come across as being pompous about it I only want to help if I can.

Tony