Help!!! REALLY struggling!

Dandelade

I’m so sorry for your loss mousee, it’s very understandable how you’ve reacted. I’ve not so many words of wisdom but do be kind to yourself - as kind as you would to anybody else else you were reading about! There are so many people here who are reading your story and have either gone through it themselves or are sympathetic- you are not alone. I hope you find the strength to get back on track, we’re all willing you on.

Reactions: lucylocket61

mouseee

I’m so sorry for your loss mousee, it’s very understandable how you’ve reacted. I’ve not so many words of wisdom but do be kind to yourself - as kind as you would to anybody else else you were reading about! There are so many people here who are reading your story and have either gone through it themselves or are sympathetic- you are not alone. I hope you find the strength to get back on track, we’re all willing you on.
Unfortunately, the be kind to yourself meant/means eat what you like to me. I have always been a comfort eater.

Onwards and upwards!

mouseee

reading this forum helped me a lot when I first started low carbing 4 years ago (7 years after diagnosis as Type2), although I struggled to contribute (not very tekky). I fell off the wagon after Covid last year. When I read moussee's message, I recognised all those feelings, and many more that have been described. Thank you.
We'll get there.....

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@mouseee - I'm so sorry for your loss.

Losing anyone is hard, but losing a parent is a particularly hard blow. I know you feel being kind to yourself equates to comfort eating, but right now, that's not making you happy. Any gratification is short lived, if you regret it each day.

I appreciate it's hard, but I feel certain your Mum would not want you to be making yourself unhappy or risking your health because of them. She'd want you to be healthy and vibrant.

Give yourself time and space and take each day as it comes. You deserve better times. They'll come.

danziger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately, the be kind to yourself meant/means eat what you like to me. I have always been a comfort eater.

Onwards and upwards!

I get that having a healthy relationship with food is important blah blah but especially as you ease into this transition after such a hard time, I don’t see any harm in having some low-carb treats at the ready for those low times, that way at least you’re not doing too much damage!

I also find that protein and enough fat helps me feel more satiated and less crave-y, and there are some comforting low-carb foods too (I bake mashed cauliflower with heaps of grated cheese on top, for e.g.). I think the main thing is to take some action, and build up step by step if it seems overwhelming.

KidDougi

So...

Then... well, I could make a few excuses... lockdown, losing my mum to covid (helped by her T2)...and the carb cravings came back. Bigger and more obvious and too big to push aside. ….

I can't get to the bottom of why I'm allowing myself to be like this. I don't want to eat like this but it's literally like I am out of control.

So, I'm back again, again, in order to try and be accountable for my actions again.

Please look to get some bereavement counselling. You have been through a lot.
You will get through this, small steps and do be kind to yourself..