Just started Trulicity

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hy guys. Not posted for awhile as fallen off the healthy eating and general good choices. I'd got my H1 down to 51 but since New year I've really slacked off the good work that got me from 121 at diagnosis. My latest result came last week and was 55. I actually was relieved as i feared it would be worse. Now i have got my head back on and looking to make a dent into getting into low 40s by January when next due test. Now I'd been struggling with 4x Sukkarto and was having fairly regular days when couldn't leave vicinity of the loo and terrible stomach problems. I had gone down to 2 tablets but still had days on the khazi albeit less frequent. I confessed this to the diabetic nurse and she told me to go to 1 Sukkarto and a weekly jab of Trulicity. She had pushed this before but i didn't fancy the idea of injecting.Started it last Saturday.Easy enough to administer tbf. Felt very nauseus within few hour and again for awhile today. It certainly has suppressed appetite and even though I've hardly eaten i don't feel hungry at all? Feel like i needed a kick start weightoss wise so this could be a good thing? What are peoples thoughts advice about my treatment please?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Were the Sukkarto the SR (Slow Release) version? If not the nurse should have swapped you over to them rather than reducing the dose. I think you know you need to have a low-carb diet. What did you mean by 'healthy eating'? For many this means 'unhealthy eating' if they follow NHS guidance. The Trulicity does help many people lose weight but in the longer term the right diet is the best first choice together with exercise and Metformin SR

Reactions: Juliedanby

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. Were the Sukkarto the SR (Slow Release) version? If not the nurse should have swapped you over to them rather than reducing the dose. I think you know you need to have a low-carb diet. What did you mean by 'healthy eating'? For many this means 'unhealthy eating' if they follow NHS guidance. The Trulicity does help many people lose weight but in the longer term the right diet is the best first choice together with exercise and Metformin SR

Yes I couldn't tolerate the original Met given at start. Switched to SR and lot better although after building up to 4 a day i had to go to 3 and then to 2 because still having issues.
I got diagnosed April 2020 and had the normal fears and indifferent help from GP and landed here . I learnt more here than at any point from docs..
I went low carb and began to understand things.
Basically after a year of living with T2 i began to lose the healthy fear of the condition. The bad food and drink choices crept in .The excersise went down. Basically the cycle I've been on all my life. Put it on/Lose it.. I'm in determined mood again and need to make it stick this time

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sukkarto has a shellac coating and personally it did not work well for me - clustered into patches of severe diarrhea. I asked to be switched from this to any other SR version of Metformin and the side effects vanished overnight. Had a prescription come in recently with Morningside Metformin SR - which was basically Sukkarto again and sent it back. No-one needs that level of uncertainty with their bowels, lol!

Reactions: SuNuman

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sukkarto has a shellac coating and personally it did not work well for me - clustered into patches of severe diarrhea. I asked to be switched from this to any other SR version of Metformin and the side effects vanished overnight. Had a prescription come in recently with Morningside Metformin SR - which was basically Sukkarto again and sent it back. No-one needs that level of uncertainty with their bowels, lol!

Yes it is very troubling especially being self employed and not always near facilities.
Ironically I've had bout of it this morning which was big blow as hoped I'd seen the last of that.
Suppose its still very early days as only took first dose Trulicity last Saturday?
The main change noticeable for me so far is the almost total loss of appetite. Just don't feel hungry at all almost to the point of not wanting anything even though i know I must need it?

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone got any experience of this drug please? Particularly upon first starting it? Feeling bit weird all around. Not ill just bit not quite right.If that makes sense?

Sammy2011

Has anyone got any experience of this drug please? Particularly upon first starting it? Feeling bit weird all around. Not ill just bit not quite right.If that makes sense?

I’ve been using trulicity for nearly 3 months now, just had my latest A1C results which came down from 58 to 32! I never had any major side effects but was a little nauseated, weak and tired for the first few weeks but that has now all gone. The only effect that has stayed is the loss of appetite, I never get hungry and I feel full very quickly.

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve been using trulicity for nearly 3 months now, just had my latest A1C results which came down from 58 to 32! I never had any major side effects but was a little nauseated, weak and tired for the first few weeks but that has now all gone. The only effect that has stayed is the loss of appetite, I never get hungry and I feel full very quickly.

Yes weak and tired is how I feel. The Nausea has been just a couple of episodes. I know these things are listed as side effects particularly at the start but just seem more tired and weak than normal and struggling to work

Sammy2011

Yes weak and tired is how I feel. The Nausea has been just a couple of episodes. I know these things are listed as side effects particularly at the start but just seem more tired and weak than normal and struggling to work

They passed for me fairly quickly, fingers crossed they will for you too. This may not be part of your problem but might be worth considering, as you mentioned eating little, it’s too easy on this Med to under-eat too much, i track macro’s and found some days I only managed 800 ish calories, which made me feel drained and sluggish also.

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thankyou.. Its quite hard to explain how i m feeling regarding food. Just don't fancy anything but making sure i have plenty of water. Reckon had about 1000 calorie today and for me that is very low yet no hunger at all? Not really sure how this works but as someone who struggled without 3 meals day and snacks this is alien. It must work for weight loss if carry on like this and that should help my Type 2 surely? I hope like you these niggles pass . Thanks again

MauzaM

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I’ve been using Trulicity 1.5ml since October 2020. I’m type 2 and take insulin. I’ve lost around 2st/28lb. I don’t feel hungry very often and feel full after small portions. Also reduced carb intake esp Potato, White Rice, Bread and pasta. BG readings are really good and stable. I recommend Trulicity to anyone who needs help losing weight and reducing BG.

Sammy2011

Thankyou.. Its quite hard to explain how i m feeling regarding food. Just don't fancy anything but making sure i have plenty of water. Reckon had about 1000 calorie today and for me that is very low yet no hunger at all? Not really sure how this works but as someone who struggled without 3 meals day and snacks this is alien. It must work for weight loss if carry on like this and that should help my Type 2 surely? I hope like you these niggles pass . Thanks again

I know it slows gastric emptying, so lunch can still be sitting in your stomach when your trying to eat dinner, meaning we’ll get full faster and for longer. I’ve lost some weight since I started, I was 12st 3lbs and I’m now 10st 9lbs. Weight loss can help a lot with T2 (well if someone has extra weight to begin with) but remember diabetes, though a big part is only part of your overall health, make sure your getting enough calories wise to not feel rubbish, I’ve seen 1200 as a absolute minimum but it may be more for you depending on job / physical activity, gender, starting bmi ect.. and make sure getting adequate nutrition in your diet otherwise you can run into other problems down the road, which I learnt the hard way!

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve been using Trulicity 1.5ml since October 2020. I’m type 2 and take insulin. I’ve lost around 2st/28lb. I don’t feel hungry very often and feel full after small portions. Also reduced carb intake esp Potato, White Rice, Bread and pasta. BG readings are really good and stable. I recommend Trulicity to anyone who needs help losing weight and reducing BG.

Thanks for reply. I will keep posted if/when the scales start moving in right direction.

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know it slows gastric emptying, so lunch can still be sitting in your stomach when your trying to eat dinner, meaning we’ll get full faster and for longer. I’ve lost some weight since I started, I was 12st 3lbs and I’m now 10st 9lbs. Weight loss can help a lot with T2 (well if someone has extra weight to begin with) but remember diabetes, though a big part is only part of your overall health, make sure your getting enough calories wise to not feel rubbish, I’ve seen 1200 as a absolute minimum but it may be more for you depending on job / physical activity, gender, starting bmi ect.. and make sure getting adequate nutrition in your diet otherwise you can run into other problems down the road, which I learnt the hard way!

Well I lost fair chunk then plateaued. Didn't put any back on even though wasn't keeping up the low carb and excersise. Will have to start keeping an eye on daily intake calorie wise as well as carbs. Thanks again.

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
Hy guys. Not posted for awhile as fallen off the healthy eating and general good choices. I'd got my H1 down to 51 but since New year I've really slacked off the good work that got me from 121 at diagnosis. My latest result came last week and was 55. I actually was relieved as i feared it would be worse. Now i have got my head back on and looking to make a dent into getting into low 40s by January when next due test. Now I'd been struggling with 4x Sukkarto and was having fairly regular days when couldn't leave vicinity of the loo and terrible stomach problems. I had gone down to 2 tablets but still had days on the khazi albeit less frequent. I confessed this to the diabetic nurse and she told me to go to 1 Sukkarto and a weekly jab of Trulicity. She had pushed this before but i didn't fancy the idea of injecting.Started it last Saturday.Easy enough to administer tbf. Felt very nauseus within few hour and again for awhile today. It certainly has suppressed appetite and even though I've hardly eaten i don't feel hungry at all? Feel like i needed a kick start weightoss wise so this could be a good thing? What are peoples thoughts advice about my treatment please?

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
Hello. I've had a bit of a roller coaster with GLP1 inhibitors. I started Trulicity last October and was nauseous for a couple of weeks. It cut my appetite which was a bit of a problem as I eat low carb and not much anyway. It brought my HbA1c from 52 to 47 in 3 months but the problem was that I became allergic to something in it and the injection sites were large red itchy patches. After trying Ozempic I'm now on Victoza but like you I do worry sometimes that I don't eat enough to keep me healthy. They are effective at bringing down HbA1c but not sure that is worth the other effects. Good luck with it. Give it time for your body to get used to it and many of the side effects do settle.

Reactions: Jason Gulmo

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well i feel bit better reading others experience with this. Will just crack on and see how it unfolds for me.Thanks all.

Reactions: Jason Gulmo

Jason Gulmo

Hiya Craigmartin thanks for your post! I'm 49 year old man just been prescribed Truclicy and feeling a bit unsure, at first I though they were putting me on insulin and I was mortified. Feeling a bit ashamed / annoyed that I have to go on it. Need to lose weight ! :-( Anyway your post was very helpful so wanted to say thank you - Jason G (Hemel Hempstead in Hertforshire)

Reactions: Clase

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hiya Craigmartin thanks for your post! I'm 49 year old man just been prescribed Truclicy and feeling a bit unsure, at first I though they were putting me on insulin and I was mortified. Feeling a bit ashamed / annoyed that I have to go on it. Need to lose weight ! :-( Anyway your post was very helpful so wanted to say thank you - Jason G (Hemel Hempstead in Hertforshire)

Cheers Jason. I've always had battle with my weight and of course as get older it seems tougher losing it? I'm using it as a tool to get on top of things. Something needed to change. I wish you well on your journey and hopefully we can both report some weight loss and improved bloods next few month

Reactions: Clase

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
Cheers Jason. I've always had battle with my weight and of course as get older it seems tougher losing it? I'm using it as a tool to get on top of things. Something needed to change. I wish you well on your journey and hopefully we can both report some weight loss and improved bloods next few month
Good morning and good luck to both of you. I always had a weight problem too .Trulicity certainly helped with losing weight but adopting and sticking to a medium/low carb diet for five years was the real game changer for me. Bringing down the blood readings was the best result for me. That certainly decreases the worry of complications when you've had diabetes for a long time. I wish something like low carb or drugs like Trulicity had been available when I was in the early years. But the long term control has certainly helped me keep away from any really nasty complications.......so far!!!