Omnipod v Medtronic 780g

joanne75

Hi

I’m due to upgrade my pump and my DSN is keen for me to try the Medtronic 780g. I’m currently using Omnipod and have been for 4yrs.

ive had issue with Omnipod due to leaks and on changing the pod a rise in BS not all the time but often.

Im keen on the 780g due to being able to link it with guardian and close loop but I’ve heard the guardian is unreliable? So this puts me off this.

Anyone have any advice, I’m also thinking if I stay on the Omnipod I can build the closed loop myself which I’ve been looking into for a while but again I dubious due to not being tech savvy.

Any pointers, advice, experience etc T1 33yrs
thanks.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Joanne75

I currently use the Omnipod dash and have one pod which leaked and some issues with highs associated with pod changes.

I previously used the Medtronic 670 but not with the sensors so I cannot comment here. I changed to the Omnipod as I had issues with set changes. I have arthritis in my hands which made set changes very challenging.

Sorry I appreciate this is not much help

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Joanne75

I currently use the Omnipod dash and have one pod which leaked and some issues with highs associated with pod changes.

I previously used the Medtronic 670 but not with the sensors so I cannot comment here. I changed to the Omnipod as I had issues with set changes. I have arthritis in my hands which made set changes very challenging.

Sorry I appreciate this is not much help

Joanne sorry to jump on this can I please ask what issues you were having with Medtronics set changes as I am experiencing this with my Mio cannula

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been using the 640g and enlite sensors for a while now, before I was using the libre I have found the enlite much more accurate I have had a couple of failures but on the whole very happy, I hope to change to the 780g soon, I have an meeting with the Medtronic nurse on Friday