Stomach issue

MarkHaZ123

Might be a but of a rant but Iv fed up tbh and just sick of things at the moment.

Back in October I had issues with my stomach which turned out to be Gastritis, I was put on meds to help clear this up which seemed to do the trick.

Anyway about 4 weeks ago I started getting some symptoms back so got in touch with the docs regarding it. They asked for bloods and said if it got worse to pop back.
A week later I was still spitting bits of blood so got in touch and they said to go straight to the hospital where I wasted 3 hours of my time as he just gave me advice to take antacids. The problem is worse than just take antacids so knew it was pointless been there but the nurse said to go.
A few days later my symptoms have just got worse so had to speak to a doctors and finally get a plan of action. I spoke to my doctor on Monday and she requested I go in Tuesday.
I tell her all my symptoms and previous issues which we both don't have a clue what it could be as bloods continually come back fine.
Because I'm taking lanzoprszole we had 2 plans. 1 to hit it hard with other meds and see if I improve in a week. The other was to stop meds for 2 weeks and test for H Pylori. We decided on the attack so I could get some work done as I'm self employed and need to finish a job.

4 days into taking the new meds Omoprazole I actually am starting to feel worse every day, the pain is just getting worse and I'm just fed up. My partner knows how bad it is at the moment and just tries to help me along but as I don't know what to do she also doesn't.

My symptoms are a really big pain in my lower left quadrant with pain in the rest of the stomach area at different times. I am tired all the time and feel dizzy quite alot. I eat more than usual and probably drink more. Iv started to get lower back pain the last couple of days which is new. My bloods were high all last week having to take extra insulin but this week Iv been better and taking normal.

Anyway has anyone had anything similar?

The doc said as my bloods are fine and I'm not showing signs of cancer etc they won't put a camara down my throat again but I feel this is needed urgently as my day to day life has just become horrendous. Iv been off work for 2 weeks and I don't feel any better at all.

I'm fed up at the moment and just feel like what's the point in life. Not in a suicidal way but just a what's the point type of way.

Any advice from anyone as to what I could maybe ask the docs when I speak to them on Monday?

Thanks

Lisa69free

You know your own body. Demand more testing. My Dad was similar as he felt something was wrong. Nothing like your symptoms. Dr fobbed him off many times. My Dad did research himself and demanded a different test and they found Cancer. Thankfully everything is fine and he had the all clear about 10 years ago. Good luck

MarkHaZ123

You know your own body. Demand more testing. My Dad was similar as he felt something was wrong. Nothing like your symptoms. Dr fobbed him off many times. My Dad did research himself and demanded a different test and they found Cancer. Thankfully everything is fine and he had the all clear about 10 years ago. Good luck
Thanks. Its not nice when you get fobbed off which I was until I had seen this doctor who isnt happy there's no obvious reason so has said to test a high dose of meds first.
Over the weekend Iv felt better but still alot of pain in the stomach and today have been falling asleep all day.

I'm going to go back to work tomorrow purely to get this job finished I'm on. Once that's done I'm happy.

I think il ring back up tomorrow depending how I wake up, I just know there's a bigger problem there but it's finding it and dealing with it. I don't think it's life threatening but feel it could be a ****** flare up than last time.
Even tonight Iv been spitting blood up again.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Might be a but of a rant but Iv fed up tbh and just sick of things at the moment.

Back in October I had issues with my stomach which turned out to be Gastritis, I was put on meds to help clear this up which seemed to do the trick.

Anyway about 4 weeks ago I started getting some symptoms back so got in touch with the docs regarding it. They asked for bloods and said if it got worse to pop back.
A week later I was still spitting bits of blood so got in touch and they said to go straight to the hospital where I wasted 3 hours of my time as he just gave me advice to take antacids. The problem is worse than just take antacids so knew it was pointless been there but the nurse said to go.
A few days later my symptoms have just got worse so had to speak to a doctors and finally get a plan of action. I spoke to my doctor on Monday and she requested I go in Tuesday.
I tell her all my symptoms and previous issues which we both don't have a clue what it could be as bloods continually come back fine.
Because I'm taking lanzoprszole we had 2 plans. 1 to hit it hard with other meds and see if I improve in a week. The other was to stop meds for 2 weeks and test for H Pylori. We decided on the attack so I could get some work done as I'm self employed and need to finish a job.

4 days into taking the new meds Omoprazole I actually am starting to feel worse every day, the pain is just getting worse and I'm just fed up. My partner knows how bad it is at the moment and just tries to help me along but as I don't know what to do she also doesn't.

My symptoms are a really big pain in my lower left quadrant with pain in the rest of the stomach area at different times. I am tired all the time and feel dizzy quite alot. I eat more than usual and probably drink more. Iv started to get lower back pain the last couple of days which is new. My bloods were high all last week having to take extra insulin but this week Iv been better and taking normal.

Anyway has anyone had anything similar?

The doc said as my bloods are fine and I'm not showing signs of cancer etc they won't put a camara down my throat again but I feel this is needed urgently as my day to day life has just become horrendous. Iv been off work for 2 weeks and I don't feel any better at all.

I'm fed up at the moment and just feel like what's the point in life. Not in a suicidal way but just a what's the point type of way.

Any advice from anyone as to what I could maybe ask the docs when I speak to them on Monday?

Thanks

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Been on the same chase for the last 3 years. Haven’t done the camera endoscopy yet due to it being an invasive test and not 100% safe.
Came off all meds this Jan due to hypo believed to be med induced. Immediate reduction in stomach pain frequency. Was every 3 weeks now only two attacks in 6 months of being off meds. One mild, one severe (today).

Some of the pain feels bloating related with bloating being created by an underlying inflammation. Calprotectin FIT test has been done a few times. When pain was worst in 2019 it showed a very high score 1366 (25-30 is apparently the norm) This test is an indicator of inflammation and studies link to bowel conditions such as colitis or chrohns but no other symptoms apart from intermittent pain.
As I’m off all meds at the moment I’ve a chance to rule them out as direct cause but probably are an indirect cause of irritating.
pain first came on after losing weight (The inflammation pain felt like it was a muscle tear)

Im pretty focussed but the side effect of chasing this is similar to yourself in “Whats the point” but I suppose that’s a natural reaction to chronic pain endurance over a long time.

I also have an inguinal hernia and have recognised that this aggravates the trapped wind bloating as it passes through my system. Can feel the bubbling when pushing it back.

Have tried variances of diet but no real conclusions. Did notice that when I had my first attack after coming of meds that I had a glass of milk the day before the attack which was an additional portion never in my diet. So possible lactose link.

It doesn’t take much for the body’s system to unbalance and long term meds can make effects virtually invisible.

I literally feel your pain and frustration.

David

MarkHaZ123

Been on the same chase for the last 3 years. Haven’t done the camera endoscopy yet due to it being an invasive test and not 100% safe.
Came off all meds this Jan due to hypo believed to be med induced. Immediate reduction in stomach pain frequency. Was every 3 weeks now only two attacks in 6 months of being off meds. One mild, one severe (today).

Some of the pain feels bloating related with bloating being created by an underlying inflammation. Calprotectin FIT test has been done a few times. When pain was worst in 2019 it showed a very high score 1366 (25-30 is apparently the norm) This test is an indicator of inflammation and studies link to bowel conditions such as colitis or chrohns but no other symptoms apart from intermittent pain.
As I’m off all meds at the moment I’ve a chance to rule them out as direct cause but probably are an indirect cause of irritating.
pain first came on after losing weight (The inflammation pain felt like it was a muscle tear)

Im pretty focussed but the side effect of chasing this is similar to yourself in “Whats the point” but I suppose that’s a natural reaction to chronic pain endurance over a long time.

I also have an inguinal hernia and have recognised that this aggravates the trapped wind bloating as it passes through my system. Can feel the bubbling when pushing it back.

Have tried variances of diet but no real conclusions. Did notice that when I had my first attack after coming of meds that I had a glass of milk the day before the attack which was an additional portion never in my diet. So possible lactose link.

It doesn’t take much for the body’s system to unbalance and long term meds can make effects virtually invisible.

I literally feel your pain and frustration.

David
3 years is mad. I know sometimes it's hard to get answers and to get it sorted but surely it should be quicker than that.
As you say living with the pain is horrendous

My issues were last year which went and then came back about 8 weeks ago. Every week iv pushed for it to be taken serious and for me to be referred to gastro. I finally got referred a few weeks back and iv just had my ultrasound this morning.
My appointment for Gastro services is in 3 weeks time so I'm sure unless something bad shows up il have to wait till then for the results.

My symptoms have changed loads. The latest gas been the worst of them all.
I started getting pain in the lower back and the pain in the stomach getting worse. More blood at times coming up but a&e told me just to take gaviscon which does nothing.
The back pain is internal and isn't my back. Iv had surgery in the past on my back so know the pain I can get and when I do I stretch my back out but no stretches work so I know it isn't muscle or spinal pain as the stretches pull the pain if it was them.

Iv read alot of things and tried to research symptoms with possible things and iv not got anything I'd say it was for definite but I think it is the pancreas. It is possibly a problem of been diabetic and has caused issues as my bloods are alot higher these days and when they go low a soon as I eat or drink they spike alot. I normally manage my bloods really well but I just can't these days and having been off work for the best part of 6 weeks I do eat rubbish when bored so that doesn't help