What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all,
My PCR came back negative this am.

Good News but an unpleasant virus, stayed up yesterday evening for first time since being in bed most of day since last friday.
Thanks for good wishes and prayers.
Derek

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

Good News but an unpleasant virus, stayed up yesterday evening for first time since being in bed most of day since last friday.
Derek
I was going to ask you this morning how this was going @lindisfel
I am very glad it was negative.
Sorry you still have a bug of some sort.
Take care and get better quickly.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @gennepher - bit costly to uproot and they do tend to dry up your garden - greedy water guzzlers.
I will grow one of those when I have my next dream house and property. I do have 5 willow trees, and a curly willow, but because of close proximity to neighbours I have to keep them well pruned. 3 need pruning now because of the severe rains, but I grow those to get the straight willow branches to make things with...like woven fencing.

Reactions: SlimLizzy

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning.

Today am off to Norwich to the hairdresser. The first time this year, and will go by bus as they are running almost completely empty so will probably be the only passenger from our village.

Since the start of the pandemic I have saved an absolute fortune as I realised that I don't need to go to the hairdresser every six weeks and longer hair suits me.

I have an M&S voucher so will hopefully find something nice in store. I haven't browsed around a shop since .March 2020 - so am quite looking forward to it.
Enjoy your day @Krystyna23040

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a quiet and pleasant start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken and chorizo stew and a dollop of cauliflower mash (roasted a bit to give it a bit of zing) came in at 5.4 this am.

International Bin Day here so already been out and tested the temperature - Dark Sky app has it at about 16°C - body concurs.
Not a lot yesterday but estate agent sent someone round to carry out the Energy Performance Certificate tests (looking at things and measuring rooms with a laser measure) - so that saved us £50. Zoom call later today with the GP Practice Patients Group - wonder if we know anything more about the timetable for booster jabs and flu jabs. Have to wait and see, nothing can be predicted, or even forseen, ask the sun drenched Raabster. Hope everything goes OK for Mrs A-J @alf_Josiah.

@gennepher (was it?), mentioned Hokusai's Great Wave - so here is a not so great wave moving into a tree. Have a great Mitwock - I am slurping koffy.

View attachment 50839
Yes, I did mention the Great Wave @dunelm :)

This is brilliant. And I love the delicacy of the green.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

Derek
Good result and hope you are quickly back on form.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, another of our 4k weeks has run its race yet still some forumintes trundled their bins a day early. Fi my Lord, fi. Cloudy, wet howbeit absolutely no chance of meatballs in the Pstead. The copied and pasted menu caused Swipey to chirp 4.8 or not 4,8?, that is the question before insisting I awake, arise or be forever fallen. Mixed up little bunny that one. Good news on the test result @lindisfel and promising signs on the return to full power. @Krystyna23040 have a safe bus journey, new style or just tidied hair and toddle around M and S. How the other half live:angelic: Your classes are well run as anyone reading your posts would instinctively have known. I imagine there are some proper Stetson wearing operators lurking around. @dunelm nice saving on the energy report. Rofl at Raabster, he really does have shark eyes (sans alkeroll) and is one of several absolute members in this cabinet. Oh no, I've said too much, I haven't said enough. Byee

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Photographing that cat at 1.32 am in the morning...on Pixel phone in nightsight.
I think this was the best pic.
So, in Snapseed for crop and name and frame.
Cat is leaning his face against my arm, almost adoringly...

Cat and I are having a do what we want day, when we want...and no clock watching to see tasks are done efficiently. They either are or they are not. Tomorrow can be catch up day...or not...

Cat says it's nap time, and I concur...

E9C2717E-8C43-4B25-B957-AD4C22C3E0AB.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

Derek
Great news that PCR was negative. Hopefully you are now 'on the mend ' and will be back to normal very soon.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Photographing that cat at 1.32 am in the morning...on Pixel phone in nightsight.
I think this was the best pic.
So, in Snapseed for crop and name and frame.
Cat is leaning his face against my arm, almost adoringly...

Cat and I are having a do what we want day, when we want...and no clock watching to see tasks are done efficiently. They either are or they are not. Tomorrow can be catch up day...or not...

Cat says it's nap time, and I concur...

View attachment 50840
That’s a good one

Reactions: ianpspurs

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen from lock down Tilehurst Towers.
Thank you for your best wishes to Mrs J I have passed them on.

A surprising 6.8 this morning. No comment.

This next bit of this posting has to be read in an effeminate male voice
" Disaster darlings, disaster, I over slept on national bin day, absolute disaster "

Stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen from lock down Tilehurst Towers.
Thank you for your best wishes to Mrs J I have passed them on.

A surprising 6.8 this morning. No comment.

This next bit of this posting has to be read in an effeminate male voice
" Disaster darlings, disaster, I over slept on national bin day, absolute disaster "

Stay safe.
Craig Revel Josiah. How much would shoffice space be worth in that there Tilehurst?. You could be sitting on a gold mine - or Chalfonts;)

Reactions: gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, another of our 4k weeks has run its race yet still some forumintes trundled their bins a day early. Fi my Lord, fi. Cloudy, wet howbeit absolutely no chance of meatballs in the Pstaead. The copied and pasted menu caused Swipey to chirp 4.8 or not 4,8?, that is the question before insisting I awake, arise or be forever fallen. Mixed up little bunny that one. Good news on the test result @lindisfel and promising signs on the return to full power. @Krystyna23040 have a safe bus journey, new style or just tidied hair and toddle around M and S. How the other half live:angelic: Your classes are well run as anyone reading your posts would instinctively have known. I imagine there are some proper Stetson wearing operators lurking around. @dunelm nice saving on the energy report. Rofl at Raabster, he really does have shark eyes (sans alkeroll) and is one of several absolute members in this cabinet. Oh no, I've said too much, I haven't said enough. Byee

it’s been reported @ianpspurs that the Raabster has suffered several injuries wandering in and out of Dooming Street in a series of accidents that he says "nobody could have forseen happening"

upload_2021-8-18_9-47-24.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Craig Revel Josiah. How much would shoffice space be worth in that there Tilehurst?. You could be sitting on a gold mine - or Chalfonts;)

I have just read this reply to Mrs J, she is still chuckling away, in between snorting flames in my direction, for your edification I don't have an office, I have a shed / workshop / hiding place.

Reactions: SlimLizzy

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
it’s been reported @ianpspurs that the Raabster has suffered several injuries wandering in and out of Dooming Street in a series of accidents that he says "nobody could have forseen happening"

View attachment 50841
Priceless but sadly so very on point. As fine a collection of useless Crown and Anchor regulars as one has ever seen in power but not in charge. No siree bob, we were never responsible for any of that. We are as amazed as you. Most egregious culprits, besides Wooster, are those who penned Britania unchained. Dom C's thesis that they are only there to make W seem less of a cluster jobby is becoming more evident daily. Yes, Oliver, yes.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
I am afraid its bad news for the population on the vaccine front with a third jab necessary.
It looks like the third world are not going to get the necessary protection.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.1 today

I was convinced pressed 'post' yesterday but the forum says apparently not :sorry: never mind

another shopping day managed ( Scotland still mandates masks), and the smelly bin has been emptied on schedule so that's progress, on the other hand we will not be volunteering tomorrow because someone on the charity staff has been in contact with someone who has now tested positive :( so they have stood down all the volunteers for this week. Makes good sense ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - that fybro group sounds horrible now, so regimented and unfriendly :sorry:
I like your minimal but charming portraits of Popeye :)

@alf_Josiah - hope things go well for mrs aJ :)

@lindisfel - Good news on the test and I'm glad you're improving :)

@dunelm - Lovely weeping willow, so much volume and movement in that foliage :) and I do like your Hokusai inspired composition :joyful:

art bit - bit of a disaster this one :sorry: , It's based on a photo of light on the sea and I didn't wait long enough for it to dry before working on the sky so it's ended up looking like the aliens are beaming something up :hilarious: interesting but not quite what I had in mind, I shall have another try at some point ;)
upload_2021-8-18_19-19-34.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am afraid its bad news for the population on the vaccine front with a third jab necessary.
It looks like the third world are not going to get the necessary protection.

Had a zoom call with our PPG this evening. Both our CCG and NHS England do not seem to know if we are doing boosters or not at present.WHO have asked what the evidence is for boosters, Govt is saying it will go ahead in Sept and JVCI are saying if we get the Pfizer vax then we can’t move them from one freezer to another, smashing. Also boosters will be given in conjunction with flue jabs. So - we have decided that we need to protect patients from flue - we receive 2750 flue jabs the week beginning 13 Sep and will decant our GP surgery to a nearby surgical hub just in case we get lumbered with Pfizer at the last minute. Our flu vaccines will start on Sat 18th Sep and then each Saturday for the next four weeks. Nothing seems straight forward in the NHS.

lindisfel

Expert
Had a zoom call with our PPG this evening. Both our CCG and NHS England do not seem to know if we are doing boosters or not at present.WHO have asked what the evidence is for boosters, Govt is saying it will go ahead in Sept and JVCI are saying if we get the Pfizer vax then we can’t move them from one freezer to another, smashing. Also boosters will be given in conjunction with flue jabs. So - we have decided that we need to protect patients from flue - we receive 2750 flue jabs the week beginning 13 Sep and will decant our GP surgery to a nearby surgical hub just in case we get lumbered with Pfizer at the last minute. Our flu vaccines will start on Sat 18th Sep and then each Saturday for the next four weeks. Nothing seems straight forward in the NHS.

It gets even more complicated I had a text last week saying I can book a flu jab at our pharmacy!
They must have a plan like the one they had in Afghanistan.

The problem is they don't even know how to be embarrassed!
D.

lindisfel

Expert
good evening all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.1 today

I was convinced pressed 'post' yesterday but the forum says apparently not :sorry: never mind

another shopping day managed ( Scotland still mandates masks), and the smelly bin has been emptied on schedule so that's progress, on the other hand we will not be volunteering tomorrow because someone on the charity staff has been in contact with someone who has now tested positive :( so they have stood down all the volunteers for this week. Makes good sense ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - that fybro group sounds horrible now, so regimented and unfriendly :sorry:
I like your minimal but charming portraits of Popeye :)

@alf_Josiah - hope things go well for mrs aJ :)

@lindisfel - Good news on the test and I'm glad you're improving :)

@dunelm - Lovely weeping willow, so much volume and movement in that foliage :) and I do like your Hokusai inspired composition :joyful:

art bit - bit of a disaster this one :sorry: , It's based on a photo of light on the sea and I didn't wait long enough for it to dry before working on the sky so it's ended up looking like the aliens are beaming something up :hilarious: interesting but not quite what I had in mind, I shall have another try at some point ;)
View attachment 50844

It would finish the job nicely if you added Neptune, half out water, poking a hole in the sky with his trident!;)