What came in the post for you today?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Lamont D man, I order from Amazon twice a week at least!

All my familys children (7 grandkids) have their birthdays between October and January. And of course there is Christmas, so I would imagine the wife will be busy ordering all manner of topical items.
We actually ordered coffee for the father in law machine last night, so that is due this weekend! No mail today as yet but our postie is liable to put my post in the neighbouring houses!

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yeasterday there was a Iron Maiden pint glass for hubby's upcoming 50th birthday from his son

oh and a wonderful preview of the autumn range in Matalan, hmmmm nothing for an old fart like me

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think my sleepy Oleg teddy has arrived. I cant open it because I know hubby has been ordering some stuff and dont want to open it by mistake.

Also a mobile SIM and what looks like an appointment for hubby, probably his warfarin clinic

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We've had lots of random post recently. All of it has been ordered but it has included stocking fillers for the family via the great and wonderful ebay and amazon

I've got my eye on temporary tattoos to go with my more than real ones

Reactions: Cumberland

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
We won't get post today - it's Sunday!

And I order from Amazon at least once a month.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had box of medical dressings from Independence Australia that cost me a arm and leg (not subsidised), ordered Monday from Brisbane and delivered here in the Wide Bay area yesterday morning.

Amazon Australia is pretty quick with their prime delivery's, the last thing I got from them was a Llama wool poncho with a hoodie arrived in three days.

Reactions: TooSweetForMe

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
We get our daily newspaper in the mail, so I got that and my mom's monthly drug bill. $17 - not bad!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nice letter from an old friend now living in Hawaii. I am expecting an Amazon delivery sometime this evening or tomorrow.

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
We got our daily newspaper, and two catalogs. Expecting Amazon tomorrow and Wednesday. Getting a Fitbit Inspire 2 and a set of 3 clips for my birthday.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
a box of covid tests - both hubby and son tested positive end of last week. New ones on standby if I follow the germy pair

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The appointment letter for routine breast scan...
At which every female of a certain age goes "ouch" and grimaces

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The appointment letter for routine breast scan...
I feel for you, good luck, and have a hug in advance!
At which every female of a certain age goes "ouch" and grimaces
Not exactly identifying as female, but having breasts nonetheless. Have had a mammogram once, caused me six months of regular nightmares of being stuck in the machine with the tech down with a heart attack or such, or a power outage causing the thing to not let go of me again.
So no 'ouch and grimace' for me, just a plain nope.

Empty mailbox today, but I've been finding mail for my neighbour lately. He's in the process of moving to a trailer in my garden. Not sure if our mailman is very up to date or if it's the neighbours transferring his mail to my mailbox.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No ouch for me either. Nope!

Today I received 24 cans of cat food and a lamp that I had to buy to replace an identical lamp whose USB port broke. :(

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
regular nightmares of being stuck in the machine with the tech down with a heart attack or such, or a power outage causing the thing to not let go of me again.
That's a mental image I could have done without! Thanks

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That's a mental image I could have done without! Thanks
Ooooh, I'm sorry! Shouldn't have told you my nightmares until after your appointment :bag:.
Too late for consolation now I'm afraid, but those things don't really happen, I'm sure there's some safety system in place.

It's just I was so shocked by the experience and the unexpected fear; I went in thinking no big deal, and walked out with months of nightmares.
It wasn't even the pain, that was expected, but I didn't expect to be so afraid.
But that's coming from someone who lives with an unlocked and usually wide open front door at all times, so I'm not average when it comes to feeling locked up :)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got two walking stick tips on Tuesday from Amazon Au, they are made in China and cost $5.00 and free Prime postage. :D

cCO6khn.jpg

Reactions: MrsA2 and Antje77

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Today, we received two boxes of white wine.
And a leaflet from a local pizza place that was quickly dispatched to the recycle bin.
We only ordered one box and have paid for only one box. I like free gifts!

Reactions: MrsA2 and Antje77