"What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yay! I finally found this thread! :) The original ‘what you have eaten’ thread isn’t being well used these days :(
So here’s my menu from today, a bit of a foodie day, went shopping in another city so had lunch out and ate dinner in the evening too :wideyed: Also had a new low carb food stuff arrive today, while I was out!
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch at Nando’s: 4 x boneless chicken thighs, coleslaw and broccoli with Coke Zero.
Mid afternoon at coffee shop: coconut cappuccino and a Fibre one bar.
Dinner: cauliflower cheese and roasted veggies with a slice of bread (yes you heard me right, first bread in around 3 plus years) followed by SF cherry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.
Website address for bread: https://lowcarbfood.co/

Sorry, edit to add, I should thank @Riva_Roxaban for his help to find this thread

View attachment 50845

This thread is usually pretty quiet as well. Recently it has become a little more active, but before that I was talking to myself for a long time.

mouseee

I need to make my self a regular poster to keep myself on track! And this seems a good one! If I had to put what I'd eaten at the moment I don't think I'd like it!
Hopefully you won't have to talk to yourself anymore!

Reactions: Rachox

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Am too ashamed to post what I have been eating...

mouseee

I have eaten ok today but not perfectly. Lots of exercise though.

Just finished spreading 3 tons of gravel on our front garden which has been exhausting but looks lovely.
We moved house 6 months ago and bought for the first time in years so we're doing bits and pieces to it.

Also went for a walk in my new walking boots to walk them in. They, almost but not quite replace the pair I've had for 30 years! We now live in a fairly rural area so I had a great walk enjoying the bit of sun there was and walking new footpaths into thr countryside around the village. Felt very contented.

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve had a stressful day, but blood sugars have stayed normal. My daughter is moving to London tomorrow having graduated this year, to start her first ‘adult’ job. So have spent the day helping her pack and take stuff to charity shops!
Food my normal regimen.
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: spag bog with Slim Pasta followed by SF cherry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola. I opened the Slim Pasta with trepidation as I’d heard it smells fishy. Yes it did smell fishy but only very mildly (and my sense of smell is right back to normal after Covid), once I’d rinsed it and heated it it was fine.

Reactions: Annb and Antje77

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Entirely Off Topic - but has anyone in UK seen wine bottles like these?
Clue: look at the corks.
20210819_214913.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Entirely Off Topic - but has anyone in UK seen wine bottles like these?
Clue: look at the corks.View attachment 50857

Not wine bottles but we do have (somewhere) some very old containers - huge glass jars with glass lids which I think would once have had a cork lining. Not sure what they were supposed to contain but I used them for things like lentils and rice.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought the other thread was for the food and diabetes related chat, and this was for when we go off topic??? We used to get our knuckles rapped for too much of the latter

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought the other thread was for the food and diabetes related chat, and this was for when we go off topic??? We used to get our knuckles rapped for too much of the latter

That's why I post to both threads now, and try to stay on topic for what I have eaten. Sometimes some other chat slips in still though. It's a bit sparse to just report Breakfast: Lunch: Dinner:

Had my official letter back today - no diabetes related changes to my eyes. I knew it anyway, but glad they couldn't see anything more than the optician.

Em's meal turned out well - she did most of it with Granny as her kitchen assistant. But she suddenly thought she should make something to mark the day and started "crafting" a tiny model for her parents. So I ended up whisking the white sauce to make sure there were no lumps, and then putting everything into containers for transporting to home. Huge amounts of dishes to wash - the dishwasher is full and running and there's another sink full to be done. Em's not good at clearing up. Neil is the only one who insists that she closes gates, picks up things she's dropped, puts her jacket and school bag where no-one will trip over it etc. She does it quite willingly when he tells her, but never thinks of it for herself.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Long day for me yesterday, moving my daughter to London, so early start followed by a nightmare drive through London to her new house. Loads of physical stuff, unloading the car, building her sofa, walk to the local shops x 2 for basics, unpacking a rolled mattress tightly packed in a huge cardboard box!
Then a nightmare suggestion of Dominoes takeaway when all the work was done :wideyed: I had a blood sugar of 4.6, so risked a box of chicken wings and nipped to the shop for strawberries and cream.

PS I didn’t do a post chicken wings blood sugar as I was driving on the M40 home by then!

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It's 2.45 am and I'm up again after getting about 2 hours sleep. Legs driving me mad, so I couldn't stay where I was. Took Co-codamol and had a cup of tea and just waiting for it to take effect.

I've put the dishwasher on with last night's dishes, which I was very slow to get filled, so it was too late to put it on before bed-time.

Shortly I'll be putting on the washing machine to get the washing done for the day - I was thinking of watching "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" which is usually on in the early hours but not today. I did find an edition of "Have I got news for you" which is running just now to keep me company. This time is when I use TV most - just something to occupy my mind while waiting for my next attempt at sleep. But I've decided to have a little chat with you guys as well. Trouble is, there's nothing much to chat about...

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
2 am and I'm up again. I have taken pain killers and expect to be able to get back to bed in about an hour and see what happens then. Again, no "triple D" on TV - but an edition of Hairy Bikers in Britain which I've seen before. Last time I saw it, I was puzzled by a brief reference to "Hodge Bags" in a butcher's shop in Derbyshire but couldn't find anything about it online. Just tried again, but can't find anything. It looked like some kind of offal. Has anyone heard of it and know what it is?

I'll have to stay up for a while now - I've put the dishwasher on to clear everything from this afternoon and evening's cooking and I shan't go back to bed while it's running.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
HODGE BAGS - might be another name for some kind of chitterling. I have a feeling that my mother cooked chitterlings when we were kids, but I can't remember. The image in my mind is not the same as the one shown in the Hairy Bikers programme, but if that is what they are it could be from a different animal - perhaps a cow. Don't really fancy the idea, considering warnings about e-coli etc.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb I’ve just seen on the other thread that Em’s family are getting a St Bernard to go with their Newfie and Lab? Goodness me, the original two dogs would be a handful but 3 huge dogs!! I love big dogs too but I’d never be that brave. I’m also not that keen on slobber - I could cope with shedding fur, or slobber but not both.
I do admire their optimism and I’d love to see a photo when they have all 3 together.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Long day for me yesterday, moving my daughter to London, so early start followed by a nightmare drive through London to her new house. Loads of physical stuff, unloading the car, building her sofa, walk to the local shops x 2 for basics, unpacking a rolled mattress tightly packed in a huge cardboard box!
Then a nightmare suggestion of Dominoes takeaway when all the work was done :wideyed: I had a blood sugar of 4.6, so risked a box of chicken wings and nipped to the shop for strawberries and cream.

PS I didn’t do a post chicken wings blood sugar as I was driving on the M40 home by then!

Probably as well not to test, you couldn’t have done much about it. I had KFC wings once and they didn’t have too much of an effect so hopefully the Dominoes ones would be similar. All the physical stuff would have helped considerably too. ( I always cheer myself up when I’m doing any heavy lifting or anything strenuous thinking ‘This’ll be doing my BG good!’

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@Annb I’ve just seen on the other thread that Em’s family are getting a St Bernard to go with their Newfie and Lab? Goodness me, the original two dogs would be a handful but 3 huge dogs!! I love big dogs too but I’d never be that brave. I’m also not that keen on slobber - I could cope with shedding fur, or slobber but not both.
I do admire their optimism and I’d love to see a photo when they have all 3 together.

The Lab is a fairly elderly girl and doesn't need a lead, or want to run very much. She just patiently accepts the teenage behaviour of the newfie. Not sure how she'll react to the new one, who is younger. Both Banksie and Bella are good natured and friendly. I just hope the new girl will be the same. My son, who usually takes Banksie on the lead, assures me that Em's big brother is now big and strong enough to make sure he can keep the dog under control. I grumbled that, by now, Banksie should be walking to heel and not requiring someone strong to hold him back. They could do with Neil's help in training him - he has a very good way with dogs and cats - even animals are in awe of him.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been awol for 24 hours, because I’m in hospital. I had been poorly over the weekend and yesterday I was no better so got an emergency GP appt. face to face :wideyed: Anyway long story short I have a kidney stone, ouch! Have an operation tomorrow to sort it out. At least I don’t have to worry about the non existent choice of low carb breakfast as I’ll be nil by mouth! :joyful::hilarious:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been awol for 24 hours, because I’m in hospital. I had been poorly over the weekend and yesterday I was no better so got an emergency GP appt. face to face :wideyed: Anyway long story short I have a kidney stone, ouch! Have an operation tomorrow to sort it out. At least I don’t have to worry about the non existent choice of low carb breakfast as I’ll be nil by mouth! :joyful::hilarious:
Hope it all goes well. Are the usual treatments not some form of zapping to break the stone up?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Take care Rachox do hope all goes well tomorrow lots of rest needed. Hugs on the way

(Mod edit)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DJC3