New M&S crackers

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
E11790A1-0405-4A21-89F7-FE0A1988D045.jpeg

Anyone tried these little crackers, really nice, tasty and crunchy and 3.9 g carb for the whole box! Very filling though so you’d be pushed to eat them all at once

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I've been recommending them for weeks, but they can be difficult to find in stores as lots of people seem to be buying multiple packs at one time. I wonder who? ;)

They just add a nice crunch under pate or cheese.
I'd like to try replicating them but can't work out how they get them to stick together

Reactions: EllieM

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 50810
Anyone tried these little crackers, really nice, tasty and crunchy and 3.9 g carb for the whole box! Very filling though so you’d be pushed to eat them all at once
They really look quite interesting. I did go and check as it seems amazing they can do them for carbs that low but certainly seems they are. Now, wonder how to get some to try!

Now just need proper size cake that is the same :) (Dont say deliciously guilt free as granted they are low carb they are also in my opinion expensive and small)

OB87

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, I've been recommending them for weeks, but they can be difficult to find in stores as lots of people seem to be buying multiple packs at one time. I wonder who? ;)

I'd like to try replicating them but can't work out how they get them to stick together
I brought some after seeing a post from you about them and they are delicious! Love them with some cheese spread on as a snack at night. Always get a great fasting level next morning too.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

They are nice - looking closely at them they look like they are probably rolled under high pressure when hot and stamped out, because of this the psyllium powder, the oils from the seeds and fruit extract probably help with the binding together - also noted they are made in South Africa! not a small carbon footprint if you care about that kind of thing

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 50810

Thank you for the recommendation @lovinglife , I just found them in our local M&S Simply Food store, they are very tasty with some Brie on top :hungry:
0AF66FCE-5E0E-4A90-90C0-04BC39043EAD.jpeg

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can everyone stop buying them until I manage to get some!

Gracie204

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought two packets of them today, but haven't tried them yet. There were plenty more left on the shelf, Mr Pot!

Gracie204

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had four of them spread with Kerry Gold butter and Chipotle Chilli Cheddar piled on the top, and they really hit the button. It's the toppings that lift them to another level, otherwise they are just a small but healthy low carb cracker. However, containing 90% seeds, sunflower, sesame, and linseed, they must be good for us.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, they are pretty bland and even cardboard like... but it's lovely to have something crunchy and crisp that is truly low carb, and relatively low processed as most of the seeds are whole.
Yes they are pricy (£1.80) compared to normal crackers but cheaper than if they were labelled "keto". Don't whatever you do tell M&S!!!!

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Thanks for the recommendation. I bought two packets yesterday and had some with butter and Comte cheese. A great find! I notice that they are made in South Africa which probably contributes to the high price.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Will be begging my son in UK to try and find these. He shops in M&S. We are visiting soon and won't have a lot of time for shopping.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the recommendation, bought a couple of packs today. Had two crackers with butter and some Lancashire cheese, just what I’ve been looking for! Great low carb snack.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can anyone tell me if these crackers are gluten free please. ?[/QUOTE

They don’t seem gluten free, sorry :(
The allergens say not suitable for NUT, PEANUT, MILK, WHEAT, EGG, SOYA, MUSTARD ALLERGY SUFFERS AND CELIACS

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I went into M&S yesterday for a top up of these crackers, guess what, they’ve run out! Grr!