What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

Trying to stay fairly local since covid cases are on the rise in Scotland.
An indulgent day in some ways, mr gee and I went out to lunch again :D the local village cafe in a nearby village having a 'pensioners special' and serving good food. With care I can manage to select a lowish carb dinner :) Mum usually goes with us but she had an appt. at the hairdresser's today.

the 'special' is that you get either a pud. or a bowl of soup and coffee / tea included for the same price as the main course. They do make very indulgent puddings (too sweet for our LCish modified palates though), and they will give you the soup 'to go' if you request it so we usually go for that option, they include a small plain homemade scone and butter with the soup too so Mum usually gets mine ;)

Over to mum's for a cuppa and a game of 'fetch' with Katy afterwards then I spent most of the remaining afternoon winding hanks of knitting wool into balls for Mum.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - the GiB is keeping you running :hilarious: I do like today's tree and I'm glad you're continuing the series. I enjoy how you have rendered the foliage and bark especially :)

@RFSMarch - keeping fingers crossed for your contract :)

@alf_Josiah - good news that mrs aj's op went well and she is safely home :)

@gennepher - that cloudy sky and silhouette have made for an interesting composition, very pleasing :)

art bit - was looking at some wood cut prints and hence the form of the sky

upload_2021-8-20_20-27-52.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.4 today

An indulgent day in some ways, mr gee and I went out to lunch again :D the local village cafe in a nearby village having a 'pensioners special' and serving good food. With care I can manage to select a lowish carb dinner :) Mum usually goes with us but she had an appt. at the hairdresser's today.

the 'special' is that you get either a pud. or a bowl of soup and coffee / tea included for the same price as the main course. They do make very indulgent puddings (too sweet for our LCish modified palates though), and they will give you the soup 'to go' if you request it so we usually go for that option, they include a small plain homemade scone and butter with the soup too so Mum usually gets mine ;)

Over to mum's for a cuppa and a game of 'fetch' with Katy afterwards then I spent most of the remaining afternoon winding hanks of knitting wool into balls for Mum.

@dunelm - the GiB is keeping you running :hilarious: I do like today's tree and I'm glad you're continuing the series. I enjoy how you have rendered the foliage and bark especially :)

@gennepher - that cloudy sky and silhouette have made for an interesting composition, very pleasing :)

View attachment 50868
Thanks @geefull

I can see the influence of wood prints :)
A beautiful painting.

Reactions: ianpspurs

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Not seen those @SlimLizzy - not sure why you would need them mind, I just chuck our empty bottles into the recycling bin.
I think it's exactly that. The stoppers are glass and can be recycled along with the bottles. I suspect a number of bottles are recycled with cork of one kind or another in place and probably have to be removed to prevent them contaminating the glass.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We had a lovely walk around the woods at Oxburgh Hall and a delicious salmon and veggie lunch at the 20 Church Wardens. @ianpspurs unfortunately no avocado, but still delicious.

Then I relaxed the rest of the day. Caught up on reading, did more walking, pilates, press ups etc, drank lots of coffee and did absolutely no admin. So a really lovely day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

View attachment 50868
Thank you @geefull and your pensioners special cafe sounds spot on. I like the patterns in your wood cut inspired painting, they remind me of the patterns in the sand as the tide goes out
Tha

Reactions: ianpspurs

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
FBG 6.5
This is high for me, perhaps due to having dessert last night?
Or, another possibility, DP.
Woke in the night, bathroom call, but near neighbours had been partying and music was still playing. Quietly, could only hear the beat, but disturbing. Am now of the opinion they forgot to turn it off as was still playing until few mins ago. So had been up for several hours before testing FBG
Weight 51.3kg up a bit.
Errant is weighing at 4.1kg this week.
He has been stable for several weeks. But i still think he needs to lose a bit more. MrSlim and I are booked for a short visit to the UK next week. So am off to the market to buy Garlic, by request, for Auntie and a birthday present for my eldest grandaughter.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another wonderful garden watered start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of cod and fish related green things came home at 5.4 this am

Back playing up so a really good stomp down the beach yesterday - luckily the tide was well on the way out or it would have been up the prom where there are far too many distractions; bungee jumping, hoop-la, candy floss, swings, bouncy castles.
Turned out to be quite a warm day. My left ear has now decided to start crying over some slight and has now closed up, is a bit weepy and quite painful. Good grief, my body is turning out to be a Friday afternoon body - probably based on a Zephyr Zodiac but without the two tone paint job. Never mind, I am sure it will sort itself out. Mr Pickle has just completed a coaching course run by two trainers from Real Madrid - 60 students and he gets the trainers top award and a chance (slim, but a chance) to go to Madrid to see a match, have a tour of the stadium and participate in their junior training sessions.

Tree tops today - no, not that fancy hotel in Kenya (you can only stay for one night after all - blooming cheek) - no, tops of trees - confusing as fork handles. Have a wonderful pain free day if you can. Lovely cold brisket sandwiches available online from Norfolk. Time for a koffy.

upload_2021-8-21_7-40-14.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 6.5
Woke in the night, bathroom call, but near neighbours had been partying and music was still playing. Quietly, could only hear the beat, but disturbing. Am now of the opinion they forgot to turn it off as was still playing until few mins ago. So had been up for several hours before testing FBG
Weight 51.3kg up a bit.
He has been stable for several weeks. But i still think he needs to lose a bit more. MrSlim and I are booked for a short visit to the UK next week. So am off to the market to buy Garlic, by request, for Auntie and a birthday present for my eldest grandaughter.
All the best with the travel plans and hope that they go smoothly for you.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another wonderful garden watered start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of cod and fish related green things came home at 5.4 this am

Back playing up so a really good stomp down the beach yesterday - luckily the tide was well on the way out or it would have been up the prom where there are far too many distractions; bungee jumping, hoop-la, candy floss, swings, bouncy castles.
Turned out to be quite a warm day. My left ear has now decided to start crying over some slight and has now closed up, is a bit weepy and quite painful. Good grief, my body is turning out to be a Friday afternoon body - probably based on a Zephyr Zodiac but without the two tone paint job. Never mind, I am sure it will sort itself out. Mr Pickle has just completed a coaching course run by two trainers from Real Madrid - 60 students and he gets the trainers top award and a chance (slim, but a chance) to go to Madrid to see a match, have a tour of the stadium and participate in their junior training sessions.

Tree tops today - no, not that fancy hotel in Kenya (you can only stay for one night after all - blooming cheek) - no, tops of trees - confusing as fork handles. Have a wonderful pain free day if you can. Lovely cold brisket sandwiches available online from Norfolk. Time for a koffy.

View attachment 50870
Tree tops are brilliant @dunelm
My sparrows would absolutely love them.

Gentle hugs for the poor ear...
Hope it gets better quickly.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 6.5
Weight 51.3kg up a bit.
I hope all goes well @SlimLizzy

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

Pouring with watery stuff here...
Too wet to risk my phone for a photo.
So, what is near my bed?
A lamp!
So a photo of my bedside lamp, put through Snapseed's grunge effect, and hey presto, you get this.
I did try the cat first, but he turned his back to me. Sigh...
I had big plans for this morning, but the rain scuppered them...
Take care...

ADBC2E9B-A8F0-4A56-B23D-3708277E19F7.jpeg

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A lovely 5 number this morning with a 5.6 :). Heavy rain here at the moment so maybe will have to refrain from my 5 mile a day walk .

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

Pouring with watery stuff here...
Too wet to risk my phone for a photo.
So, what is near my bed?
A lamp!
So a photo of my bedside lamp, put through Snapseed's grunge effect, and hey presto, you get this.
I did try the cat first, but he turned his back to me. Sigh...
I had big plans for this morning, but the rain scuppered them...
Take care...

View attachment 50872
Same here re the rain ...joys of Wales eh lol

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today. Off to a food festival today (booked before diagnosis)!
I can still sniff food right? Hehe

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. As rain is forecast I will do some work sorting out new exercises to teach over the Autumn. I learnt so much new stuff on my courses this year and I need to make sure I am teaching them properly.

Dog walk done and will relax with a coffee and yesterday's 'i' before starting work. Must also, of course, do the daily Suduko and perhaps some ma jong before I start work.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 5.3 this morning on that scheming meter of deception and naughtiness.

Here in Tilehurst Towers me and me's are not sure about today, but me and me's will have more of an idea about today by, say bedtime tonight.

Stay safe, stay apart.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all on "Bear Hunt" Saturday in an arid Forest Heath. Top chance of rain 70% between 18.00 and 19.00 - best water then. 5.4 on Swipey - not even in the same postcode as acceptable for <1700 cals, <15 gms carb. There were 152 gms protein in two blocks. An 80 gms block came back to start point by 2 hrs but went stratospheric meantime. Libre gives a way better picture than stabbo*. The protein mainly came from whey isolate (in the porridge) and a clean protein bar immediately afterwards so a rethink is needed - the 0% Greek yog, flaxseed, inulin and chia protein porridge stays. The Bear Hunt? I'm convinced the higher protein is essential, other data is where I need. The "real food" options are unappealing as they come with too much fat (which = calories) for my current output - all tied up with this move and COVID. Can't go round it, can't go under it etc. Do I hold off joining a gym until jab No 3 or is it best overall to trust their management?. Home gym won't materialise for some time - that area is still a warehouse. Now, hugs for the rain, early waking @SlimLizzy, ear and back @dunelm and scuppered plans @gennepher . :woot: @mojo37 for the string of great fbgs, @Krystyna23040 for the walk, meal and active rest day and Mr Pickle for the talent, application thereof and opportunity to train with Real Madrid. Give my regards to Gareth if you see him. Also to Mrs A J of Tilehusrt fame, whose husband is busy being Kim and Aggy rolled into one.
*How much detail do the graphs from Libre give on an iPad? I abhor Apple but phone and chromebook are so "clunky" for fitbit and no go for Libre

Last edited: