Smart watch alarm notifications

Lisa69free

I started using the Libre 2 last week and I thought at work it would be great if I could be notified on my watch if going hypo. I ordered a new watch in the hope of getting it to link.
Tonight I have been messing with my old Samsung Galaxy Active watch and yay I got a hypo alarm. I've already ordered a new Garmin watch for that purpose plus being able to see readings directly on it (with a bit of geeky jiggery-pokery).
Does anyone else use a watch to see current readings? What apps and what watches do you have please?

Reactions: Antje77

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I started using the Libre 2 last week and I thought at work it would be great if I could be notified on my watch if going hypo. I ordered a new watch in the hope of getting it to link.
Tonight I have been messing with my old Samsung Galaxy Active watch and yay I got a hypo alarm. I've already ordered a new Garmin watch for that purpose plus being able to see readings directly on it (with a bit of geeky jiggery-pokery).
Does anyone else use a watch to see current readings? What apps and what watches do you have please?
I use my Samsung... Some watches will be easier than others

Samsung/apple and wearos watches will offer greater choice as they are true smart watches

Garmin fitbit etc will have less options as they are fitness trackers with limited 'smart' features

5a88e910a6d4669558556d11a043b4b3.jpg

Lisa69free

I use my Samsung... Some watches will be easier than others

Samsung/apple and wearos watches will offer greater choice as they are true smart watches

Garmin fitbit etc will have less options as they are fitness trackers with limited 'smart' features

5a88e910a6d4669558556d11a043b4b3.jpg
Can you advise me on how to with my Samsung active watch please? I've tried finding Diabox but links seem to have been removed.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Can you advise me on how to with my Samsung active watch please? I've tried finding Diabox but links seem to have been removed.
Goto the bubblan website or join the diabox FB group a d as to get it they can advise

I think they had an issue due to including functions they shouldnt

Diabox isn't the only option though especially if on android

Xdrip being the most common one

Lisa69free

Goto the bubblan website or join the diabox FB group a d as to get it they can advise

I think they had an issue due to including functions they shouldnt

Diabox isn't the only option though especially if on android

Xdrip being the most common one
Thanks, I've joined a group for nightscout and it all looks very technical. Just hoped someone would be able to explain in laymen's terms lol. Do I need a computer to initiate something or can it all be configured by phone?

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Did I say nightscout??

So start by getting the xdrip plus app and join the xdrip plus group

Xdrip can connect directly to the libre2 getting data every 5 minutes

Then you can install g-watch which will send the data from xdrip to the watch.. No nightscout needed... Although there are benefits to it

Lisa69free

Did I say nightscout??

So start by getting the xdrip plus app and join the xdrip plus group

Xdrip can connect directly to the libre2 getting data every 5 minutes

Then you can install g-watch which will send the data from xdrip to the watch.. No nightscout needed... Although there are benefits to it
No you didn't, I have probably been looking at a more lengthy way and thank you

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Follow info page and get apk

Then on that page click get latest apk

Apk is the installer file for android so you'll open that file and install

Lisa69free

A bit scared now. Found a setting that said if you click yes you could damage your sensor. Not good trying to do things with grandkids around lol. I'll try later

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
A bit scared now. Found a setting that said if you click yes you could damage your sensor. Not good trying to do things with grandkids around lol. I'll try later
I don't have libre so can't help with that one.. the xdrip page can help

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You can try uploading & installing the apk from here..
Click on the latest 2021-08-20 apk version here.. https://sirius.thetaphi.de/diabox/

Actually, I've just updated mine with the latest apk. Some nice new touches with it.
I've also just updated mine but I'm still having issues with the app being very slow. (In fact so slow to react I can't even see if there are new features.)

I wasn't sure which link to choose though, so I randomly chose the third one. Should I try one of the others?

upload_2021-8-22_13-50-43.png

Lisa69free

I've also just updated mine but I'm still having issues with the app being very slow. (In fact so slow to react I can't even see if there are new features.)

I wasn't sure which link to choose though, so I randomly chose the third one. Should I try one of the others?

View attachment 50885
Thank you so much. Up and running. Sensor give 4 loss of signal alarms during an hour's walk which doesn't usually happen but I guess as long as I can scan as soon as it alerts me that's ok.

Reactions: Jaylee and Antje77

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

View attachment 50885

I had the 21-04-29 build installed.
Then did the latest "third one."

It's only been a couple of hours with the update for me. Seems to be running smooth on my device..