Cooking???

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
So you like eating as long as 'the wife' does all the cooking for you, but her interest in cooking is a waste of time/boring?
I can only hope that you are deliberately trying to wind us up.

Please don't refer to her as 'the wife'
We have been together for 25 years and she knows of my loathing of cooking and people talking about food all of the time.
She made tea (i'm from up north) on Saturday and sunday and it was delightful.
I appreciate what she does and tell her so every day every week.
It works for us and I could list all the things I do for her/us.

Thinking about it people think us a bit odd as we seem to look at life differently to others but it works for us.

Happy Monday

Tony

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Up North we have roast dinner for tea :)
Carol

5Terry

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being alone and having little or no money to enjoy the hobbies I like to do.
Well, I am not a great cook as I have had to devlope the cooking skils that I have over the past 8 years or more, due to the fact that my mother would let me into the kitichen at the time.

But now I have been diagnosed T2 early this year, I am having to learn to cook from fresh more instead of relieing on processed foods, but I am getting there, but it is a up hill battle, ( I have noticed my grocery bill has incresed).

I have currently have four favourites on the book that I like to do. Two with chicken and two with beef, the last time I did pork or lamp I had upset stomach for the next day.

I do think that schools should reinstate home economics (cooking lessions) as it should be part of the school curriculum., as kids today are not taught to cook by there parents just go out and buy something from the local super market.(Other vendors available).

Terry

D

Deleted member 543160

My mother was a very good cook , but never taught me, so as I didn't want to live permanently on raw food, I had to aquire that skill myself. I was lucky enough to find an excellent tutorial type domestic science cookery book, which gave me the confidence to experiment in the kitchen. I'll never be as good as my late mum, but I've spent a lifetime now cooking DIY meals, which made it plain sailing when I converted to my low carb/keto diet.

Up North we have roast dinner for tea :)
Carol
Yes, I remember having dinner at "lunch" time and tea at "dinner" time... When I moves down south I had to learn a whole new mealtime language! o_O:wacky::eek: