Giggling Squid - Thai restaurant

El_em

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello!

I’ll be eating out at a Thai chain called giggling squid later this week and very curious about others experiences with lower carb items or managing their sugar with things from the menu. I’m type 1 and particularly trying to stay on top of my blood sugar at the moment and worried about some nightmares I’ve had with Thai food in the past (shame as I love it!). Any tips would be greatly recommended- there’s no nutritional info on their menu or website. Cheers!

APACJoe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello!

I’ll be eating out at a Thai chain called giggling squid later this week and very curious about others experiences with lower carb items or managing their sugar with things from the menu. I’m type 1 and particularly trying to stay on top of my blood sugar at the moment and worried about some nightmares I’ve had with Thai food in the past (shame as I love it!). Any tips would be greatly recommended- there’s no nutritional info on their menu or website. Cheers!

Soups are best, dependent on the amount of spice [prik] used. Tom Yum with prawns is great. Meat salad like Laab Moo [pork diced] is super. Jasmine rice and the sticky rice makes my BG spike, but little amounts perhaps.

Almost all curries come with coconut milk [green, red, massaman etc.]

(Formatting edited by mod).

Last edited by a moderator: