Getting back on track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach612

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to clarify I’m not asking for medical advice. My baby is 9 months now. I was on steroids for 3 months of the pregnancy as had hyperemesis gravidarum. Then I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and had to take insulin for my fasting numbers. My post-meals were always fine up until I had to get steroid shots for my baby in hospital were I ended up on insulin for them too. Anyway after the birth I quickly lost 2 1/2 stone as I read as soon as you are diagnosed a type 2 diabetic loose 2 1/2 stone as quick as possible by doing a low carb diet and intermittent fasting which I did. (Although I hadn’t been officially diagnosed) so at 13 weeks PP my HBA1c was 22mmol/l. Think it went up a few weeks later to 28. Fast forward to now I had an HBA1c a few days ago and it was 32mmol/l but my numbers aren’t normal. They are the same as the people on this forum if not sometimes worse. My a1c went up 2 in 9 days and that in all fairness was me sabotaging myself as I had been doing keto 2 meals a day 4 total carbs per day or less including fibre typical 2 meals breakfast 3 egg ommlette with 5g block mild cheddar cheese half an hour walk lunch chicken thigh with skin and/or drumstick, 10g butter lettuce with extra virgin olive which still was giving me high numbers overnight and I still wasn’t back at pre meal at the 2 hour mark mostly or before bed even though i walked for half an hour after I ate those 2 meals. I was trying to keep my numbers in the 4.5’s at all time private endro impressed my numbers were flat except for sometimes overnight but my a1c was normal and even though I had symptoms but you are not a diabetic he said. I was just hungry I had some bread and cereal. Fast forward to now and all my symptoms the same. Dry itchy skin hair loss, blurry eyes, fungal toe nail infection swollen feet. Please see attached overnights figures. on dexcom was 7.1 for a fasting blood when I got downstairs but when I look back in time it showing a 6.9 now. Was 5.8 on accu-check and 5.3 on tee2+ I have been telling everyone since the birth I’m a diabetic (which I don’t want to be but no one believes me). How do I get my numbers back on track again? I got my numbers down before by basically starving myself to get normal fasting numbers although it always went up before I ate my breakfast. I need to not reach diagnostic levels and heal my liver at all costs. The soles of my feet and hands burn. Today I had 2 boiled eggs with butter in a cup. Maybe a chicken thigh for lunch? Maybe once I can get my numbers back on track could add 10g of butterlettuce. Any help would be appreciated. Currently walking around the kitchen after having my breakfast. I can’t be going on insulin when I always have too much already or tablets that lower your numbers and then you have to eat carbs. My uncle lost his legs. I am so scared.

Attachments

• D1C5A091-F6E0-4A1F-A461-D526D0C8E6F1.png
    D1C5A091-F6E0-4A1F-A461-D526D0C8E6F1.png
    296 KB · Views: 151

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just to clarify I’m not asking for medical advice. My baby is 9 months now. I was on steroids for 3 months of the pregnancy as had hyperemesis gravidarum. Then I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and had to take insulin for my fasting numbers. My post-meals were always fine up until I had to get steroid shots for my baby in hospital were I ended up on insulin for them too. Anyway after the birth I quickly lost 2 1/2 stone as I read as soon as you are diagnosed a type 2 diabetic loose 2 1/2 stone as quick as possible by doing a low carb diet and intermittent fasting which I did. (Although I hadn’t been officially diagnosed) so at 13 weeks PP my HBA1c was 22mmol/l. Think it went up a few weeks later to 28. Fast forward to now I had an HBA1c a few days ago and it was 32mmol/l but my numbers aren’t normal. They are the same as the people on this forum if not sometimes worse. My a1c went up 2 in 9 days and that in all fairness was me sabotaging myself as I had been doing keto 2 meals a day 4 total carbs per day or less including fibre typical 2 meals breakfast 3 egg ommlette with 5g block mild cheddar cheese half an hour walk lunch chicken thigh with skin and/or drumstick, 10g butter lettuce with extra virgin olive which still was giving me high numbers overnight and I still wasn’t back at pre meal at the 2 hour mark mostly or before bed even though i walked for half an hour after I ate those 2 meals. I was trying to keep my numbers in the 4.5’s at all time private endro impressed my numbers were flat except for sometimes overnight but my a1c was normal and even though I had symptoms but you are not a diabetic he said. I was just hungry I had some bread and cereal. Fast forward to now and all my symptoms the same. Dry itchy skin hair loss, blurry eyes, fungal toe nail infection swollen feet. Please see attached overnights figures. on dexcom was 7.1 for a fasting blood when I got downstairs but when I look back in time it showing a 6.9 now. Was 5.8 on accu-check and 5.3 on tee2+ I have been telling everyone since the birth I’m a diabetic (which I don’t want to be but no one believes me). How do I get my numbers back on track again? I got my numbers down before by basically starving myself to get normal fasting numbers although it always went up before I ate my breakfast. I need to not reach diagnostic levels and heal my liver at all costs. The soles of my feet and hands burn. Today I had 2 boiled eggs with butter in a cup. Maybe a chicken thigh for lunch? Maybe once I can get my numbers back on track could add 10g of butterlettuce. Any help would be appreciated. Currently walking around the kitchen after having my breakfast. I can’t be going on insulin when I always have too much already or tablets that lower your numbers and then you have to eat carbs. My uncle lost his legs. I am so scared.

Hi @Rach612 ,

Some of the symptoms you are having (hair loss etc.) sound a little like those assosiated with malnutrition from an ED..
Your graph seems great.
What medications are you currently prescribed?
Have you been diagnosed with a liver issue?

Reactions: EllieM

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First, calm down, nothing to be scared about as yet, okay? Second, there's a few things I'm going to talk about that might seem a little weird, but I think you've got a few measurements mixed up, and we need to get that sorted first before we can go ahead with the rest of this. A HbA1c is a 3 month average of blood glucose, you don't get that off a finger prick at-home glucose meter. It's measured in mmol/mol OR percentages, while a finger prick test that checks what your blood sugars are up to right then is measured in mmol/l or mg/dl. So there's a bunch of different measurements to go from, and if you say in a few days your HbA1c changed 2 points, that's next to impossible, and no lab'll do a HbA1c that close together.

Blood glucose varies throughout the day. Going from a finger prick test measured in mmol/l, you want to be somewhere between 4,5 and 8,5. That's fine. Keeping numbers in 4,5 range at all times is impossible, because when you eat, it'll go up somewhat. That's okay, it's normal. I THINK the doc may have meant a HbA1c of 4,5%? Different measurement. I don't know though. But 4,5mmol/l is close to hypo territory, and a rather unrealistic goal no matter which way you turn it.

So what you want to do, is check the units on all the measurements you've taken and have had done by the doc. (You should be able to get your results from the surgery). Because now it's just a numbers-soup that makes no sense whatsoever. Get those numbers cleared up and we can go from there. The dexcom's figures are all perfectly in range and non-diabetic, if that's any comfort.

In the meantime: T2 doesn't per definition lead to amputated legs. We know more about low carb now, and there's more drugs and whatnot, that we can live a perfectly healthy life. You're not about to keel over if T2 should rear its head. At the same time, you do have health issues that need addressing. And those don't have to be caused by T2, as your numbers according to the dexcom are so low it can't be sugar-related nerve damage, or sugar feeding the fungus. You'd need long-term elevated blood glucose for that, (on average, that means years) and that's just not the case. Simple stress-related chronic hyperventilation could mess with you. But what I am seeing, and coming from me with my rather extreme diet it's funny for me to go there, but.... It's more than likely you're VERY malnourished. You're not eating anywhere near enough nutrients. Lettuce is nice and all, but you want nutrient rich foods, and ten grams of lettuce isn't it, and neither is 5 grams of cheese... That's next to nothing of low to no carb foods which you should and could be eating plenty of, not cutting them down to stamp-size portions. So I'm going to have to ask... Is your way of eating so restrictive and preying on your mind so much, you could be looking at a trauma-induced eating disorder? A dear friend of mine had HG and GD too, and her relationship with food needed work after that... Which is entirely understandable after the hell she went through. One you're more than familiar with. I don't know whether you've been on death's door with it all, but she was a few times... Food was the enemy on all fronts, for 18 months all in all, and it took a while for her to work through that. But she got there, and is back to a healthy way of eating. So... I understand completely if you want to stick with the low carb. But up the fats, up the protein! You need to eat enough to have something to go on. Because if you keep going the way you are, T2 isn't going to be the thing that harms you, it'll be malnourishment that'll hospitalise you. And with a kid to care for, can you afford that?

One more thing: The numbers you're seeing in the morning aren't affected by the practically no-carb meal you had the night before. That's a liver dump. It releases glucose in the morning to give you energy to start the day, it's called dawn phenomenon and it happens to everybody. My morning numbers are still sixes sometimes, but the rest of the day I hover between 4,5 and 5.5. Stress also triggers liver dumps by the way, so yeah...

Your numbers, far as I can make sense of them, (mainly helped by the dexcom readout), are non-diabetic. Which they would be regardless of whether you're a T2 or not, because you're not eating carbs. Heck, you're eating next to nothing. So I can't say whether you're a T2 or not, even if we could diagnose on here. There's just no way to tell without the rest of your test results with their proper units attached. The fungal infection can happen to anyone at any time, not just T2's. The hair, the tingling.. That all screams malnutrition to me. So do yourself a favour and read up on what a proper, healthy keto diet entails, (Like Dr. Jason Fung or Dr. Unwin) if you're dead-set on following a low carb lifestyle, and start eating. Fill up a BIG plate with cauliflower rice with cheese, meat, veg, you name it... Full fat greek yoghurt with strawberries, coffee with unsweetened whipped cream, cold cuts, eggs, bacon, olives, what have you. Start eating. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/

No more postage stamp sized portions.
Hugs,
Jo

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Hi @Rach612
None of the figures you mention are those of a typical diabetic. They are all far too good for that - as good as mine or better - though you are eating a Keto diet where I'm just eating few enough carbs to keep me in the normal non-diabetic range (in my case between 20 g and 40g carbs per day).

I feel that you are expecting unrealistic FBG levels, I've never had a BG reading below 5.1, so trying to keep it around 4.5 at all times is just adding stress which makes your BG higher (as do lack of sleep, illness, injury, statins & steroids). Yes, it's possible that you would be in the diabetic levels if you were eating the 'eatwell plate' high carb diet that the NHS mistakenly advises, but so what? - As long as you are in the non diabetic ranges even after eating 8.0 mmol 2hrs after 1st bite, you aren't harming your body through high BG and so are in the same position as any non-diabetic.

The symptoms you mention are concerning, but are very unlikely (in my opinion) to caused by current diabetes (though they may have been caused by having had high BG levels in the past).

Rach612

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Rach612 ,

Some of the symptoms you are having (hair loss etc.) sound a little like those assosiated with malnutrition from an ED..
Your graph seems great.
What medications are you currently prescribed?
Have you been diagnosed with a liver issue?
Hi thank you for your reply. I am on Sertraline 50mg for depression. I have been taking large amounts of SSRI’s for depression and OCD since I was 16 years old and I’m 35 now. That in Itself damages your liver. I was never unhealthy although I did eat high carb now that I know what low carb is like. I did like bread and lots of fresh fruit. My ALT showed 37.8 raised in amber on a home test. It was within range apparently on a lab test but my cholesterol was high but then I’d lost weight.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi thank you for your reply. I am on Sertraline 50mg for depression. I have been taking large amounts of SSRI’s for depression and OCD since I was 16 years old and I’m 35 now. That in Itself damages your liver. I was never unhealthy although I did eat high carb now that I know what low carb is like. I did like bread and lots of fresh fruit. My ALT showed 37.8 raised in amber on a home test. It was within range apparently on a lab test but my cholesterol was high but then I’d lost weight.

When did you have the ALT done at the lab. & what were the figures?

Rach612

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
When did you have the ALT done at the lab. & what were the figures?
On the 24 June it was 15 u/l and that’s normal apparently it says in brackets (<33). It’s probably worse now as I had a week off keto with more carbs. Now I have a problem except it stops today. Yesterday I had a scone and a piece of cake with a few cups of regular tea with milk and some milk chocolate. I’ve been sitting in the 6’s all day going by the dexcom. Before lunch it was 5.7mmol/l on accu chek 5.3 on tee2+ and 6.5 on Dexcom. I had 3 chicken thighs with the skin on them so total carbs 2.5g (adding fibre) protein 63.7g and fat 58.9g. I’m going to be over the 6’s for most of the time now if I can’t get my numbers down so I’m gonna reach diagnostic levels. I don’t want to.

Last edited:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On the 24 June it was 15 u/l and that’s normal apparently it says in brackets (<33). It’s probably worse now as I had a week off keto with more carbs. Now I have a problem except it stops today. Yesterday I had a scone and a piece of cake with a few cups of regular tea with milk and some milk chocolate. I’ve been sitting in the 6’s all day going by the dexcom. Before lunch it was 5.7mmol/l on accu chek 5.3 on tee2+ and 6.5 on Dexcom. I had 3 chicken thighs with the skin on them 97g 102g & 103g protein 21.1g fibre less than 0.5g carb less than .05g fat 19.5g per 100g. I’m going to be over the 6’s for most of the time now if I can’t get my numbers down so I’m gonna reach diagnostic levels. I don’t want to.
You need help with this. Your perception is all wrong.
Those numbers are fine. There's nothing wrong with a non diabetic person ( you) having a piece of cake and a scone. You don't need to be doing keto. Relax and enjoy being with your baby.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On the 24 June it was 15 u/l and that’s normal apparently it says in brackets (<33). It’s probably worse now as I had a week off keto with more carbs. Now I have a problem except it stops today. Yesterday I had a scone and a piece of cake with a few cups of regular tea with milk and some milk chocolate. I’ve been sitting in the 6’s all day going by the dexcom. Before lunch it was 5.7mmol/l on accu chek 5.3 on tee2+ and 6.5 on Dexcom. I had 3 chicken thighs with the skin on them so total carbs 2.5g (adding fibre) protein 63.7g and fat 58.9g. I’m going to be over the 6’s for most of the time now if I can’t get my numbers down so I’m gonna reach diagnostic levels. I don’t want to.

I feel the crux of your issue is. Your numbers are normal. You haven't been diagnosed as diabetic.
You compare your numbers with the diagnosed on these boards who are happy with their results after a lot of hard work improving them to what you see documented by other members.

Your symptoms are not exclusive to being "diabetic" they are also associated with malnutrition..

With the best will in the world. You need to find help with focus on a healthier balanced nutritional diet.

Last edited:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Although I was a full blown type 2 in 2016, I have seen blood glucose figures under 7 mmol/l after eating most of the time, maybe in the low 7's after having a dessert. I am really sensitive to carbs and need to eat under 40gm per day, but I can have all the protein and fat I want and I am gradually losing weight month by month.
I eat several chicken thighs for a meal, two big ones or three smaller, and I have a stir fry with it - usually half a bag or pack, and add mushrooms - because it is low carb and most type twos can cope with more than that. My other meals with meat and fish in similar amounts plus veges and berries are colourful and varied.
I have a tin of tuna (the smaller size) and then add a half bag of mixed salad, and celery beetroot radishes cucumber coleslaw and a good slosh of oil and vinegar dressing. If not tuna, then several eggs and grated cheese.
You really do need to consider how you are eating. First you don't need to count the fibre - Humans can't digest it. Second you need to be nourished properly - that baby will be mobile in a few months if mine were normal. Also eating solids - and babies notice things. If you are not eating normally it could lead to problems.
Dieting really is not about punishing your body for not doing what you think it should. You really are not doing keto - you are doing starvation.
Please start to take a multivitamin and mineral tablet every day, and seriously alter you way of eating so you are nourished and can flourish and survive under the strain of child rearing.
I really am very worried about your future well being. You have been through a lot already, but you have taken the advice for definite, diagnosed diabetics to great extremes, far more than necessary even for me who was told that I was 'a very bad diabetic' when diagnosed.

Rach612

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
First, calm down, nothing to be scared about as yet, okay? Second, there's a few things I'm going to talk about that might seem a little weird, but I think you've got a few measurements mixed up, and we need to get that sorted first before we can go ahead with the rest of this. A HbA1c is a 3 month average of blood glucose, you don't get that off a finger prick at-home glucose meter. It's measured in mmol/mol OR percentages, while a finger prick test that checks what your blood sugars are up to right then is measured in mmol/l or mg/dl. So there's a bunch of different measurements to go from, and if you say in a few days your HbA1c changed 2 points, that's next to impossible, and no lab'll do a HbA1c that close together.
Blood glucose varies throughout the day. Going from a finger prick test measured in mmol/l, you want to be somewhere between 4,5 and 8,5. That's fine. Keeping numbers in 4,5 range at all times is impossible, because when you eat, it'll go up somewhat. That's okay, it's normal. I THINK the doc may have meant a HbA1c of 4,5%? Different measurement. I don't know though. But 4,5mmol/l is close to hypo territory, and a rather unrealistic goal no matter which way you turn it.

So what you want to do, is check the units on all the measurements you've taken and have had done by the doc. (You should be able to get your results from the surgery). Because now it's just a numbers-soup that makes no sense whatsoever. Get those numbers cleared up and we can go from there. The dexcom's figures are all perfectly in range and non-diabetic, if that's any comfort.

In the meantime: T2 doesn't per definition lead to amputated legs. We know more about low carb now, and there's more drugs and whatnot, that we can live a perfectly healthy life. You're not about to keel over if T2 should rear its head. At the same time, you do have health issues that need addressing. And those don't have to be caused by T2, as your numbers according to the dexcom are so low it can't be sugar-related nerve damage, or sugar feeding the fungus. You'd need long-term elevated blood glucose for that, (on average, that means years) and that's just not the case. Simple stress-related chronic hyperventilation could mess with you. But what I am seeing, and coming from me with my rather extreme diet it's funny for me to go there, but.... It's more than likely you're VERY malnourished. You're not eating anywhere near enough nutrients. Lettuce is nice and all, but you want nutrient rich foods, and ten grams of lettuce isn't it, and neither is 5 grams of cheese... That's next to nothing of low to no carb foods which you should and could be eating plenty of, not cutting them down to stamp-size portions. So I'm going to have to ask... Is your way of eating so restrictive and preying on your mind so much, you could be looking at a trauma-induced eating disorder? A dear friend of mine had HG and GD too, and her relationship with food needed work after that... Which is entirely understandable after the hell she went through. One you're more than familiar with. I don't know whether you've been on death's door with it all, but she was a few times... Food was the enemy on all fronts, for 18 months all in all, and it took a while for her to work through that. But she got there, and is back to a healthy way of eating. So... I understand completely if you want to stick with the low carb. But up the fats, up the protein! You need to eat enough to have something to go on. Because if you keep going the way you are, T2 isn't going to be the thing that harms you, it'll be malnourishment that'll hospitalise you. And with a kid to care for, can you afford that?

One more thing: The numbers you're seeing in the morning aren't affected by the practically no-carb meal you had the night before. That's a liver dump. It releases glucose in the morning to give you energy to start the day, it's called dawn phenomenon and it happens to everybody. My morning numbers are still sixes sometimes, but the rest of the day I hover between 4,5 and 5.5. Stress also triggers liver dumps by the way, so yeah...

Your numbers, far as I can make sense of them, (mainly helped by the dexcom readout), are non-diabetic. Which they would be regardless of whether you're a T2 or not, because you're not eating carbs. Heck, you're eating next to nothing. So I can't say whether you're a T2 or not, even if we could diagnose on here. There's just no way to tell without the rest of your test results with their proper units attached. The fungal infection can happen to anyone at any time, not just T2's. The hair, the tingling.. That all screams malnutrition to me. So do yourself a favour and read up on what a proper, healthy keto diet entails, (Like Dr. Jason Fung or Dr. Unwin) if you're dead-set on following a low carb lifestyle, and start eating. Fill up a BIG plate with cauliflower rice with cheese, meat, veg, you name it... Full fat greek yoghurt with strawberries, coffee with unsweetened whipped cream, cold cuts, eggs, bacon, olives, what have you. Start eating. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/
lead
Yes so I got a lab HBA1c in Dublin at 12.45pm on Sunday and it was 30 mmol/l then we did another one via forthwithlife on Monday lunch time and it was 31mmol/l. I’ll get another one sent off tomorrow but I suspect it will be up at least another few points. Like I say I’m above 6mmol most of the time now. Before I took a break from keto/ starvation I’d managed to get my pre meals to 4.5 mmol/l 5.0 (really didn’t like starting a meal at 5mmol. And before bed was around 4.5mmol/ - 5 ish I’d always go for a brisk walk before bed to try and bring my number down then not sit just come in to bed. Can I still salvage this and not reach diagnostic levels? Going to do 2 boiled eggs with butter in a cup for breakfast with geo sea salt and 1 chicken thigh for lunch the 30 mins walk after meals 30 mins exercise bike and usual brisk walk before bed only drinking water and surely that will help get back in the 4’s and 5’s during the day and my fasting numbers. I really feel I’ve been diabetic for years and not knew. I always drink a lot of water. Went to the toilet at night. Snacking I always was hungry (although not at much as now). Had UTI’s, corns on feet and verrucas, cysts. If I am diabetic I want to be diet controlled to try and put it in remission by not following nhs advice. I don’t want my numbers being so bad on diagnoses I need drugs or insulin.

Last edited by a moderator:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My non diabetic friend had an HbA1c done along with a raft of other blood tests at her surgery a couple of months ago. She looked up the parameters for prediabetic and T2 and found she was well below both of these. Then she phoned me as she was worried hers was too low. It was 34. Absolutely normal, just like yours.

Please, please eat normally now. Stop punishing your body, you need to nurture it.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes so I got a lab HBA1c in Dublin at 12.45pm on Sunday and it was 30 mmol/l then we did another one via forthwithlife on Monday lunch time and it was 31mmol/l. I’ll get another one sent off tomorrow but I suspect it will be up at least another few points. Like I say I’m above 6mmol most of the time now. Before I took a break from keto/ starvation I’d managed to get my pre meals to 4.5 mmol/l 5.0 (really didn’t like starting a meal at 5mmol. And before bed was around 4.5mmol/ - 5 ish I’d always go for a brisk walk before bed to try and bring my number down then not sit just come in to bed. Can I still salvage this and not reach diagnostic levels? Going to do 2 boiled eggs with butter in a cup for breakfast with geo sea salt and 1 chicken thigh for lunch the 30 mins walk after meals 30 mins exercise bike and usual brisk walk before bed only drinking water and surely that will help get back in the 4’s and 5’s during the day and my fasting numbers. I really feel I’ve been diabetic for years and not knew. I always drink a lot of water. Went to the toilet at night. Snacking I always was hungry (although not at much as now). Had UTI’s, corns on feet and verrucas, cysts. If I am diabetic I want to be diet controlled to try and put it in remission by not following nhs advice. I don’t want my numbers being so bad on diagnoses I need drugs or insulin.
Your HbA1c is non-diabetic. Actually, it's on the low side. You're nowhere near a diagnostic 48. You mentioned depression and OCD. You also mentioned 3 different glucose meters. I'm thoroughly diabetic, had 22,-something-or-other blood sugars when diagnosed, and I don't even own that many! You do recognise, I hope, that you are OCD-ing this, when you look at it objectively? Depression, OCD... They do sometimes lead to eating disorders, especially when you go through something as severely traumatic as your complication-filled pregnancy. You might want to also consider post traumatic stress or post partum depression. You're not well, and it's not your blood sugars you should be worried about right now. I don't know if you were diabetic at some point, there's no way to tell without HbA1c's from that period. But I can tell you that right now, you are hurting yourself with this way of eating, that has very little to do with proper keto. You're supposed to eat enough, just low carbs, when on keto. What you're doing now has nothing to do with eating until you're full, adding in healthy fats and nutrient dense foods. You're eating too little, and what you are eating doesn't contain everything you need to stay alive. You're wasting away now as much as you were when you had HG and couldn't hold anything down. Didn't they put you on nutrient dense shakes then to get your vitamins, minerals and calories back up? You can't do without proper nutrients.

Please, seek help. There's nothing to salvage here, if you ever were diabetic you're so far into remission now, you're kinda low! Forget T2. Focus on getting a healthier relationship with food. T2 isn't going to kill you. Your eating will. Please. Please, get help.

I actually kinda regret coming back to the forum now. This is more stress than I can handle, because being a depressed introverted borderliner myself with a myriad of additional diagnosis, I know I'm just talking to a brick wall now. I know I can't help you and here I am, trying anyway.

Please get real help. You'd be okay if you'd just eat real food.
Hugs,
Jo

(mod edit for quote box glitch)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Some of the further symptoms & ailments you stated here. Are also not exclusive to "diabetes."
I can't concur logically that you would be putting in "remission" what hasn't been diagnosed.

Last edited:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I really thing you need to speak to someone about this.
Your Hba1c is nowhere nowhere near the diabetic range. Diabetics get theirs checked once a year - you are not diabetic. You do not need a daily Hba1c test. No one does.
Your blood glucose levels are not in the diabetic range you do not need to be eating so little and striving for low carb far less than a diabetic would need to eat. You do not need to be trying to get into remission as you are not diabetic.

(mod edit for quote box glitch)

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You really must eat and people here have given you valuable advice. I’m not sure this forum is healthy for you, we all have diabetes here or on the verge of. Reading stuff on this forum is only going to make you anxious! You don’t belong in this forum and I mean that in the best way!!!
Please go seek medical advice, maybe speak to GP?

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
You really must eat and people here have given you valuable advice. I’m not sure this forum is healthy for you, we all have diabetes here or on the verge of. Reading stuff on this forum is only going to make you anxious! You don’t belong in this forum and I mean that in the best way!!!
Please go seek medical advice, maybe speak to GP?
Very worrying post from this young lady and I hope she turns to someone at her health centre for proper support bless her x

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Please, seek help. There's nothing to salvage here, if you ever were diabetic you're so far into remission now, you're kinda low! Forget T2. Focus on getting a healthier relationship with food. T2 isn't going to kill you. Your eating will. Please. Please, get help.

I actually kinda regret coming back to the forum now. This is more stress than I can handle, because being a depressed introverted borderliner myself with a myriad of additional diagnosis, I know I'm just talking to a brick wall now. I know I can't help you and here I am, trying anyway.

Please get real help. You'd be okay if you'd just eat real food.

Well spotted and well said @JoKalsbeek .

Sadly @Rach612 posted several times while you were having a break, and has been told the same things by several of us. She is obviously in need of professional help to deal with her serious food issues, and we all wish she'd do as advised. It is so sad, especially when her posts push buttons for others.

@JoKalsbeek cling on tight to how well you have done and how well you are doing. The forum is a better place because of you.

Reactions: HurricaneHippo

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’d managed to get my pre meals to 4.5 mmol/l 5.0 (really didn’t like starting a meal at 5mmol. And before bed was around 4.5mmol/ - 5 ish I’d always go for a brisk walk before bed to try and bring my number down then not sit just come in to bed. Can I still salvage this and not reach diagnostic levels?
Unless you’ve been directed to do so by a suitably qualified endocrinologist, there is absolutely no need to keep your blood glucose below 5 at all times. Your self-imposed targets are likely to be harming you by causing you to under eat and depriving your body of the nutrients it needs.

You are posting for medical advice on a diabetes forum where none of us are able to provide medical advice to anyone, let alone someone without diabetes. I strongly urge you to see professional advice as the help you need goes far beyond the scope of a user-based diabetes forum.

This thread will now be locked for further comment.

Reactions: zand
Status
Not open for further replies.