What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a dull yet feint promising start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of salad days with a soupçon of cold protein came in at 5.4 this am

I came back from our little house on the prairie yesterday afternoon - a visit to the house we are buying to do some measuring and write down complicated numbers by magically transforming sound waves into text on my telephonic device. My daughter, who accompanied me was well impressed, “dad you can use a mobile phone after all!” - I can also build and operate a Sinclair ZX81 and bang out a flamenco using two soup spoons but why spoil the illusion.

Art bit - went mental - plonked a tree atop a rock and then added colour - have a wonderful bin day if you can (comiserations if your bin is collected on the wrong day) - time for another koffy.

RIP Charlie Watts

View attachment 50918
Absolutely splendid @dunelm
Love this tree and rocks...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to Wednesday chums. The new Swipey seems to be taking some time to settle or else I have totally lost control. I won't stab so no numbers today. I seem to have the family cold, full on sniffles, dip in sats and raise of resting pulse. Grandchildren seem to be superspreaders which will be a problem for a few days. 1 gel today, initially 2 gels and a boy tomorrow, all 7 and their parents by evening. Something called a "takeaway curry" planned for Thursday evening - zero chance of me eating that. Enough upbeat verbiage from me. Fine pieces of art @dunelm and @geefull. Both multi skilled as well. Amazing transformation once again @gennepher. Yesterday sounds wonderful @Krystyna23040. I looked at the Bucks Arms menu, couldn't see what I'd eat but was very attracted to non LC dishes - boy do they charge for fairly ordinary wine. Hope all goes well for Mrs Alf young sparrow me owl. Orf to Ely then I may watch cricketers shiver in the frozen norf.
Thanks @ianpspurs
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 5.8 best result for days.
Catching up on posts after missing a few days.
We are now in the UK, despite the French border force person telling us our vaccine record card was not valid. For a few minutes we were not getting on the ferry, then she said there had been someone else with just the cards earlier in the day and they had been allowed through, so she would let us go. Honestly why is it always us?
Passport Control didn't like our attestations, saying we will need full residency status by October. Or they wont let us out of France. As if we can do anything to hurry the bureaucratic process.
Of course we still have to persuade them to let us back in.

@geefull mocha icecream sounds wonderful. Have you put the recipe up anywhere?

@Krystyna23040 Do you like wodgames as well? Am playing wordscapes

@dogslife hugs for the unexpectedly high FBG

@gennepher four strays now? Have I missed somethuing
Blooming heck @SlimLizzy it is near impossible all those bureaucracy demands...

Yes 4 strays now...why me? You missed nothing. They suddenly appeared...I think there must be some sign posting leading them to this location...

Reactions: SlimLizzy

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good to hear from you, all the best wishes to you back and hope that your old house sells quickly.
Thank you@dunelm. :)

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
good evening all :)

4.1 today

Every car park in the village was full today and a really hot day here so we went over to collect Mum's shopping list and took the makings of barbecue for our meal. Sausage and burgers with salad and some roasted sweet potato chips for mr gee and mum. We also managed to get a bit of strimming and some bush trimming done but it really was hot.

Made the ice cream this morning, seems ok ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - stunning pine tree, that colour has really added to an already strong drawing :)

@gennepher - striking result today wth the changes to that picture :) hope you both enjoyed your nap ;)

@ianpspurs - I'm glad you're still here :)

@dogslife - good wishes for life in your new home :)

art bit - based on a photo seen online, I think it's of somewhere in the Western Isles :)
painted on Bockingford CP paper.

View attachment 50913
Thank you@geefull. :)

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.2 today

up early and out shopping for the weekly list today and then dropped off Mum's share of the shopping. It was pretty quiet in the shops this morning thankfully :D

Have been asked twice this week so far by visitors about the signs we still have displayed on quite a few of our local windows, (A4 sized green thumbs up signs), they hadn't seen anything like them and they're dotted about in the village :)
I explained the other sign in the pair has a big red thumbs down on it and if anyone in the house is ill or has to self isolate they show the red poster and someone will call a local volunteer to offer help with shopping or whatever :) they were given out at the time of the first lockdown but a lot of those who may have a need to shield or have health issues have continued to use them (covid has not exactly gone after all :sorry:)
Is that sort of thing not a widespread idea?

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - Snapseed can really work some changes, such vibrant colours :joyful: you seem to be getting to grips with it :)

@dunelm - love the way your tree is clinging to the rock ledge and the texture in the rocks is especially effective :)

@lindisfel - good to hear you're feeling a bit better :)

@SlimLizzy - thank you, the mocha did turn out quite well, I can't remember if I posted the recipe, I'll have a dig about :)
Hope your visit and return go successfully :)

art bit - was trying out a new bottle of resist
upload_2021-8-25_19-59-40.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.2 today

up early and out shopping for the weekly list today and then dropped off Mum's share of the shopping. It was pretty quiet in the shops this morning thankfully :D

Have been asked twice this week so far by visitors about the signs we still have displayed on quite a few of our local windows, (A4 sized green thumbs up signs), they hadn't seen anything like them and they're dotted about in the village :)
I explained the other sign in the pair has a big red thumbs down on it and if anyone in the house is ill or has to self isolate they show the red poster and someone will call a local volunteer to offer help with shopping or whatever :) they were given out at the time of the first lockdown but a lot of those who may have a need to shield or have health issues have continued to use them (covid has not exactly gone after all :sorry:)
Is that sort of thing not a widespread idea?

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - Snapseed can really work some changes, such vibrant colours :joyful: you seem to be getting to grips with it :)

@dunelm - love the way your tree is clinging to the rock ledge and the texture in the rocks is especially effective :)

@lindisfel - good to hear you're feeling a bit better :)

@SlimLizzy - thank you, the mocha did turn out quite well, I can't remember if I posted the recipe, I'll have a dig about :)
Hope your visit and return go successfully :)

art bit - was trying out a new bottle of resist
View attachment 50925
Thank you @geefull. The green/red window signs are a great idea but I have not heard of these before now. Wonderful landscape from you but what lies beneath the waves?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another overcast and muggy start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of sriracha chicken and creamy leaks with bacon came in at 5.2 this am

Bit of a lazy day yesterday but managed to time my morning walk to get home just in time to cheer on the parade of the bin lorry. More visitors later today, youngest son and his mate staying overnight. They are cycling along Hadrians Wall cycle route tomorrow - hope the weather holds for them. His mate is a vegetarian so it will be roasted cauliflower and various other veggie things.

Art bit - another tree with even more technicolor - no panoramic sound though. Have a wonderful day if you can. Time for koffy.

upload_2021-8-26_6-50-7.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning everyone on another overcast and muggy start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of sriracha chicken and creamy leaks with bacon came in at 5.2 this am

Bit of a lazy day yesterday but managed to time my morning walk to get home just in time to cheer on the parade of the bin lorry. More visitors later today, youngest son and his mate staying overnight. They are cycling along Hadrians Wall cycle route tomorrow - hope the weather holds for them. His mate is a vegetarian so it will be roasted cauliflower and various other veggie things.

Art bit - another tree with even more technicolor - no panoramic sound though. Have a wonderful day if you can. Time for koffy.

View attachment 50926
Looks they will get some sunshine on the West side of the watershed, dunelm.

Your Pine looks excellent. For a tree that's really seen life the Bristlecone Pine would make an interesting subject
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Even though it is a grey day we are off to Gooderstone Water Gardens after we have done the weekly shop. Am at the moment debating whether or not to have a third Nespresso coffee before going shopping.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 5.8 best result for days.
Catching up on posts after missing a few days.
We are now in the UK, despite the French border force person telling us our vaccine record card was not valid. For a few minutes we were not getting on the ferry, then she said there had been someone else with just the cards earlier in the day and they had been allowed through, so she would let us go. Honestly why is it always us?
Passport Control didn't like our attestations, saying we will need full residency status by October. Or they wont let us out of France. As if we can do anything to hurry the bureaucratic process.
Of course we still have to persuade them to let us back in.

@geefull mocha icecream sounds wonderful. Have you put the recipe up anywhere?

@Krystyna23040 Do you like wodgames as well? Am playing wordscapes

@dogslife hugs for the unexpectedly high FBG

@gennepher four strays now? Have I missed somethuing
That must have been so stressful. Thank goodness they let you travel.

I have the same issue at airports. It is always me who has the problems. Once at Sydney airport, when visiting daughter and family, Passport Control stated that my 9 year passport photo wasn't me. I explained that I was 9 years older. They said yes, but you look younger than the photo. They did eventually let me through.

Another time I was surrounded by security staff because the scanner showed a gun in my suitcase. This turned out to be a blusher brush in a metal case. We were trying to leave New York after 9/11 so it was a stressful time.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all from a damp, dull, distinctly chilly Forest Heath on bin day for those raised in Cambridgeshire and Colorado. A disturbing 5.4 on Swipey but what's a guy to do? About 8 days of probably the highest and most prolonged period of abnormal readings in 6 years. Grotty cold/virus well embedded and I've never found an LC remedy/pacifier or any comfort from LC food. There's a vital lesson embedded deep in the 18 months of a poo show the move seems to be but I'm just too thick or stubborn to have my sliding doors moment just yet. Seems that God loves me too much and won't give up on me. My guess is I'll only understand on the other side be that this world or the next. Hope all goes well for your son and his friend @dunelm. Glad your recovery is going well @lindisfel. All 3 of our boys and all 7 grandchildren here today - of course that is a blessing regardless of location and my problems understanding this "module". Get the balance right Ian. (Lyrics) Smile and wave boys, smile and wave.