Quick sugar foods

Abo2000

Hi all,
I’m sort of getting sick of apple juice, just wondering what foods/tablets or whatever it is that you all use when going hypo?

Thank you

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use Lift (previously called GlucoTabs). If I start getting sick of them, for me it means I am having too many hypos so take it as a hint to review my insulin regime.
That said, they are not supposed to be something I enjoy - they are medication for a medical condition.

I know others use Jelly Babies and Haribos but leaving sweets around seems to be too tempting for others in my house.

Reactions: Abo2000

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the 4 oz containers of Juicy Juice or an 8 oz can of regular Cherry Coke (depending on where I am - at home Juicy Juice, out of house the Coke).

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Don't get many these days but jelly babies are great.
I also steal sachets of sugar from coffee shops for an easy to carry around top up.

Reactions: Gemma2 and Abo2000

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I also use jelly babies, 5 carbs each so easy to work out how many to have, they're also virtually indestructible - which helps when in pockets with various other bits and pieces.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Another vote for Jelly babies, to me they are far too sweet to be tasty so easy to ignore unless needed

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Why use anything other than Dextrose tablets? Low-cost glucose, neatly wrapped, choice of flavours and dissolve quickly.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Mars bar.my brother-in-law's favorite
Jell babies
Sugar cubes

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I,also, carry sugar from Coffee shops with me for a quick top up. No Hypo awareness.