What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Same FBG today with a5.9 would be nice to stay in the 5's but we all know how unpredictable diabetes can be :)

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from early October in Forest Heath. A virus induced 5.9 on Swipey today. I've seen 7s and 8s at times, for the first time in 6 years, for about a week. LC has no impact on bg control and is completely devoid of all* foody comfort but this is the first time in all those years I've had more than 2-3 days of it. Far too long to fast so smile and wave boys, smile and wave. Several Lat flows = negative, temp and SpO2 fine. Grandchildren and families from Suffolk to Southampton have had it (except 3 week old), so did Julie. By God's grace all seven grandchildren and parents here yesterday evening. Perfect queue of 5 for the slide. Three of them are here until Monday. Four of them, 1 set of parents and Julie, off to the seaside today - Gt Yarmouth? - barking mad methinks. Great fbg again @mojo37. Loving all these snapseed projects @gennepher but sympathy for the badger invasion. Chortle at the @dunelm fast food, roadside cafe. Yesterday sounds wonderful for you (cashews are good but moreish) @Krystyna23040 and I'm relieved to hear Mr K was rewarded for his virtue with an equally spiffing SR event. *Super salmon salad day today, best it ever gets. For you and Popeye Genn

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, busy couple of days here in Tilehurst Towers.
Blood sugars
Yesterday 5.8
Today, an absolute disaster darlings, disaster 4.0 too low to drive for a series of blood tests, A1c and liver function tests this morning.

Up date on Mrs J who is now at the stage where she thinks she can over do things without consequences and me and me's need eyes in the back and top of our head.
One thing Mrs J has excelled in is writing task lists for me, this afternoon I shall be attempting to vacuum the downstairs carpets, but me and me's have no formal or informal qualifications in this task, full supervision will be provided, then me and me's must put some washing on, again full supervision will be provided, if I survive the aforementioned tasks mowing the front lawn is the next task.
It's enough to drive a mere ancient male to an early bed, nite night all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, busy couple of days here in Tilehurst Towers.
Blood sugars
Yesterday 5.8
Today, an absolute disaster darlings, disaster 4.0 too low to drive for a series of blood tests, A1c and liver function tests this morning.

Up date on Mrs J who is now at the stage where she thinks she can over do things without consequences and me and me's need eyes in the back and top of our head.
One thing Mrs J has excelled in is writing task lists for me, this afternoon I shall be attempting to vacuum the downstairs carpets, but me and me's have no formal or informal qualifications in this task, full supervision will be provided, then me and me's must put some washing on, again full supervision will be provided, if I survive the aforementioned tasks mowing the front lawn is the next task.
It's enough to drive a mere ancient male to an early bed, nite night all.
Hug for the low and no driving - was it corrected? Winner for the "new man" act which we all know is not new at all. Glad to hear Mrs A J is on the case, she's a diamond.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Hug for the low and no driving - was it corrected? Winner for the "new man" act which we all know is not new at all.

No, I had to be driven to the GP's. If you were to ask Mrs J she would tell you I don't vacuum unless it's my keyboard and as for the washing machine it's far to complex machine for my mere brain, quantum mechanics, physics and mathematics are a stroll in the park compared to deciphering the settings on a washing machine now I must depart and try to locate the vacuuming machine.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a drizzly start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a chicken and egg situation landed a 5.0 this am

The Ninky Nonks and Little Miss Pamplemouse are sat round the dining room table having breakfast; peanut butter sandwich, toast and jam, weetabix - I am just about able to have the odd slulp of my koffy. Youngest son and his mate left on their bikes at 0620 to catch the train to Newcastle (I made them a sandwich each to take with them) - 10 minutes later eldest son gets in from his last night shift of the cycle - Mrs Miggins is in bed, stacking Z’s. It’s almost like living on Waterloo station in a bizzare nightmare theme where I am stuck in a fast food cabin, running on a treadmill.

Youngest son’s pal is a vegetarian so made them roasted spiced cauliflower and sautéed creamed leeks using vegan cheese and some yoghurt substitute made out of coconut milk - pretty good results and the vegan cheese melted nicely into the creamed sauce - called Violife and 21% carbs - the sacrifices that these veggie people have to make.

Art bit - tree part taken from a painting that I saw on the wonder web. Have a wonderful Friday - I am tucking mine onto the weekend and bank holiday Monday to have a loooong weekend (the things you can do when you don’t have to earn a crust any more). “More koffy vicar?” “No thanks it makes me f**t.”

View attachment 50943
Very busy where you are @dunelm
I hope it has all quietened down by now....
Colourful tree...it almost looks like another landscape within the tree...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No, I had to be driven to the GP's. If you were to ask Mrs J she would tell you I don't vacuum unless it's my keyboard and as for the washing machine it's far to complex machine for my mere brain, quantum mechanics, physics and mathematics are a stroll in the park compared to deciphering the settings on a washing machine now I must depart and try to locate the vacuuming machine.
I feel your pain Alfred. These will help: Alexa to the rescue; Lawn mowing made simple; Vacuum cleaning sorted. Happy Mrs A J, more time in the workshop or on the motorbike- win, win. No fee or thanks required.:angelic:

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Worked and walked in garden this am, then sat out and enjoyed a grand but slightly cool day this pm.

Attachments

• IMG_20210827_152638025_HDR_compress66.jpg
    IMG_20210827_152638025_HDR_compress66.jpg
    922.5 KB · Views: 66

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
FBG 5.7 very acceptable result as last night's fish mixed grill included a generous portion of chips- although I didn't eat all of them was really more than I had intended.

@Krystyna23040 today am prioritising curry and accompaniments, but not rice. Lol that part of the low carb message has got through, however there are still naan breads, poppadoms, gulab jamun and an assortment of indian sweets. In case i dont want the gulub jamun there is an alternative of tiramisu. MrSlims aunt and uncle are lovely but just don't get low carb at all. And i really like them so...not eating the bombay mix though.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 5.7 very acceptable result as last night's fish mixed grill included a generous portion of chips- although I didn't eat all of them was really more than I had intended.

@Krystyna23040 today am prioritising curry and accompaniments, but not rice. Lol that part of the low carb message has got through, however there are still naan breads, poppadoms, gulab jamun and an assortment of indian sweets. In case i dont want the gulub jamun there is an alternative of tiramisu. MrSlims aunt and uncle are lovely but just don't get low carb at all. And i really like them so...not eating the bombay mix though.
Oh no - what a huge temptation. The food sounds really lovely. MrSlims aunt and uncle definitely don't get low carb at all.

Reactions: jjraak

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening everyone :)

4.4 yesterday and 4.2 today

fell asleep when we got back from the volunteering yesterday evening and forgot to post :sorry:, didn't do any art either .

a sunny day today so we took Mum out for lunch at the local hall in the next village over again. The desert special of the day was lemon cheesecake which mr gee had some of and I had a little taste, it was lovely :D might make a lc cheesecake for pudding at the weekend :angelic:

you have my sympathy @SlimLizzy , 5 years in and Mum is still offering me cakes and biscuits and then snatching them back saying' oh, you can't have that can you?' :hilarious:

A quiet evening here currently but who knows what the weekend will be like for visitor numbers since it's a Bank Holiday.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - I just love the texture you manage to get into your tree bark and foliage, with or without colour but I do think that the colour in today's painting has added oomph to an already strong composition :joyful: (and your veggie food recipe sound well worth having a try at :))

@gennepher - hugs for the migraine yesterday, hope it's settled down now.
I am enjoying your Snapseed manipulations series, the grunge picture of the lamp I particularly like and today's double exposure has worked well :)
I don't envy you those badgers, Mum just has a couple of moles in her garden and it's bad enough :sorry: fingers crossed your light strategy works :)

@ianpspurs - hope your viral symptoms settle down soon for you :)

art bit - a quick loose seascape today, wet in wet practice ;)

upload_2021-8-27_19-46-0.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh no - what a huge temptation. The food sounds really lovely. MrSlims aunt and uncle definitely don't get low carb at all.
Genuine ghurka curry. Very liquid really needs something to mop it up. Gave up and on LC and had small amount of rice, some potatoes with cumin, and a piece of naan bread.
Then Indian sweets, tiny amount, and gulag juman. So much sweet stuff...but she tries hard to please, has remembered I like cream in my coffee and I don't want to upset either auntie or uncle. See far too little of them as it is.
Fun evening with son3 there as well and plenty of wine.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

lindisfel

Expert

fell asleep when we got back from the volunteering yesterday evening and forgot to post :sorry:, didn't do any art either .

a sunny day today so we took Mum out for lunch at the local hall in the next village over again. The desert special of the day was lemon cheesecake which mr gee had some of and I had a little taste, it was lovely :D might make a lc cheesecake for pudding at the weekend :angelic:

you have my sympathy @SlimLizzy , 5 years in and Mum is still offering me cakes and biscuits and then snatching them back saying' oh, you can't have that can you?' :hilarious:

A quiet evening here currently but who knows what the weekend will be like for visitor numbers since it's a Bank Holiday.

@dunelm - I just love the texture you manage to get into your tree bark and foliage, with or without colour but I do think that the colour in today's painting has added oomph to an already strong composition :joyful: (and your veggie food recipe sound well worth having a try at :))

I am enjoying your Snapseed manipulations series, the grunge picture of the lamp I particularly like and today's double exposure has worked well :)
I don't envy you those badgers, Mum just has a couple of moles in her garden and it's bad enough :sorry: fingers crossed your light strategy works :)

View attachment 50953
Hi geeful,
Sad how they are taking camper vans round the north coast and leaving sewage and not adhering to single track road protocol.

Apparently it was all sprung on the locals without any planning or asking, by the holiday company!
I hope they dont mess up a really wild area.
Atb
Derek

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 50953

Thanks @geefull the migraine has nearly settled now.
I am glad you like the Snapseed series...

I like your wet in wet seascape. It is relaxing and calming.

Reactions: ianpspurs

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@geefull totally agree, situation compounded by covid and brexit which means visits are few and far between, allowing plenty of time to forget dietary requirements.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Got stung by a bee yesterday. My hand brushed against the Buddliea branch, and I felt a prick. When I looked at my thumb there was a bumblebee stinging my thumb.
First thought...poor bee, I don't want you to die, you didn't have to sting me.
Second thought...ouch, this blinking hurts...
Third thought...I still didn't want to hurt the bee, so I shook my hand downwards and it fell off, so I went inside, put neat lavender essential oil on it and took an antihistamine for good measure.

I have never in my life been stung by a bee before. I can pick up bees and not get stung. But I must have startled this one by brushing my hand against it, and it thought 'enemy'. I went back out to look for it, but I couldn't find it.

Five minutes later, pain had gone, and I could see a slight indent in my skin where I was stung, but that vanished quickly.

Photo this morning was more of the 'fireflies' of yesterday in the solar jar. And I put it through KaleidaCam, a kaleidoscope app, and then into Snapseed to make it more dramatic.

So, here is my offer for today.

Have fun today. Live in the moment. You never know, like that poor bumblebee you may make a wrong decision...I am assuming it dies once it has stung you...

EDIT: I have just googled and apparently a bee does not necessarily die once it has stung you. It is only if it stinger remains lodged in your flesh after you have knocked it off. I didn't knock it off, I only shook it off, and nothing remained in my skin. So now, I am assuming it flew away, because it was not on the ground when I went back to look. That makes me happy :)

763011F0-C4D6-4391-966E-FD25F76CB5A2.jpeg

Last edited: