Trulicity

chevy57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I’ve been T2 for about 17 years. Now at the point of being put on Trulicity as Metformin etc not now enough and I’m doing all I can to avoid insulin as I’m in the emergency services and insulin will prevent me driving on blue lights. The Trulicity is really helping but the side effect of nausea and vomiting is pretty rough. I have been on the injections for about 6 weeks . Is there others that are on this and have the nausea and vomiting and does this side effect reduce and resolve overtime. That’s for any help

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh goodness that’s tough, 6 weeks and still feeling rough. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully someone hear has experience of it. Hope you adjust to your meds or maybe find one that suits you better and keeps you away from insulin

Reactions: chevy57

Skippy1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
There is a range of injectable medicines which work in a similar way to stimulate the pancreas to release insulin, amongst other effects - these are all explained if you search on this site. I've used Byetta and Victoza for about 12 years without any major side effects. However, Ozempic (semaglitide) had me almost house bound, (never a few paces from the bathroom!) for the 3 months that I took it. Ask your team if you can try a different one. Good luck :)
  • Bydureon (Exenatide) – taken once weekly
  • Byetta (Exenatide) – taken twice daily
  • Lyxumia (lixisenatide) – taken once daily
  • Trulicity (Dulaglutide) – taken once weekly
  • Victoza (Liraglutide) – taken once daily

chevy57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There is a range of injectable medicines which work in a similar way to stimulate the pancreas to release insulin, amongst other effects - these are all explained if you search on this site. I've used Byetta and Victoza for about 12 years without any major side effects. However, Ozempic (semaglitide) had me almost house bound, (never a few paces from the bathroom!) for the 3 months that I took it. Ask your team if you can try a different one. Good luck :)
  • Bydureon (Exenatide) – taken once weekly
  • Byetta (Exenatide) – taken twice daily
  • Lyxumia (lixisenatide) – taken once daily
  • Trulicity (Dulaglutide) – taken once weekly
  • Victoza (Liraglutide) – taken once daily

chevy57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank for taking the time to reply, I will certainly look into those alternatives as I haven’t heard of them before. I’m glad it’s working for you

Reactions: Skippy1

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Hi, I’ve been T2 for about 17 years. Now at the point of being put on Trulicity as Metformin etc not now enough and I’m doing all I can to avoid insulin as I’m in the emergency services and insulin will prevent me driving on blue lights. The Trulicity is really helping but the side effect of nausea and vomiting is pretty rough. I have been on the injections for about 6 weeks . Is there others that are on this and have the nausea and vomiting and does this side effect reduce and resolve overtime. That’s for any help

Hey, out of interest, what dose are you on?