What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Breakfast: at 10 am. A bit late but BG was pretty high still and I wasn't really hungry, so there seemed no point in eating. Decided that I had better, though and had 2 rashers streaky bacon (unsmoked) and 2 fried eggs.

Nearly 2 pm now and still not hungry but eventually I will have some of the veggie casserole and maybe the few bits of chicken salvaged from the carcass. (A litre of chicken stock in a pot and in the freezer.) Em will be in in about an hour so will probably not eat until after her Dad comes to pick her up after work.

I'm hoping to get that 3rd freezer that I have been after in the next week or so. I'll have to move furniture around to find home for it.

For the first part of the summer, I didn't use a quilt on my bed but have recently started using it again. And I've found that I can't remember how to get the cover on it. @maglil55, do you have the link still for the video that shows how it is done by rolling the quilt and the cover together?
Mayb peg the corners with those clip it things for freezer bag; while you sort out the bottom corners. We have just done ours; every Saturday - but I get my husband to help me put it on once I have ironed it. X. Mayb YouTube how to put a quilt cover on by yourself. X

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, slice of vegimite in low carb toast. for breakfast
Sausages, refried veggies for lunch.
Grilled spanish mackerel fillets from our neighbour who goes fishing out on the reef, green veggies for dinner.

A pix of a spanish mackeral

1018-hero.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mayb peg the corners with those clip it things for freezer bag; while you sort out the bottom corners. We have just done ours; every Saturday - but I get my husband to help me put it on once I have ironed it. X. Mayb YouTube how to put a quilt cover on by yourself. X
I got a duvet fairy (free with several pints at a rugby club), no idea how she does it but it works - as long as all bed linen is plain white cotton she can do what she likes:angelic:. @Riva_Roxaban :woot: for Mackerel. Must go now, will not get drawn in:banghead:

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox What a time you have had of it recently - glad to see you are on the mend - take care Mrs x

Brunch - O% Fat Fage greek yoghurt with mixed berries.

Dinner - Large Mushroom & Onion Omlette with half a dozen naughty chips. Large glass of pepsi max

Weather here has been fab all week - I have fitted in a few long walks in between sunbathing!

Saturday night so a couple of wee morgans spiced and diet cokes - actually I can't remember the last time I had a alcoholic drink in the house - so relaxing and enjoying it!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Bacon and egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, slice of vegimite in low carb toast. for breakfast
Sausages, refried veggies for lunch.
Grilled spanish mackerel fillets from our neighbour who goes fishing out on the reef, green veggies for dinner.

A pix of a spanish mackeral

1018-hero.jpg
That is a mackerel and a half! About 10 times the size of the ones we get here.

Reactions: DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox What a time you have had of it recently - glad to see you are on the mend - take care Mrs x

Brunch - O% Fat Fage greek yoghurt with mixed berries.

Dinner - Large Mushroom & Onion Omlette with half a dozen naughty chips. Large glass of pepsi max

Weather here has been fab all week - I have fitted in a few long walks in between sunbathing!

Saturday night so a couple of wee morgans spiced and diet cokes - actually I can't remember the last time I had a alcoholic drink in the house - so relaxing and enjoying it!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Gotta laugh at that one, as it's not going happen ironing sheets here.

I don't iron sheets but I get DIL to put my quilt covers through her ironing machine. My washing machine will cope, so I do that myself, but since she runs a laundry, it's easier to get them done with that (inside out, of course).

Bed time now and I didn't eat anything else since breakfast. BG still 10.9.

Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't iron sheets but I get DIL to put my quilt covers through her ironing machine. My washing machine will cope, so I do that myself, but since she runs a laundry, it's easier to get them done with that (inside out, of course).
We cant see the point in ironing something that will end up in a crumpled mess during the night when it gets kicked onto the floor.

I cant stand anything heavier than a sheet or a light blanket on my legs when I am in bed, my partner is happy with the sheet

I have what a I call karma blanket that was given to me by a night RN who was working the medical unit I was in last year, and she gave them away to patients that could not stand the weight of blankets on their legs.. She had lots of karma given to her from me, especially when she snuck me a cup of black coffee in later on.

jwd1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the tag. Best thing about that is Brisket is cheap as chips, 2.5 kgs for £13 - thought I'd be arrested for shoplifting on my way out.:)
I'd be interested to know how you manage to cook brisket to make it melt in the mouth good to eat?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd be interested to know how you manage to cook brisket to make it melt in the mouth good to eat?

Just in case Ian doesn’t see your question, this is the method he told me and it worked brilliantly. I never expected brisket to be moist or edible. It needs to be a bone in piece with all the fat. Not the usual boned rolled joint that supermarkets sell.
“Our piece was 2.5 kgs. Double wrapped in foil (both ways), in the oven at 130 for 8 hrs. We set outs to come on around 5.45. No liquid or veggies. At 7 hrs we took it out, basted well, put veggies in the pan - celeriac, courgettes, banana shallots and a couple of carrots. Turn oven up to 160 - kept 1 piece of foil over the meat. Back in oven for 30 mins then take out to rest, covered in foil and tea towels. Very tender and moist.”

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Today I had a cheese crusted omelette for brunch - so good!
Lunch/ dinner round at youngest daughter’s new home to celebrate her finally moving in. I provided the food and did the cooking! She said it was a masterclass in roast dinner cooking.
Roast chicken, cauliflower cheese and fresh runner beans. ( the carbivores also had roast spuds and carrots , stuffing and Yorkshire puds - I have finally got the knack of making fab Yorkies when I can no longer eat them - so frustrating!) champagne first, to celebrate her move and a glass of red with dinner.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast
90 minute dog walk but was oh so cold
Sunday lunch in a pub with all the trimmings, and several bites of hubby's sticky toffee pudding followed by another 90 minutes walk. Surprisingly only rose 2 and then went down to 4.4!
Tea: chunk of manchego with 2 slices proper buttered toast, a little yoghurt with blueberries. If bg is rising its only doing it slowly, can only assume its all the walking keeping it down

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Small piece of steak, one egg, mushrooms for breakfast.
Ham and salad low carb wraps, small tub of sugar free orange jelly for lunch.
Whole Red Roster roast chicken and veggies for dinner.

never expected brisket to be moist or edible. It needs to be a bone in piece with all the fat. Not the usual boned rolled joint that supermarkets sell.
We buy flat brisket, which does not have bones in it or been rolled up, we can get either fresh or corned depending on what you want to do with it.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Small piece of steak, one egg, mushrooms for breakfast.
Ham and salad low carb wraps, small tub of sugar free orange jelly for lunch.
Whole Red Roster roast chicken and veggies for dinner.

We buy flat brisket, which does not have bones in it or been rolled up, we can get either fresh or corned depending on what you want to do with it.

Have you ever made your own corned beef? I d like to try.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices slc toasted and buttered with scrambled cheese & eggs. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - Salmon with chilli and a large side salad. 1 dgf Bisc-nott with double cream drizzled over the top