What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Off to Sheringham Park today for a lovely relaxing walk. Was just thinking how lucky we are to be living in the UK and not in Afghanistan. I can't watch the news at the moment as it is too upsetting.
Winner and hug - hinner? Thank you for my winner. I wasn't sure if I was too whingey. I know the bible says "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten:" so I'mma hoping I'm just a slow learner but ee, I'm sore vexed. Enjoy Sheringham Park. Julie and the others had a great time at Yarmouth. There is no part of the UK I want to go apart from a very specific area of Cambs but only having won my battle with #movegate and low carb. I don't really do losing, which is hard work for a Spurs fan. Rude to mention Norwich really.

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Winner and hug - hinner? Thank you for my winner. I wasn't sure if I was too whingey. I know the bible says "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten:" so I'mma hoping I'm just a slow learner but eh, I'm sore vexed. Enjoy Sheringham Park. Julie and the others had a great time at Yarmouth. There is no part of the UK I want to go apart from a very specific area of Cambs but having won my battle with #movegate and low carb. I don't really do losing, which is hard work for a Spurs fan. Rude to mention Norwich really.
Definitely not too whingey. I must admit that I haven't been that happy with blood sugars over this 3 week break. Probably because I am doing too much computer work or just sitting and reading.
Great that Julie enjoyed her visit to Yarmouth.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good (late) evening all :)

4.4 today

chilly mist his morning but it turned out to be a fine and sunny afternoon once the mist cleared :joyful:

The village was full of people this afternoon so we thought it would be better to get our exercise in mum's garden ;) We did some raking and some bush trimming then managed to get the trimmings bonfired :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - glad both of you survived the encounter, I didn't know lavender oil was good for bee stings :)
It is amazing how a whole flock of sparrows can 'disappear' into a bush isn't it?

I'm liking the kaleidoscope of fairly lights you've created today :)

@dunelm - sounds like a good day was had ;)

That's a handsome bristlecone pine, you've really managed to give it such a sculptural quality, I've never actually seen one of those so I had to google it, they make striking trees :)

art bit - seascape I'm afraid, I was trying to infuse some more colour into the sky
View attachment 50967
Thanks @geefull
About 20 years ago I was in hospital over Xmas. And outside my window was a large Silver Birch tree, obviously leafless. And the nurse said to look at it when dusk fell. But she didn't tell me what I was to look for.
I was in a single occupancy room because of my problem. But it might have well as been rush hour at Piccadilly Circus.
At dusk, every small bird in the land came to roost for the night in this Silver Birch tree. Hundreds and hundreds of them. Every branch was packed to the hilt. This tree was in its own courtyard surrounded by hospital buildings. And so it was very sheltered in the cold weather. And I got patients and nurses coming in my room daily and opening the window to watch the amazing sight of these birds.
Absolutely no peace or privacy for me.

I like your seascape very much and I love the colours.
It is a very successful painting.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from exploration central here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of pickings from a hot buffet came in at 5.4 this am

A day of two halves. First, out onto the marshes nature reserve for an explore and in search of the elusive Bittern (fat chance). Snacking on blackberries and elderberries we discovered blue and red dragonflies, grass hoppers, various butterflies, large gangly spiders, the Northern marsh orchid and masses of snail shells - a wooden decking path through the bull rushes and then, 2 miles on, out and heading for the beach in search of the blobby jelly fish. Fish and chips on the steps of the sea wall and then back home by 1pm and nearly 6 miles under our belt. Second (after an appropriate nap), up and out to meet family at the long awaited wake for Mrs Miggins’ mother who passes earlier in the year. Youngest son will be back from his bike ride along Hadrians Wall at lunchtime and will be taking the Ninky Nonks and Little Miss Pamplemouse home later in the afternoon.

Art bit - someone has asked me to paint a bonsai tree in colour for them so looking for ideas - not sure about this one - probably better just left black. Have a great day, whatever day you are living in. Time for koffy.

View attachment 50970
I like this bonsai tree very much @dunelm
And I love the colour you have used for the leaves. I think it works as black and white and colour.
There is a lot of work in this.

I am glad you could have a wake for Mrs Miggins mother. Sounds poignant after all this this time. Hugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

A beautiful day today.
Sun's out.
Clear blue skies.

My photo in Snapseed for today.
It was one of the solar 'eyes' I got to try and scare badger.
I put it through curves to change the colour.
And that was it, because outdoors in my garden looks beautiful today, and so I want to be out there.
I won't be wearing my cochlear sound processor because the grandkids and extended family on one side will will be a riotous noise and barbecues. And the other side AH neighbour is still working every day, several months later, on the bungalow, drilling, machinery sawing, metal spade grating on concrete (mixing cement? Most days?), hammering, pneumatic drilling concrete, the list goes on. He is either making a palace, or a dungeon...
This means I have silence from my neighbours, but alas not from my tinnitus :(
But we cannot have it all...
So, instead of joining the gridlocked traffic of people from England coming over the border into Wales to find a beauty spot for a picnic, I have everything in my back garden. I have trees all around me (in my overgrown garden), and I cannot see other houses or bungalows. I have a picnic planned, and easy access to toilet facilities (very important), my thatched swing, and some iced Starbucks coffee.
What more can a girl want?

Have the best day you can!

A725B083-41C9-4E8D-851C-6DE00C6533EA.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

Yesterday, when all my troubles seemed so far away a 6.8 and today a 7.0 on that scheming meter of deception and plotting.

I would like to say thanks for all of the undeserved kind comments, I shall mention no names, but if I bring a smile to your face with my obscure ramblings then my day is complete.
Update on vacuuming task, apparently I vacuum in the same manner as I mow the lawns, Mrs J filmed the task and has shared it with a few of her fiends, my street credibility is lost, but I managed to redeem myself by being banned from the washing machine, sorry but I must depart Mrs J is shouting for me / at me to do something or other.

Stay safe all

Reactions: mojo37

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Finger prick reading of 5.1 this morning am awaiting the arrival of new libre sensor but as tomorrow is a bank holyday will be Tuesday at the earliest.

Things have taken a turn for the strange around here it seems our neighbours are now no longer talking to us for some unknown reason in fact the last words they spoke to us were "do you have a corkscrew we can borrow" it seems they were having a party and were unable to extract the wine from their bottles obviously they are used to screw cap bottles and didn't realize that some bottles have corks.all I can surmise is that we never supplied them with an instruction manual for the corkscrew or I passed it over with my left hand or some other misdemeanor but they have studiously been ignoring us since.

However we did manage to retrieve our corkscrew.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 for me this morning - possibly the result of a few chips and onion rings from last night or possibly not who knows. I have been MIA as back to work (the rat race) and family and me had covid. I sometimes peep in and out to see what yous have all been up to.

@ianpspurs Big congratulations on the new arrival!

@JohnEGreen nothing weirder than folk at times, eh - the neighbours may be fine tomorrow another day.

Enjoy what is left of your weekend folks! :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
[
I have everything in my back garden. I have trees all around me (in my overgrown garden), and I cannot see other houses or bungalows. I have a picnic planned, and easy access to toilet facilities (very important), my thatched swing, and some iced Starbucks coffee.
That is absolutely idyllic and great that you can switch off the noise from.your. Neighbours.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.2 today

turned out to be quite a cool and cloudy day so Sunday dinner inside at mum's today ;)

The new ice cream recipe was voted a success (spiced rum and lemon), I served it with a small slice of almond and lemon lc sponge and a bit of plum and red gooseberry 'compote' (getting fancy now :D :hilarious:).

@dunelm - a hug for the day of mixed feeling though the morning sounds splendid :joyful:
I do really like your bonsai, very stylish and that green has worked really well :)

@ianpspurs - 6th birthday, sounds like fun ;)

@gennepher - sounds like you're planning a good and calm day in the garden :)
Snapseed and your imagination has turned up trumps again ;)

art bit - my study of a work by an artist called David Drummond, I admire his skill at painting water
upload_2021-8-29_19-5-44.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I like this bonsai tree very much @dunelm
And I love the colour you have used for the leaves. I think it works as black and white and colour.
There is a lot of work in this.

I am glad you could have a wake for Mrs Miggins mother. Sounds poignant after all this this time. Hugs.
Thank you @gennepher, still not sure about the colour - will probably grow on me :angelic:. Wake went well and it was good to catch up with so many family members. Mrs Miggins had spent the past few weeks making up a time line photo album of her parents stretching from early year and including all their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren - and extended family and friends.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

A beautiful day today.
Sun's out.
Clear blue skies.

My photo in Snapseed for today.
It was one of the solar 'eyes' I got to try and scare badger.
I put it through curves to change the colour.
And that was it, because outdoors in my garden looks beautiful today, and so I want to be out there.
I won't be wearing my cochlear sound processor because the grandkids and extended family on one side will will be a riotous noise and barbecues. And the other side AH neighbour is still working every day, several months later, on the bungalow, drilling, machinery sawing, metal spade grating on concrete (mixing cement? Most days?), hammering, pneumatic drilling concrete, the list goes on. He is either making a palace, or a dungeon...
This means I have silence from my neighbours, but alas not from my tinnitus :(
But we cannot have it all...
So, instead of joining the gridlocked traffic of people from England coming over the border into Wales to find a beauty spot for a picnic, I have everything in my back garden. I have trees all around me (in my overgrown garden), and I cannot see other houses or bungalows. I have a picnic planned, and easy access to toilet facilities (very important), my thatched swing, and some iced Starbucks coffee.

Have the best day you can!

View attachment 50971
Fabulous piece of art and so good that you can sit in your peacefull oasis in the midst of all the chaotic goings on and have a picnic.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

Yesterday, when all my troubles seemed so far away a 6.8 and today a 7.0 on that scheming meter of deception and plotting.

I would like to say thanks for all of the undeserved kind comments, I shall mention no names, but if I bring a smile to your face with my obscure ramblings then my day is complete.
Update on vacuuming task, apparently I vacuum in the same manner as I mow the lawns, Mrs J filmed the task and has shared it with a few of her fiends, my street credibility is lost, but I managed to redeem myself by being banned from the washing machine, sorry but I must depart Mrs J is shouting for me / at me to do something or other.

Stay safe all
This apprenticeship seems to be running full on right from the start. Lots of hands on with heavy machinery.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.2 today

turned out to be quite a cool and cloudy day so Sunday dinner inside at mum's today ;)

The new ice cream recipe was voted a success (spiced rum and lemon), I served it with a small slice of almond and lemon lc sponge and a bit of plum and red gooseberry 'compote' (getting fancy now :D :hilarious:).

@dunelm - a hug for the day of mixed feeling though the morning sounds splendid :joyful:
I do really like your bonsai, very stylish and that green has worked really well :)

@ianpspurs - 6th birthday, sounds like fun ;)

@gennepher - sounds like you're planning a good and calm day in the garden :)
Snapseed and your imagination has turned up trumps again ;)

art bit - my study of a work by an artist called David Drummond, I admire his skill at painting water
View attachment 50973
Thank you for your kind comments @geefull - your desert recipes always sound so delicious. Your David Drummond study is a fine illustration of reflections, I find them so difficult to do.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a dull, drizzly yet very quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of salad days came home at 4.8 this am

Grandchildren went home yesterday afternoon but not before a last splash in the sea, a barefoot dash along the sand and a visit to an ice cream parlour. “Wow, ice-cream and in the morning, before lunch.” Dad returned from his bike ride, scooped them up and off they went. We will see them again in a couple of weeks. Fig tree needs pruning, it’s had a recent growth spurt - there is a bumper crop of figs ripening on the branches but we always give them away.

Another bonsaieque tree, sumi-e style. Hope you all manage to have a good bank holiday Monday. I am starting with a double mug of freshly made monsoon malabar.

upload_2021-8-30_7-12-27.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Yesterday passed as I expected. I got my peaceful day. But I put my cochlear sound processor on for a minute or so to listen/hear what noises/sounds were going on. It was more or less as noisy as I expected, but noisier.

One one side the insentive Xmas light neighbour had many cars and their extended family and children and grandchildren, and riotous games had been organised for the grandchildren, and the smell of a barbecue, and the adults were laughing and joking, a complete party.

One the other side, AH neighbour was drilling, continuing to dig up concrete with a pneumatic drill, still the scraping of a metal spade against concrete, and more machinery noises. This has been going on, on a daily basis for months now.

And down the bottom half of this cul-de-sac was a riotous just adults party of all those at the bottom half of this cul-de-sac, (they are a bit of a collective elite going out on trips and to Sunday lunch together in a parade of cars and wave to the rest of us plebs at the top half of this cul-de-sac, and the Mad Chainsaw Man waves and shouts to me 'Bet you wish you were coming with us!' Absolutely not...) going on in Mad Chainsaw man's garden, it sounded like adult party games. There was a lot of shouting, and then a sudden collective roar amongst them when someone won or guessed something. With being deaf I cannot follow this kind of fast interactive kind of stuff. Living next to a football stadium is quieter than that.

So, my sound processor was removed quickly. Time for a peaceful picnic on my thatched swing with my tinnitus for company, only the tinnitus had now acquired a barking dog (?¿?). But the memory of that ongoing cacophonous noise faded away into oblivion, Maybe all this noise upset the Tinnitus Dog, so that is why he was barking.

My photograph in Snapseed for today. It is the reflection that was thrown on the wall by that solar 'eye' light of yesterday. I thought it looked like a forest of trees. So a little work in Snapseed and here we are.

Enjoy today. Have fun. Have peace.

0C127FE2-FDD7-49C9-A24B-2211BAB8D642.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. Bank Holiday and Lesser festival for Mr Bunyan. It is not recorded whether he enjoyed a Befordshire clanger . Maybe Bedford County Gaol chef wasn't a Bake orf fan- and who could blame them? So 16 gms carbs - no party food except the cucumber, celery sticks and cheese - gave a 5.6 on Swipey. LC seems to be a "flat track bully" - comes up against decent oppo and crumbles. 6 grandchildren for a pre 6th birfday partee - a few tears before bedtime, Who knew? Traditional rice crispie cake for another generation (4th) - not in the shape of a cat with the red neck ribbon. Times and fashion change. Fine looking tree @dunelm and monsoon malabar sounds intriguing but it just isn't 800 mls of Asaam so I'll pass. Enjoy the day. I'm not sure what Bank Holidays actually mean for retirees - old films? Take away the dross from the silver, and there shall come forth a vessel for the finer. ..... Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame. Quite right Solly.

Last edited: