What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.6 on Swipey - too high for that device but LC seems to be a flat track bully. 16 gms carbs, none of the pre 6th party food. Not even the rice crispie cake now traditional for the 4th generation. Actually, the original was in the shape of a cat with a red liqourice collar.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.3 at 0645.

Headed out of the door for a run and did 15k, wanted to see what the Libre logged while running.

An Initial spike to about 7.0 and then a drop to 4.1 gradually over the next hour.

All fasting, deliberately did not eat until I got back, but even then just a protein shake. Had a small BG rise but ultimately fell to 3.2 on Libre, 4.5 on finger prick at same time.

More experimentation to follow.

Felt fine for all of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
8.1 this morning. That's after being 6.3 before going to bed last night. Just can't get used to how my bg is always higher after a night's sleep.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 at 6AM, nearly 36 hours into fasting.

Was away on a holiday for a week with the minimal control policy of holidays (while cautious I did have carbs and alcohol with dinner and eating everyday) and then after coming back was retraining brain to go back on ADF and minimal carbs so hopefully things are in better control now than they were over the last two weeks.

Hope everyone had a good break over the long weekend. Have a great start of the week. :)

Reactions: karen8967

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.7 - I got awfully bored over the last 48 hours and took it out on my Endosystem. Went to bed on a 9.6, yeah, I'm definitely a Diabetic.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all - hopefully far better day than here. 5.8 from Swipey. Too high for Swipey and 16/17 gms carb - virus led and 1 to 1.5 hrs late. @DJC3 PT session will help. That's where I'm heading when my body and COVID learn to be'ave. @Estragon hug for boredom and the RC cake certainly was stunning. My grandmother's skill. She happened to be my first teacher as well:woot::woot:

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello to you all.
I thought I would start testing and reporting fasting levels again, after a break, and throwing a total hissy fit about the unpredictability of the whole T2 conundrum.
Totally confused about all HbA1c predictions and results, so back to basics before I wreck all manner of control.
6.3 this morning. That’ll do.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello to you all.
I thought I would start testing and reporting fasting levels again, after a break, and throwing a total hissy fit about the unpredictability of the whole T2 conundrum.
Totally confused about all HbA1c predictions and results, so back to basics before I wreck all manner of control.
6.3 this morning. That’ll do.
Welcome back. You have been missed.

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
6.8. I was disappointed with that. X