What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen from the realm of learning domestic tasks.

A disastrous 4.3 this morning on that scheming meter of mystery and unpredictability.

All is now quiet, the covid festival, whoops sorry pop festival has finished, the great unwashed pop fans will be making their way happily home. Best avoid Reading town centre and the exit roads.

Did someone mention Monsoon Malibar? Hmm nice and how you @gennepher cope me and me's will never know, @lindisfel thanks for making me laugh, @ianpspurs trying to understanding your post today will be my intellectual challenge.

Here in Tilehurst Towers it is day 3 of the bank holiday and the 3rd bbq in a row of bbq's, our youngest son and his wife are coming from Mordor ( London ) at lunchtime, so best get on with tasks.

Stay safe all.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.2 today

turned out to be quite a cool and cloudy day so Sunday dinner inside at mum's today ;)

The new ice cream recipe was voted a success (spiced rum and lemon), I served it with a small slice of almond and lemon lc sponge and a bit of plum and red gooseberry 'compote' (getting fancy now :D :hilarious:).

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - a hug for the day of mixed feeling though the morning sounds splendid :joyful:
I do really like your bonsai, very stylish and that green has worked really well :)

@ianpspurs - 6th birthday, sounds like fun ;)

@gennepher - sounds like you're planning a good and calm day in the garden :)
Snapseed and your imagination has turned up trumps again ;)

art bit - my study of a work by an artist called David Drummond, I admire his skill at painting water
View attachment 50973
Thank you for the photo compliment. And yes I was.
The food sounds delicious @geefull
Your painting I absolutely love. It is brilliant. I will have to google that artist...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen from the realm of learning domestic tasks.

A disastrous 4.3 this morning on that scheming meter of mystery and unpredictability.

All is now quiet, the covid festival, whoops sorry pop festival has finished, the great unwashed pop fans will be making their way happily home. Best avoid Reading town centre and the exit roads.

Did someone mention Monsoon Malibar? Hmm nice and how you @gennepher cope me and me's will never know, @lindisfel thanks for making me laugh, @ianpspurs trying to understanding your post today will be my intellectual challenge.

Here in Tilehurst Towers it is day 3 of the bank holiday and the 3rd bbq in a row of bbq's, our youngest son and his wife are coming from Mordor ( London ) at lunchtime, so best get on with tasks.

Stay safe all.
Hug for the low fbg - slide rule time? Enjoy the BBQ and family time. Best not to try to understand some things, just smile and wave, smile and wave. Our bbq is rather like the fondue set these days - no one is sure why we keep them except maybe for show.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. We had a lovely walk around Sheringham Park yesterday. We did our favourite walk so enjoyed some lovely views of the sea then followed paths that plunged deep into wooded valleys.

The NT have moved tables and chairs back into the courtyard - so it was really nice to be back to normal.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. We had a lovely walk around Sheringham Park yesterday. We did our favourite walk so enjoyed some lovely views of the sea then followed paths that plunged deep into wooded valleys.

The NT have moved tables and chairs back into the courtyard - so it was really nice to be back to normal.
Good to hear your day went well. Sausage roll up to par?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.4 for me this morning bit on the low side but feeling OK.

@ianpspurs Ian how does it feel being top of the league how novel is that. :)

Must admit even though I have been a Liverpool supporter since standing on the Kop End age three the first football match my dad took me to, I do have a sneaking like for Spurs since travelling down with a RAF mate of mine who was a Spurs fan from Wolverhampton to White Hart Lane 1n 1969 to watch a match on several occasions that was just before Jimmy went to West Ham in March 1970 if I remember correctly.

For all our great artists here you never fail to amaze me.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 for me this morning bit on the low side but feeling OK.

@ianpspurs Ian how does it feel being top of the league how novel is that. :)

Must admit even though I have been a Liverpool supporter since standing on the Kop End age three the first football match my dad took me to, I do have a sneaking like for Spurs since travelling down with a RAF mate of mine who was a Spurs fan from Wolverhampton to White Hart Lane 1n 1969 to watch a match on several occasions that was just before Jimmy went to West Ham in March 1970 if I remember correctly.

For all our great artists here you never fail to amaze me.:)
Such good taste @JohnEGreen :angelic: Good to hear the lower fbg isn't bringing problems so far. Another false dawn methinks, very Spursey. Started off well last year then fell away.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @gennepher, still not sure about the colour - will probably grow on me :angelic:. Wake went well and it was good to catch up with so many family members. Mrs Miggins had spent the past few weeks making up a time line photo album of her parents stretching from early year and including all their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren - and extended family and friends.
That photo album sounds fantastic @dunelm

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a dull, drizzly yet very quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of salad days came home at 4.8 this am

Grandchildren went home yesterday afternoon but not before a last splash in the sea, a barefoot dash along the sand and a visit to an ice cream parlour. “Wow, ice-cream and in the morning, before lunch.” Dad returned from his bike ride, scooped them up and off they went. We will see them again in a couple of weeks. Fig tree needs pruning, it’s had a recent growth spurt - there is a bumper crop of figs ripening on the branches but we always give them away.

Another bonsaieque tree, sumi-e style. Hope you all manage to have a good bank holiday Monday. I am starting with a double mug of freshly made monsoon malabar.

View attachment 50981
Love this @dunelm
It is my morning uplift with your trees...

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to offer a hug for the anti social neighbours and the "well meaning" in crowd @gennepher. Why do they imagine we all want to be bffes? To save post waste another top notch seascape @geefull.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgot to offer a hug for the anti social neighbours and the "well meaning" in crowd @gennepher. Why do they imagine we all want to be bffes? To save post waste another top notch seascape @geefull.
Thanks @ianpspurs
I enjoy being alone, but I don’t think I have ever been lonely. It is hard work in a crowd of people (not just because of my deafness), but some of us just don’t need a constant stream of people passing through our lives.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

mostly very quiet here today for a Bank Holiday change, probably because the weather was cooler and cloudy ;) so quiet we could hear our 'sociable' newest neighbours across the road in their garden distantly chatting and laughing with friends.

Mr gee and I spent some time today sorting out stuff' from the big cupboard under the stairs, I think perhaps it 'grows' in the dark whilst we're not looking :hilarious:

@dunelm nice sumi-e style tree, I especially like the foliage :)
What a nice idea to create a photo album for the family :)

@gennepher - a hug for the tinnitus and a winner for your peaceful day ;)
You're right about your Snapseed, it does look like a restful cool forest :)

@alf_Josiah - hugs for the fbg, hope the barbeque is enjoyable :)

art bit - inspired by something seen on the internet (unfortunately I've misplaced the reference :sorry:)

upload_2021-8-30_21-44-4.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

mostly very quiet here today for a Bank Holiday change, probably because the weather was cooler and cloudy ;) so quiet we could hear our 'sociable' newest neighbours across the road in their garden distantly chatting and laughing with friends.

Mr gee and I spent some time today sorting out stuff' from the big cupboard under the stairs, I think perhaps it 'grows' in the dark whilst we're not looking :hilarious:

art bit - inspired by something seen on the internet (unfortunately I've misplaced the reference :sorry:)

View attachment 50990
What a lovely painting. Very atmospheric. I love the way you have painted the light shimmering in the sky and on the water.

I have also been sorting 'stuff ' in cupboards and drawers. I agree that it must grow in the dark when we are not looking.

Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.3 today

View attachment 50990
Thanks @geefull for the hug and winner :)
And Snapseed compliment.

Stuff 'grows' in my garage when I don't go in it so often. It is trying to push the door open at the moment...

Your atmospheric painting is amazing. I love the moon and reflection in the water, and the bare tree full of tiny birds!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Was feeling too lazy to get the solar badger 'eye' light, didn't feel like getting out of bed!
So I used the nearest thing to hand. A woollen hat I wear in bed in winter.

I played in Snapseed, and initially I wasn't happy with it, but then I managed to introduce a bit of blue using curves tool. I had initially taken the photo in black&white. I have a soft spot for black&white photos.

So, an abstract!

2E5FD198-5A68-4F5A-9622-129531DA73CF.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Yesterday passed as I expected. I got my peaceful day. But I put my cochlear sound processor on for a minute or so to listen/hear what noises/sounds were going on. It was more or less as noisy as I expected, but noisier.

One one side the insentive Xmas light neighbour had many cars and their extended family and children and grandchildren, and riotous games had been organised for the grandchildren, and the smell of a barbecue, and the adults were laughing and joking, a complete party.

One the other side, AH neighbour was drilling, continuing to dig up concrete with a pneumatic drill, still the scraping of a metal spade against concrete, and more machinery noises. This has been going on, on a daily basis for months now.

And down the bottom half of this cul-de-sac was a riotous just adults party of all those at the bottom half of this cul-de-sac, (they are a bit of a collective elite going out on trips and to Sunday lunch together in a parade of cars and wave to the rest of us plebs at the top half of this cul-de-sac, and the Mad Chainsaw Man waves and shouts to me 'Bet you wish you were coming with us!' Absolutely not...) going on in Mad Chainsaw man's garden, it sounded like adult party games. There was a lot of shouting, and then a sudden collective roar amongst them when someone won or guessed something. With being deaf I cannot follow this kind of fast interactive kind of stuff. Living next to a football stadium is quieter than that.

So, my sound processor was removed quickly. Time for a peaceful picnic on my thatched swing with my tinnitus for company, only the tinnitus had now acquired a barking dog (?¿?). But the memory of that ongoing cacophonous noise faded away into oblivion, Maybe all this noise upset the Tinnitus Dog, so that is why he was barking.

My photograph in Snapseed for today. It is the reflection that was thrown on the wall by that solar 'eye' light of yesterday. I thought it looked like a forest of trees. So a little work in Snapseed and here we are.

Enjoy today. Have fun. Have peace.

View attachment 50983
Another winner at the cul-de-sac of riotous assembly, these Snapseed works are producing some great pieces of art - have you figured out the tinnitus dog bark? How annoying.